• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's funny controller players complaining the aim assist is fucked and too hard.

and MKB players complaining controllers are OP

Which is it!?

The funny thing is that tweet that was circulating yesterday is apparently on PC. It's a bug on pc. The aim assist on console looks nothing like that. Pc players out here getting upset now that controller users can finally put up a fight lol.

After suffering in 2042 I don't wanna hear any of it.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's funny controller players complaining the aim assist is fucked and too hard.

Which is it!?
Halo was designed around aim assist manipulation since it's a console-centric series, the way shields work was specifically made so that you only need bodyshots for full damage on shields and then a flick headshot for the last shot once the shield is broken, otherwise you need several more shots to drain health. The design focus around aim assist manipulation was incredibly apparent to me when I played MCC on kb+m after previously playing lots of Reach on Xbox 360 back in the day and was struggling considerably more than I had ever remembered.

What's probably happening is that aim assist is a bit bugged, been seeing lots of complaints that it can get shut off.

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So is ranked pretty much battle rifle duels the entire time, with the occasional heavy weapon? Wish ranked games would randomize your loadout a bit.

you can pick up the other weapons, yknow. most of em are viable, although I can't get used to the commando and the pulse carbine seems like straight trash.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
…did they fix the footsteps in this patch today? It's the most consistent it's been and ranked went from great to AMAZING.

I hated not having that situational awareness but now I'm hearing enemies run around me.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the hate for the commando.

Only complaint is that the charger is too small.

You need to use it as an ar.

I like the mauler too pretty good.

Liking the game thus far but I would say that Pellican is too op in my mind and I don't like the rocket launcher in ranked.

Plus like everyone says let us choose which mode we want to play.

we already have an AR… and it doesn't have bloom and has Melinda recoil . The commando has become a more difficult to use AR, with a higher ttk. Why use it?

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
I already disliked Bazaar but I just played a Ranked CTF on it and I wouldn't wish this for my biggest enemy.
Bazaar is really bad.

The map list in ranked is generally a bit meh though;

Bazaar is just plain bad.

Streets is okay but there's nothing particularly special or interesting about it.

Recharge is great for strongholds but really bad for Slayer.

Aquarius CTF seems good.

Live Fire is good.

And then you have Behemoth. Which, in some 30 ranked matches, I haven't played once.

Not sure how I feel about this. To me it just feels like a slower Halo 5 with a fraction of the maps, worse weapons, and armor abilities taken out. I really miss the boost thruster being available by default, so this just feels like a step backwards to me. Also 2 hits to kill while holding a flag or skull? Crazy. Combined with the absurd lack of playlists, progression system, other small issues like the lack of team colors, lack of detailed postgame stats etc. I just don't know why I'd want to play this over Halo 5 right now.
I prefer H5 too but sadly I think the ship has sailed on it.

Hopefully we eventually get some playlists where you spawn with unlimited thrust and a pistol which isn't ass :P

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Got placed in Diamond 1 solo/controller.

Maybe it's me having played too much H5 but I think the ttk should be a smidge lower, I feel like it's literally impossible to 1v2 anything if I take even a little damage.

That and the long health Regen time feels super annoying.

Honestly I prefer the H5 pistol combat than the br duels, those felt like you could actually fuck them up.

In this I'm constantly winning a duel barely when I know people really don't got it like that.

And special weapons really don't feel that strong, I'm picking them up for fun but a lot of the time I know I should just have a br or ar out.

Oh and having to play obj with randoms is literally trash and they can't put Slayer only soon enough.

I'm having fun but I think it will get very annoying very quickly for me.

this has always been the downside of br starts, the ttk is too long for skill to take over 1v2 situations. With BR The game is all about team shot. That's why we need a proper single shot precision weapon, not one pigeonholed into the role of a sidearm

hell, mangler starts would be better IMO.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Halo 5 was a great multiplayer, but a terrible halo multiplayer. I will not miss it (I also played a ton of it)
I'm in the same boat. I enjoyed Halo 5… played it a ton. But it never scratched my Halo itch like this game as done already. If I could get 343 to bump up the jump height so I don't have to clamber so much, I would be in absolute heaven.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think Highpower and Streets are instant classic maps.

Highpower is a great BTB map.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Got some terrible weekly challenges with shock chain kills, killing a Ghost and getting kills with a Stalker Rifle. Don't think I've seen a Stalker Rifle yet...

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, we were down like 34 to 45, then I went on a hot streak and got a killing frenzy and we won 50 to 49. Literally still shaking.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some mechanic I'm missing with new weapons like the Mangler, Disruptor, Shock Rifle, Stalker Rifle? They all seem super weak

The mangler and stalker rifle are 3 shot kills if the last one hits the head. The mangler also does so much melee damage , one shot followed by a melee is a kill.

the disrupter does damage over time, use it to disable vehicles or to poison your opponents shields before switching to a different weapon to finish them. I recommend switching after landing 3 disrupter shots

the shot rifle is a 1HK to the head of the entire projectile stream connects. It also does chain damage to nearby enemies if you land a shot on a person or metallic object

all of these guns are dope in their own way

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
This game is crack.

Having a lovely time jumping between Ranked and BTB. They offer two completely distinct experiences.

I just wish the map count was doubled, with some added variety. That needs to be their focus for Season 2. Also, I'd love a Christmas present in the form of a classic map remake. Give me The Pit or Midship.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Ugh, another CTF games where teammates are just running around. Shitty challenges. I think I'm going to focus on other games until they introduce a slayer playlist.

Wish I was having more fun, but every game just ends up in frustration.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is there some mechanic I'm missing with new weapons like the Mangler, Disruptor, Shock Rifle, Stalker Rifle? They all seem super weak

The mangler is an absolute beast at close range. It's got a massive blade on it (and counts for the 'melee with a bladed weapon achievement).

