• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
this game is such a mess in ranked; theres a bug sometimes where if you win, the game actually gives the win to the enemy team and you lose points while they gain points.

wasnt playing ranked but i won a match in Quick Play, but in the post game scoreboard it listed cobra as the winner instead of my eagle team. The scores were even inverted!

Scroll-wheel got to be fixed in first patch, shit's messing me up so much. Guess I gotta rebind for now. I'd use X-Mouse or something to add a delay but don't wanna get flagged by any potential anti-cheat.

i dunno why they they can't just do it like Apex. Any scroll of the wheel, no matter how long or short, brings up your other weapon. Until they fix it I have weapon switch on mouse 4.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Playing the fiesta event feels significantly more chilled out once you finish off the ultimate challenge, I have enjoyed playing it tonight a lot more.

Certainly feels like a lot of people are trying to get killing sprees though, there is a certain feeling that people are being cautious versus normal.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I felt the same way. I normally love CTF. Feels like respawn timers should be just a couple of seconds longer. The higher player count in Big Team makes it harder to create gaps in the enemy team's spawning and make an opening to get something done. I've had most matches end up where each team got like one or no captures.
Games like that can be as fun as games that go 2/3, imo. I love how hectic it is and how you really need to time your escape well.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Anyone know if fiesta does skill based MM? I've been doing really well by my standards , decent kd etc. Just matched into a game and went 3-16, other team was on another level. Have been typically 15-9 or there about in recent games

i dunno about MMR, but i do notice that certain types of day matter a lot. If i play lat at night, the players are amazing. If i play middle of a work day, everyone is an idiot that cant hit the broadside of a barn.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
some of the balancing in objective modes is interesting. CTF having different flag capture points is interesting but I'm not sure if it's based on score or not. leads to me sometimes not knowing where the objective is but I'm sure I'll gain a second sense for it soon.

stockpile tho, sometimes it feels like the game just spawns all the cores on one team's side of the map like man y'all couldn't of thought this was an even objective location lmao

and I don't know how I feel about dynamic spawns that will literally flip the map, I get not wanting spawn killing but I think how it currently works is much too far when it feels base proximity is intangible

Oct 25, 2017
whoever made the capstone challenge performance-based in an inherently random ass game mode is a sadist
and they deserve jail time for making it only count standard killing sprees and not killing frenzy or higher spree medals
should have named the challenge "pray to the RNG gods"
I managed to finish it but it was maddening how many times I got 4 kills and was then suddenly surrounded by hammers and rockets

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
BTB balance is all kinds of broken. Vehicles spawning is especially broken, where on Fragmentation, one side can get a tank and the other side a ghost or something.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
man i'm getting frustrated as hell with this game. 25 kills they want with the battle rifle. i can't shoot with this thing to save my life. i'm burst shooting an entire clip into enemies and they will not go down. is there some trick to this stupid gun? i doesn't feel like it used to

not to mention this game is a laggy mess today. i just wanna unlock the color scheme

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had a crazy comeback in CTF. Finally got an overkill in ranked, as well. Invis in ranked is so damn OP, especially on maps that are close quarters such as Aquarius.

HungryYellow

Alt account
Banned
Nov 11, 2021
man i'm getting frustrated as hell with this game. 25 kills they want with the battle rifle. i can't shoot with this thing to save my life. i'm burst shooting an entire clip into enemies and they will not go down. is there some trick to this stupid gun? i doesn't feel like it used to

not to mention this game is a laggy mess today. i just wanna unlock the color scheme
BR feels like inconsistent crap but the only advice I can give is three in the chest and one in the head. But enjoy that turning into five in the chest and three in the head lol

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

If you aren't, play ranked where you spawn with it. Should clean up that challenge in a few matches. As far as the gun goes, no tricks and I'm sure you know this, but try to get all three bullets of the burst to hit, aim for the head when shields pop. It is definitely a gun that is impacted by a high ping though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The more I play the more I hate clamber. So many times I jump towards the ledge and just bounce off it.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
How are you social players enjoying the game?

The gun play is absolutely solid and the map designs are great (albeit a bit boring) competitive arena maps. But playing social or Fiesta with friends just now I'm not having the same "fun" I usually would have with such modes. It just kind of feels like competitive but with wacky guns.

I think it's because of the maps. They are a bit too balanced I think. There are very little power positions and very narrow. Because we did have one match on Behemoth which was very fun and reminded me of Halo 3. I think that is mostly down to the fact that it's a bit more open, has more powerful positions and has vehicles. The map is an absolute disaster in competitive, but definitely fun in a more social setting.

fiesta feels like competitive but with wacky guns because everyone is trying to get 5 kill streaks.

vehicles certainly bring that "social" feeling - but the issue has nothing to do with how the map is "balanced". behemoth is a perfectly balanced map. It doesn't work for competitive because of how big it is and the long site lines coupled with BR starts stifles movement.

launch site ,on the other hand, is about as unbalanced as it gets, and it has vehicles, yet it still feels bad in fiesta.

nath999

May 7, 2018
Scroll-wheel got to be fixed in first patch, shit's messing me up so much. Guess I gotta rebind for now. I'd use X-Mouse or something to add a delay but don't wanna get flagged by any potential anti-cheat.

i dunno why they they can't just do it like Apex. Any scroll of the wheel, no matter how long or short, brings up your other weapon. Until they fix it I have weapon switch on mouse 4.

