• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Technika

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
Nice! and finally!!

I played Halo on PC back in the day when it was first ported over to it, but since then I havent had the opportunity to play the others in the series, until now.
Im so out of touch with Halo, I had to google Halo Reach, to learn its a prequel to the original game.

But im really keen to play Halo 3 and 4!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
sweet. yesterday i would've bet against MS ever putting anything on steam again, and when the MCC on PC rumors fired up this week i groused in the back of my head how i'd have to deal with the MS store or some storefront rollout.

never really was into Halo, it was something i just wanted to check out later on my leisure but now they have my axe, day 1, ect

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Halo 4 is the worst MP in the series. Hated how they added shit from CoD, and the maps were pretty bad too.
Reach actually has the absolute worst base maps, but luckily it has some excellent DLC maps with the Halo Anniversary maps as well as other excellent maps from Certain Affinity.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is interesting to see how doing pro-customer things earns respect and appreciation from said customers

Wish more companies understood it. MS took their sweet time but here is hoping they keep on this path.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Kind of bummed that nothing releases today, but I guess that was a silly thing to hope for. I'm just happy that the collection is coming to PC, and that Reach is being added. Really cool that Reach's multiplayer and Forge are going to be free for everyone who owns the collection already.

I wonder when the PC version will begin rolling out. Hopefully not too long after the next event.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
My nextgen lineup is looking like it'll end up being PC + PS5 + Switch/Switch Successor. Pretty cool that plenty (all?) Xbox games are coming to PC as well.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn...on Steam. Seriously tempted now. I've only played some of them briefly on other people's xboxes. I could get into some multiplayer shenanigans.

I'm sure a lot of people's jaws dropped.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Well wow I guess I can finally experience a Halo game for the first time. Or 6 of them apparently.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Great for those that have a PC and don't want to mess around with the Windows Store
Would be good if everything goes to Steam and the Epic Game Store in the Future

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Meh i rather have Halo CE first, i found reach to be dull, you could see Bungie was running out of ideas and their story telling was bland..

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Reach actually has the absolute worst base maps, but luckily it has some excellent DLC maps with the Halo Anniversary maps as well as other excellent maps from Certain Affinity.
Halo 4's base map selection is pretty much saved solely by Complex, Exile, and Haven imo; I dropped before the DLC maps came out so I have no opinion on them.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Reach campaign remastered? For PC!?

hacQFqm.gif

Edit: Removed traces of Logan. Replaced him with sloth who hopefully isn't as big of a prick.

Last edited:

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018
Halo 3 and Reach are on the same engine right?

Halo 3 remaster someday? It mostly looks great but at the end of the day it's still a game from 2007.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Now for the big question, how soon is "coming soon"? I know they said that the rest of the collection will release later this year, but I just wanna know exactly when I'm gonna be able to play Reach.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is this going to be a Play Anywhere (cross-buy) title?
Don't think they've said anything yet.

Makes me wonder if they might eventually phase out Play Anywhere due to all of their first-party games being in Game Pass going forward. They might try to push people more towards that rather than just giving what is essentially a free version of a game to people who buy it on one platform.

Papacheeks

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watertown, NY
So they are releasing these one at a time as part of the collection? No offence but what have they been doing? So all that work on console version especially updates for Xbox one x didn't apply to pc? Version?

Hope it's $59.99 for everything. I'm down at full price if they all work.