• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know if Halo Reach will ever come to the MCC?

Nothing confirmed. They've recognized it as something the community really wants (even in official FAQs), and some screens from the test version seemed to leave a slot for another game beyond ODST, but never anything solid-solid.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
H4 should be removed from Social Slayer, it is redundant.

VERY HAPPY to see unranked HCE Team Arena, though.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
mcc-h3playlistpoll-3ad5762c94e34270be6bd8111a745bf5.png

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yes BTB playlist! Kinda wish it was ranked (I like to see the numbers go up) but I totally get why it isn't.

Never gonna happen but... I wish there was a H2C BTB playlist. GOAT.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
I hope their next planned updates include some kind if progression system for completing matches, maybe even daily challenges to keep players coming back. Though I'm unsure how they could reward players for ranking up. Perhaps title cards, but that's not very enticing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, wonder why Halo CE Team Arena is unranked when all of the other Team Arenas are ranked.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, wonder why Halo CE Team Arena is unranked when all of the other Team Arenas are ranked.
Because competitive CE is best with 2v2 and what hardcore players enjoy most.

4v4 CE can be a little too chaotic for the general Halo audience since most of the maps are designed around 4 players or less.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
I'm wondering if there aren't too many playlists now. I've been searching in H2A Team Arena for five minutes and can't find anything.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1. The pistol is a power weapon (that everyone spawns with) so your first death is not surprising.

2. Halo 1 has really bad spawns, combined with spawning infront of a grenade (which is a mininuke in Halo 1) it can make for a bad time.

3. The guy you were shooting at more than likely had overshield, it has no visual indicator on the player in Halo 1.

In Halo 1 it doesn't show when people have Overshield. That's what happened here.

One of the several improvements made with Halo 2 onward, having an effect for OS lol.
Yeah, plus it prevents people from being invisible with OS aswell. It's just too bad default OS was nerfed in Halo 3, it's practically useless except for the brief invincibility you get when picking it up.

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a blast in the Big Team Battle playlist.

Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 4 ran fine. I had quite a bit of lag in Halo 2 classic. Don't know if it's the net code of the old game struggling with 16 players but I only had 1 match so it might have been a one off.

CTF in Halo 2: Anniversary on Bloodline was just fantastic.

Chasex

Oct 29, 2017
Oh i do as well. I get the same feelings that i get from Halo 2 Classic. That is that i feel like im actually in control of my shots and aiming patterns. Going into each encounter i can predictably tell how its going to end because of the games combat consistency. Even if that means dying, it never feels like bullshit. Halo 3 on the other hand still confuses me 11 years later lol. Its never felt good in arena combat. BTB is still GOAT for some reason.

Love this post and you are 100% right. Its baffling to me that H3 is the favorite child to like 75% of the Halo population. The game had aged terribly and is only slightly playable nowadays with MLG settings. I say this as someone with a 4 star general, a 50 in every playlist, and attended half a dozen H3 MLG events. Played the shit out of it for community and cuz there was nothing better at the time. Otherwise its garbage and always has been.

Halo 2 has better aiming, better movement, faster and more dynamic gameplay, and better maps. Every encounter feels like you are in control of the outcome and theres always an out at ur disposal until the very second you die. With better graphics it would still feel modern. Honestly I could play it forever and I just might.

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing stopping me from getting into Halo 2 classic is the button combo nonsense. I played that one online after Halo 3, so I never had time to learn all the glitches to succeed in that game.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love this post and you are 100% right. Its baffling to me that H3 is the favorite child to like 75% of the Halo population. The game had aged terribly and is only slightly playable nowadays with MLG settings. I say this as someone with a 4 star general, a 50 in every playlist, and attended half a dozen H3 MLG events. Played the shit out of it for community and cuz there was nothing better at the time. Otherwise its garbage and always has been.

Halo 2 has better aiming, better movement, faster and more dynamic gameplay, and better maps. Every encounter feels like you are in control of the outcome and theres always an out at ur disposal until the very second you die. With better graphics it would still feel modern. Honestly I could play it forever and I just might.

probably because Halo 2's original run was infested with glitching and cheating. Halo 3 was the first Halo online game where everyone stayed on the damn map

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how do I turn on HDR? Started the game and I can't find an HDR setting anywhere and my TV is not flipping into HDR mode

Edit: never mind, got it working sorry

Last edited:

defghik

Feb 15, 2018

Yeah, I would definitely argue Halo 3 is more of a case of never being good than aging poorly. This isn't some hot take made with the benefit of hindsight, I didn't like the game back when it came out either (this coming from somebody who played thousands of hours of Halo 1 and 2 prior to the release of 3), and if you were on the MLG forums back in 2007 you would have seen a ton of other people with this same opinion.

The game plays like a slow, clunky, dumbed down and much more random version of Halo 2. The list of gameplay changes they made that wasn't for the worst is very small.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
probably because Halo 2's original run was infested with glitching and cheating. Halo 3 was the first Halo online game where everyone stayed on the damn map
Halo 3 was broken at launch as well. Remember the hilariously bad melee system where the first person to melee doesn't win, rather the one with slightly more health.
Yeah, I would definitely argue Halo 3 is more of a case of never being good than aging poorly. This isn't some hot take made with the benefit of hindsight, I didn't like the game back when it came out either (this coming from somebody who played thousands of hours of Halo 1 and 2 prior to the release of 3), and if you were on the MLG forums back in 2007 you would have seen a ton of other people with this same opinion.

The game plays like a slow, clunky, dumbed down and much more random version of Halo 2. The list of gameplay changes they made that wasn't for the worst is very small.
I remember my first time playing Halo 3 at release and thinking I accidentally changed the speed and gravity lol. It's the same feeling I had when playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Zubalon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
Ill say it again...
Halo 4 was superior to 5 ...so much so it seem's like a different company or team made it !

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Just because BTB was never represented in 5 with actual maps does not make 4 better than 5.

Gameplay wise 5 is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 4.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I miss the superbounces.
I don't, glad they are no longer an issue in Halo 2 classic matchmaking anymore.

Halo 3 was broken at launch as well. Remember the hilariously bad melee system where the first person to melee doesn't win, rather the one with slightly more health.
There is a difirence between something that is broken and something that is just a shitty design. Halo 3's original melee system worked as Bungie intended, it was just a shitty design (like non-hitscan and random BR spread). Halo 2 was just a buggy mess!

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Halo 5 has phenomenal maps. It has by far the best mp of any halo game.
I wouldn't call any Halo 5 map phenomenal. Some of the base maps are solid like Coliseum, Fathom, Truth, but aside from Truth (since it's Midship), none of them will be remembered when we've all moved on to Infinite. They all look so samey and stale and the adherence to largely making symmetrical maps makes them boring.

Halo 2 still has the best overall suite of maps.

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Man I love overgrowth and molten just to name 2. I think halo 5s mp is just so well designed that it makes all the maps feel great. I love how quickly you can transverse the maps, and how they all have little areas to climb up and such. There are just so many different ways to approach the maps in Halo 5. I really hope infinite builds off of all that and does throw it away because they didn't hit some sales projection.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Halo 5 has phenomenal maps. It has by far the best mp of any halo game.

Can't agree with that. Take Halo 2 and 3 maps for objective 1 or 2 sided and tell me Halo 5 has anything even remotely as good. It's completely missing very large segments of what made Halo 2/3 so fucking great.

For MLG/HCS I can see your argument but for an objective or asymmetrical or light vehicle player for 4v4 Halo is total shit. I love Halo 5 for the gunplay and movement but the maps and modes are total ass outside of a narrow corridor for esports type players.