Yes more of us! I want this to be so visible so the devs see it.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
From the Fracture blog:

RAu5w7Q.png

I didn't get anything extra as far as I'm aware? Do we get it at the end of the week when it's over?

EDIT: Oh, I think they are considering the armor coating "Willow Tea" to be Samurai-themed with the name and the flower petals. Too bad you can't equip it on the Yoroi armor then.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
probably can turn off that low jump option in settings to have a more consistent jump

Ive tried experimenting with the settings but I might need to give it more time. I just know I've been bouncing off ledges way more often than i should be.
This seems to happen all the damn time jumping up to the windows on bazaar. Its like mini rubberbanding.

It's bad there and I hate it on Aquarius when you're trying to climb ledges up to the active camo spawn. It's just inconsistent in general.

hankenta

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell. I only had one challenge left for my weekly, and when I finished it I got another. Nah, fuck this. I'll never try finish the weekly again. What a waste of time.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
From the Fracture blog:

RAu5w7Q.png

I didn't get anything extra as far as I'm aware? Do we get it at the end of the week when it's over?

EDIT: Oh, I think they are considering the armor coating "Willow Tea" to be Samurai-themed with the name and the flower petals. Too bad you can't equip it on the Yoroi armor then.

Right, the small flower petals make it themed but it's then bafflingly locked so you can't use it with the themed core. Between that and the Yoroi visor UI icons all being a clearly different default helmet we don't actually have, it feels like some last minute rug pulling.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
That's it. Uninstalled that trash. Getting steam-rolled in 80% of all ranked matches sucks. Hope the campaign is a lot better.
FFT7uiTXsAEwPtD

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Platform warring over a series of posts
I remember back when MS was championing crossplay that they had said their first party games would always have the option to turn off for console only. What happened with that? It's complete bullshit I pay for Xbox Live and am forced to play against the ultimate cheating community.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Is level 7 the highest you can get on the Fracture track without premium? I don't have any more event-tagged challenges to do.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
From the Fracture blog:

RAu5w7Q.png

Again why I feel they need to make coatings and visor colors goddamn universal across all armor cores.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
From the Fracture blog:

RAu5w7Q.png

Besides the armor core there's a samurai themed emblem, nameplate, and backdrop I think. That's probably the items they are referring to in that blog post.

The other Samurai items (shoulder pads, helmet, weapon skins, sword belt etc) are gonna be earnable in future events.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
?

8844daa692.jpg

Do you mean like, despite queueing into this, you still encounter people with controllers or vice versa KB/M?

that they are still playing PC players, even if they are queuing with controllers.

they don't want to be in the pc pool at all, citing PC players having more cheaters than console.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Oohhhh I see. I thought that meant that everyone in the game would be KB/M or controller. That's very unclear. That sucks!

My brain just thinks KBM = PC and Controller = Console lol. I forget people play with controllers on PC.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
I remember back when MS was championing crossplay that they had said their first party games would always have the option to turn off for console only. What happened with that? It's complete bullshit I pay for Xbox Live and am forced to play against the ultimate cheating community.

Cheaters or they're just better than u?

Oct 27, 2017
?

8844daa692.jpg

Do you mean like, despite queueing into this, you still encounter people with controllers or vice versa KB/M?
No. You run into PC players using the controller option. They separate by input, not platform. If a PC player uses a controller, you get matched with them. I did read the other day there's a PC cheat where they still are using K&M with the controller option, though, and that's the issue. Cheats cheats cheats.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Has anyone else ran into the glitch in a Total Control game where you and the other team can't capture a point? Just lost a game 2-1 because of this, weird.

ajoshi

Sep 11, 2021
Re cheaters: I don't think I've seen any but at any rate opting out of system crossplay should be an option in every game with a ranked playlist. I understand they don't want to kill the PC community but idk the platform just brings it on itself esp with a free to play game.

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
I have done a lot of testing regarding controller settings and ended up with the following settings.

Platform: PC
Controller: Elite Series Wireless

Sensitivity & Acceleration
Look Acceleration - 5
Look Sensitivity (Horizontal) - 8
Look Sensitivity (Vertical) - 6

Zoom Sensitivity
Zoom Level - 1.4x
1.4x Sensitivity - 1.0

Move Thumbstick
Center Deadzone - 0, move up until drift is eliminated
Max Input Threshold - 15 (max)
Axial Deazone - 0, move up until drift is eliminated

Look Thumbstick
Center Deadzone - 0, move up until drift is eliminated
Max Input Threshold - 15 (max)
Axial Deazone - 0, move up until drift is eliminated

I have uploaded a video with a few explanations, may it be useful for you!

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I don't know why this is so hard to get...

If you play vs mid plats and go MVP and win, but you do it with a 1.5:1 ratio, the gap between you and the bottom isn't that big, and the other team score.

Vs

Another D6 who plays vs mid plats, goes MVP, with a 2.5:1 ratio, the gap between them and the bottom is big, and the other team don't score.

Then, relative to that player you are not as good in that instance.

And if the system is ranking relative like this, then yes... losing points relatively is fair as it is dropping you a bit below the other player.
that actually makes sense. Because I lost the majority of my matches last night on my alt and I was facing people way higher than my team. Kept facing Onyx stacks but would have unranked and diamond players on my team. But I was still consistently ranking up

Status
Not open for further replies.