• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
they are literally trying to get 6 (if you bundle the 2 anniversary games with the originals) games spanning different generations of consoles all into one package with coherent multiplayer and single player to work for the first time on PC which entails a boat load of different configurations.

just because the games run at 4K on Xbox One X doesn't mean all of a sudden a PC version is ready to go at the drop of a hat.

Just thought that they were working on this for a while and thought their skd tools worked across windows.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Tim Sweeney reading that tweet:

giphy.gif
10/10

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I WILL PLAY THE ENTIRE HALO SERIES FOR THE VERY FIRST FUCKING TIME!!! YAAAAAAYYYYY !!!

edit:

OMG! THE MULTIPLAYER! THE BEST MULTIPLAYER!!! HALO 2 MULTIPLAYER REBORN!!!

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news. Wonder if the first Halo will be released during the MS E3 conference this year ( if they are having one).

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PLEASE Phil we need Halo 1 & 3 remastered as well. On the level of H2A. The greatest trilogy ever deserves such a treatment.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Free on gamepass right?

Just hoping MS store lets me install it. It lets me install Crackdown 3 but won't let me install Halo Wars 1 & 2 lmao.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
What's the point of buying an Xbox if it keeps giving up all its exclusives? I say that as an XB1X owner.
Preference in form factor and ease of use at the expense of customization and other features that make computer gaming a different beast from console gaming.

For some that don't mind either way, there may not be a reason to purchase Xbox hardware. But purchasing software is still revenue gained from Microsoft's standpoint.

This is nothing but pro-consumer.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What's the point of buying an Xbox if it keeps giving up all its exclusives? I say that as an XB1X owner.

Some people don't want to build a PC (including me). There are still a ton of people who don't play on PC and it's a lot easier to just buy a box and play or buy a box for someone else than build a pc/spend a lot more money on a comparable already built one.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I was excited for this reveal, but I never in my wildest dreams expected a Steam release. Good show, Microsoft - I bought all your games on Steam (most purchased day one) and will be down for this as well.

No issues with the XBL login, as it seems to be fairly benign based on my experience with Minecraft on NSW. Can't wait!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Halo with ultrawide. My dreams have come true! Let's go! Microsoft just changed the landscape. It's happening.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
All you have to do is remove bloom, 343. No one is going to miss that shit.

The multiplayer as is is going to be an awful first impression especially if you want big streamers playing Halo seriously.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i did not expect it coming to steam. Thought it would be W10 store only and UWP so hey, credit where credit is due.

Deleted member 25712

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played through the Reach campaign (and really I never made it through Halo 4 so any campaign) since it launched. I'm perfectly content with it being the first game. Can't wait to do some legendary runs!