• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
For the love of god, go into setting and mute your hot mics. I don't need to hear your heavy breathing struggling to eat your 20 pc chicken nuggets.

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
What's folks thoughts on the Bulldog? Seems a kinda weird inclusion over the normal shotty. Like, you can still shoot once then melee for a kill but it's then like three? shots to actually kill with the gun?

I like the way it feels to use tho.
I've been using it at midrange around 3 shots and it feels pretty nice. Always like picking it up if I can lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I hopped on XSX hoping to play a bit but yeah the servers are dead to load in to MP :(

Jun 10, 2018
Just had my first real bug with this game. Toward the end of the last match on Series X, the music and sound started to become garbled until the sound cut out entirely. System sounds still worked, like bringing up the guide. Sounds was still cut out upon returning to the menu.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What's folks thoughts on the Bulldog? Seems a kinda weird inclusion over the normal shotty. Like, you can still shoot once then melee for a kill but it's then like three? shots to actually kill with the gun?

I like the way it feels to use tho.
The Bulldog feels alright for a autoshotty. In every Halo game the shotguns go back and forth from Godlike to just flat out terrible. I consider the Bulldog somewhere in the middle.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
Is there a grappling hook pickup in the map? 🤔 I could have sworn a teammate using it in one of my matches, either that or he super jumped onto the bridge from the ground

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Finally managed to put in some time on Series X. Some thoughts:

Definitely a traditional beta unlike the marketing beta most games release. There is a good amount of UI bugy-ness which has required some force quits.

Game feels great, controls maybe a touch heavy but that could also just be how out of practice I am with FPS, the fun is 100% here for me though. I am a heavily lapsed Halo 3 player who has only really dipped into the campaigns since and I am getting a fair amount of nostalgia. I remember fondly playing the multiplayer demo that came with Crackdown and putting a stupid amount of hours into the full thing.

EDIT: Can't seem to get in any more games right now, assume servers are wonky.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
Is the Beta available on Xbox one as well?

And I just want to remind people, this is a BETA. Don't expect a perfectly polished game.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
History has shown that most of these beta/alpha/preview marketing builds that the public plays before launch more or less tend to look like the final game.

There is no magic fairy dust that is going to make this game look and run significantly better at launch. It is what it is, I'm at peace with the fact that Infinite isn't really going to be a next-gen showcase.
It's a two month old build. The game likely won't release for another four months. Most of the polish comes late in development. It's not "magic fairy dust," it's how video games are made.

Oct 25, 2017
For the love of god, go into setting and mute your hot mics. I don't need to hear your heavy breathing struggling to eat your 20 pc chicken nuggets.
One of the matches I joined glitched, it never loaded for me, I was stuck on a black screen.
But I got to listen to the entire match being played through the hot mic of a teammate.
I just let it keep going because I wanted to know what would happen.
Apparently we won. Then I finally force closed.

Apr 30, 2019
Has anyone fonund access to custom games lobbies yet so we can play BTB on Valhalla and use the banshee to go outside the map and fly into space?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Open mic told me one of my teammates was on mouse and keyboard tho. I heard him clicking haha.
Btw i hope they add icons next to gamertags tho. I always like to see on wich platforms other people are

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone fonund access to custom games lobbies yet so we can play BTB on Valhalla and use the banshee to go outside the map and fly into space?
If on the main menu you put in the button combo axbbbxybbyxyayaaxbbxabyaxbxyaxaxyabxbabxybxxyaxxyxbaaaxaaaxyybayxxxbaaybybaxxxxxaaaabxbaxaxyxbyyyayxyxbxabyayybyyya then Mister Chief in AI form appears and unlocks the Facing Worlds remake playlist

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy I'm scared of spoilers.

That said, RE: multiple campaigns- that was expected for a while, they basically said as much last year. Halo 7 won't be its own game, but rather a campaign within Infinite, probably. I hope the launch campaign for Infinite feels complete, though. I don't want a new campaign every six months or something like that. I like my big, occasional campaigns for Halo. And I would like the next game to feature a lot of improvements, so I'm not sure I love their 10-year idea.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit, it's irrationally irritating to me seeing so many people angry about the performance and visuals across all platforms despite 343i literally warning about unstable performance and a lack of visual polish in this build. It's not like this is the MCC launch, y'all. This is a months old build of an unfinished game.
It's only 2 months old, of a game that was in a polish phase the past 7 months and they can only call it somewhere between a beta and an alpha.

If the game ran at lower resolution, or had some things moving at half the frame rate it be fine, but when the performance impacts gameplay such as on xbox one x where it slows down so much you can't land shots I think it's a justified reason to complain.

Also 343 said there will be many issues encountered that won't be fixed until post launch, and that's okay. So lots of confidence there for people that things they find will actually be fixed for launch.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Was hoping they would have omitted certain stuff for this to prevent data mining but it's almost inevitable

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I'm okay with them adding to the story and world of Halo once per year or however, but initial campaign needs to feel complete. I don't want another Destiny, where story becomes more and more compromised due to time and resource restriction.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm okay with them adding to the story and world of Halo once per year or however, but initial campaign needs to feel complete. I don't want another Destiny, where story becomes more and more compromised due to time and resource restriction.

If we go by what Joe Staten said in the June Inside Infinite, there are going to be more things that revolve around our MP Spartan.

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
Loving the gunplay! 343 is up to something good here!
That said, performance seems to be all over the place. My build sports a 3080Ti, but man… getting a constant 60fps in 4k is next to impossible :(

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If we go by what Joe Staten said in the June Inside Infinite, there are going to be more things that revolve around our MP Spartan.
Hm, that's interesting.

What if... as they build expansion sized updates on a 2-3 year basis... we play smaller missions on Halo Infinite maps, as our Spartans? Literally Destiny-like. That would of course mean this Halo ring stays for a while lol.