• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong with the Pulse Carbine. I have to get 3 kills for a challenge, and it seems like the easiest thing in the world! The first two shots home in and break the enemy shield... and then the killing blows miss every fucking time. I could fire off 6 shots afterwards, aiming directly at them, and they all miss! I don't understand!

it isn't you

in the time it takes to get to the final blow, the enemy is aware of what you have and will actively dodge them.

your better off picking people off who are engaging someone else

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Not to say this "proves it wrong", but I have dozens of hours of BTB playtime, and barely ever encountered any sort of matchmaking error I'd consider systemic. Mix of pre- and post- playlist update, with and without a fireteam.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I thought it was fixed, because I just got into two BTB matches first try. Guess I was just lucky

Oh yeah? Maybe it's just me, but I had an hr to play and wasted 20 minutes trying to get into BTB, and had to close the app twice. Played some ranked instead.

I've had the same issues whether playing on xcloud or xb1

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
would be completely fine if they deleted the commando out of the game, what a waste of a weapon. We already have the gambling bloom machine with the sidekick, no need to have its flameout older brother that peaked in high school in the sandbox too

that said, bring back the dmr tho

They just need to revert it to the flight version, it was a great addition. But weapons like the Commando and Mangler feel like they were balanced for a different game compared to the AR and BR.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
From the stream: 343i is aware of the BTB matchmaking issues and is working to have a resolution today

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Not to say this "proves it wrong", but I have dozens of hours of BTB playtime, and barely ever encountered any sort of matchmaking error I'd consider systemic. Mix of pre- and post- playlist update, with and without a fireteam.
PC or Xbox?

Up until a few days ago, BTB has been mostly good to me on Xbox. Now it either refuses to load the map, loads the map then disconnects from the server, or loads into the match, but have no HUD and none of my controls work except movement and look. This is happening the majority of the time.

Pre-patch, mind you. I'll test out today's patch after work.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to revert it to the flight version, it was a great addition. But weapons like the Commando and Mangler feel like they were balanced for a different game compared to the AR and BR.

having a mangler and winning up against someone who has a BR is a fantastic feeling. In fact, I about cried tears of joy when I had a mangler challenge and ended up getting Behemoth. I usually hate that map, but i actually had fun farming that XP.

flight commando would be an amazing addition with pre-nerf strength and w/o bloom. Under those circumstances, I'd favor commando starts over both AR starts and BR starts.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
apparently the ranked for ranked is only for this week because there is an "event" or something
Which is stupid as fuck too. Why do this? They fix a glaring issue only to make things worse after making others better.

The multiplayer mode in this game is such a fucking schism of really great and really awful. I made a comment in another thread that this is like getting a blow job from Rhiana on a private plane that's about to crash. Something really incredible coupled with something awful all at the same time.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Tenrai event will have more gear pieces when it returns (they used to be in the store).

edit: next week is the winter contigency event.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

would rather have a rof capped precision weapon with recoil than deal with bloom on a range/dueling weapon. didn't really like the commando in the flights for that reason too.

I'm aware that's the role the stalker rifle, something about it just feels off for some reason.

Oct 27, 2017
That's big news with them flat out saying stuff was put on the store that should not of been with the tenri event. Monetizing everything is going to do nothing but hurt this game and it will only get better if people continue to call this bullshit out.
Like what's the point of unlocking armor for an event if you get the barebones version? No visors or different colors for said armor unless you spend money is dumb.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Man that lead design dev gives me punished by reddit vibes. Hope he enjoys a nice break lol.
His comment that the internal feedback was looking like Reddit kinda speaks volumes about where the Live team was at the start of this and how they're kinda rushing to make changes as quickly as possible because their beliefs blew up in their face.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the free to play excuse is really starting to get to me. Putting caveats to customization is not free to play it comes off as nickel and diming the players. If you want to look like most of noble team you can't use multiple shoulder pieces on their own without buying them and one of George's shoulder textures aren't even finished or else they just gave up and thought no one cares anyway.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Saw the update was downloading and hoped it was gonna fix the HDR issue I have or at least add the HDR toggle back into the game but sadly neither was done. Still enjoying the campaign though and taking my time with it.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I've never noticed the diamond above an enemy before in multiplayer. When did they add that garbage? Also, is the BR scope gleam a new permanent edition to the game? I'm never playing another MP match if that's the case.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couple QoL things I want.

1. Make the indicators for friendlies better. Go white if they are talking (I have no idea who is talking in games where people have mics.) So many times someone is like ONE SHOT ON ME ON ME ON ME and im like wtf I dont even know where you are. Better indicators for firing and taking damage. Halo 2 and 3 already did this, come one now.

2. Add the star for getting a perfect kill in the kill feed

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
I don't recall saying that, and even if that were my point, your anecdotes don't align with my or many others experiences

That's what you implied by saying it was a joke that controller is pitted against m/kb. What are your and other's experiences of not anecdotal? I'm sure there are plenty of others here who play with a controller and have no problem doing well. Just because you're not good at something doesn't make it a joke.

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
That's what you implied by saying it was a joke that controller is pitted against m/kb. What are your and other's experiences of not anecdotal? I'm sure there are plenty of others here who play with a controller and have no problem doing well. Just because you're not good at something doesn't make it a joke.
What the fuck are you even talking about? Lmao. Mouse and controller have different advantages at different ranges, that much is obvious. The ability to not disable crossplay for a mode that would greatly exaggerate those differences in either direction is a dumb choice. Stop assuming shit

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
A gift from me to the fastest.

Rockstar Emblem Bundle

DJ5V-FDRD-?Q8J-Q5EW-P84(

? - K
( - U

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
PC or Xbox?

Up until a few days ago, BTB has been mostly good to me on Xbox. Now it either refuses to load the map, loads the map then disconnects from the server, or loads into the match, but have no HUD and none of my controls work except movement and look. This is happening the majority of the time.

Pre-patch, mind you. I'll test out today's patch after work.

Basically just Xbox for me, and same with my fireteam, now that I think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.