One shot at an enemy and then follow up with a melee for a kill.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Fuuuuuck. We neeeeeed collision on enemy players. What the hell is the rational for not having it? Its so frustrating to get behind someone and they just phase through you and backsmack you.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
The ravager is bad, bring back the brute shot. Pretty much all of the rest of the weapons seem to have a place though, 343 are better at weapon balancing than Bungie ever was. Frag grenades are terrible though. The damage is probably ok, but the mechanics have been fucked with and don't feel like Halo nades anymore. They also look and sound bad. I really hope they are worked on.

Getting shot around a corner is also definitely a thing, and something Halo never had a huge problem with (maybe 5?). I suppose it could be because the faster pace, but its super frustrating when you feel like you've easily evaded a final blow but then get killed anyway.

Other than that, this game rocks even if it is bare-boned at the moment. It feels weird to have a viable AR in Halo. I guess 5 had that too, but it feels even stronger in Infinite lol.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Fuuuuuck. We neeeeeed collision on enemy players. What the hell is the rational for not having it? Its so frustrating to get behind someone and they just phase through you and backsmack you.

Every time I try to melee someone and miss, the other person just disappears and I have to do a 360 to look where he is, we're just spinning around trying to melee each other. It's weird.

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
Ranked matchmaking has been outrageously bad this morning. Complete mismatch every game.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This happened to me also:

There needs to be a limit on Stockpile.

EDIT: Now we in overtime! Yay!

This happened to me too, the seeds glitched inside geometry so nobody could win. Game eventually ended in a tie.

Also had a total control on Hightower that had an A point that couldn't be captured at all...so that was another tie.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
After 14 matches...4 in a row just now which were on Fragmentation...I finally have BTB Slayer to get the 2 kills I need!

And it's on Highpower, not Fragmentation!

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Stalker Rifle is a 3tap weapon (3headshot=100% kill). Mangler is funny, i use this weapon with AR.(After a few shots with the assault rifle, opponents die after 1 shot with Mangler.)

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
No one was asking for no player collision and it's so obviously worse I'm wondering if there was something wrong about enabling it in the Infinite engine , it's clear the engine has caused all sorts of problems / delays after all.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
User Warned: inappropriate commentary
Something is absolutely broken about matchmaking system. Games are mostly like Retarded Random Players vs. Halo Esports Players.

Last edited:

KozukiOden

Feb 5, 2019
I got kicked out of the third big team battle in a row. This is was really frustrating i also had my exp boost activated. The Progress for the weekly challenges isnt saved if you get kicked out of the game.

Coxy

Oct 28, 2017
How does the battle pass thingy work? Just played in a game where someone constantly had a power weapon or extra shield etc. the odd time they didn't I was finally able to beat them.

Can you pay to win or did they just know where to find the stuff? Thanks

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looked up all the maps in an article. In about 12 hours of playtime, never seen Launch Site. Somebody mentioned earlier they rarely see Behemoth, which I play all the time. Funny how things go...

nath999

May 7, 2018
I can't believe how bad people are at odd ball it's not a hard game mode.. Like they literally pick up the ball start running around the map away from teammates.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Downloaded today. Not lost a game, yet I'm getting murdered in every game I'm put in so the team are carrying me. Something is weird about this matchmaking, I feel like a spectator while my 3 men battle it out with the enemy team.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Motion tracker's range isn't nearly big enough in BTB. I swear 90% of the time people aren't even appearing on it when they kill me

also I hate active camo in this game. It has no counter unless they're sprinting zzzz

Jolkien

Oct 25, 2017
Anchorage/Alaska
How does the battle pass thingy work? Just played in a game where someone constantly had a power weapon or extra shield etc. the odd time they didn't I was finally able to beat them.

Zero pay to win in the game, pure cosmetic. You were just outplayed. Those power weapon and Overshield spawn on a timer which everybody can see and they always spawn at the same locations. So map control and knowing when to push for a power weapon and pickup is part of the strategy.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I had 2 matches in ranked in a row where people left and it kind of sucks because it feels onesided against a good team - Especially when one of them happened to be Bazaar CTF - so they were taking flags immediately after capturing so not like two people can stand against 4.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Did they nerf the ravager from the flights? Thing seems like it absolutely blows ass now. I don't even know how you get 3 stars on the firing range with it, it takes an insane amount of 3 shot bursts to kill.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

The battlepass is only cosmetic. Whoever you were up against was just outplaying you by constantly going for powerful items lol. Make sure to pay attention to the announcements and timers.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017

Which is it!?

Honestly I think its MKB players getting a taste of what aim assist + years of battle royal games and how far competitive console gamers have come in the last few years. Some people on console are absolutely cracked now, play really well. Obviously not *all* but I do think the culture shift and how competitive some games are now, has definitely elevated the overall base of people to improve dramatically.

Syinn

Jun 14, 2021
The motion tracker may as well be off tbh. By the time you see someone on your radar they're already shooting at you or you're dead.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How do you go 10-32 as a platinum player. I can't even wrap my head around that. Lol. I've gone negative before (just like everybody else who complains qabout randoms) but by 22?! Ouch. Players must be getting carried into these ranks.

Weird ELO placements aside.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Man, some theatre videos wont play back. Had some awesome moments but some matches just dont have the playback option.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I think Highpower and Streets are instant classic maps.

Highpower is a great BTB map.

I like most of the maps in this game. I can't remember the last time a MP game launched with this many good maps.

Something is absolutely broken about matchmaking system. Games are mostly like Retarded Random Players vs. Halo Esports Players.

Hi just a quick reminder. You could also get you point across without using ableist language.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.