• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
This build is currently CPU-bound, even at 4K. All eight CPU cores of my i7 9900K are being used. Enabling Hyper-Threading does not improve performance. It seems that the game is heavily relying on one CPU core which limits overall performance (it's not single-threaded as it can also use more than 6 CPU cores at times). Below is an example (GPU usage for the RTX3080 is only 77% at 4K/Ultra).

game_Release_2021_07_30_17_55_01_852-scaled.jpg

More screenshots (pay attention to CPU core 3, that's the one that is mainly used at all times) -> https://www.dsogaming.com/screensho...4k-ultra-settings-on-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080/
Do we think that the flight might be CPU heavy because of extra telemetry?

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
Yeah, this game isn't for me. I'll get it for the campaign and mini-games made in forge, but I much prefer Halo 5 over this.

I'll probably play splitgate for my competitive halo-like fix which are words I thought I'd never say.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I really really loved Halo 5s multi, this feels even better and snappier.

The bots are getting stomped at the mo, really excited to see it being turned up and the new map but even more so the pvp on Sunday.

If this is the tech test then I can't wait to see what the next few months bring till release.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I really like it, but Ive only played 4 matches so far. Do we know if we'll be able to play PvP or only bots in this test?

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
All I want to know is the game fun? Even in this tech build.
Yes!!!

Maybe the shotgun and pistol will grow on me but they seem like a step back.

The skewer is just an lol weapon. Completely useless in slayer. Mainly will only be used for BTB for vehicles.

Map design remains 343's weakness. This map isn't bad but it's just really bland.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Playing maxed out at 1440p and averaging 80 fps but something felt off. I thought it was the frame pacing until I realized disabling screen shake in settings does not affect the awful screen shake effect when sprinting. It makes the game feel like it's super choppy but when I'm not sprinting or I'm just fighting it's smooth as silk.

Dec 25, 2018
been enjoying it so far, will be interesting to see how things change when the bot difficulty goes up.

Also Lumu's voice line when getting a headshot with the Skewer weapon caught me off guard.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Feeling a little disappointed with the tech test but giving the benefit of the doubt with the build being a couple of months old.

Feels like a step back from 5 to me. Slower movement, less mobility, shakey motion. Weapon audio design is great though. Feels alot like 343 have listened predominantly to the vocal hardcore. I love me some old school Halo but I have old Halos already for that.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this game isn't for me. I'll get it for the campaign and mini-games made in forge, but I much prefer Halo 5 over this.

I'll probably play splitgate for my competitive halo-like fix which are words I thought I'd never say.
Maybe it's a good idea to wait until more modes are available.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
It is really a blast I had 3 games just right now and it just feels great, I had some technical issues with games not starting and all that but once you are in a match is just pure fun.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
When you guys say run at 60hz on PC to perform better do you just set your max framerste to 60 or physically change monitor refresh to 60?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
All I want to know is the game fun? Even in this tech build.

The bots are a little too easy to get a real feel for it, but honestly I'm very impressed for the most part. It's not a huge departure from Halo 5 in terms of feel, which is a good thing, but the renewed focus on power weapons and equipment is most welcome. I also love the new weapons, balancing issues aside (I think the bullfrog feels too weak, for example).

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll wait for an actual beta. I can't get past the bad performance on my PC to give a fair opinion on anything here

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
This game is EXTREMELY fun and so far looks GORGEOUS on Xbox Series X (better than on PC, Xbox One, Series S). Plays beautifully and feels great. I'm so impressed!

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Apologies if this has been answered already, but can anyone on console confirm that the controller can be fully customizable with custom mapping?

On H5 and MCC, I have to resort to the Accessories app to map the controls the way I need them. That makes normal menu navigation a pain in the ass.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
So is the vk78 commando some sort of weird replacement for the dmr because god I hope not. Love my dmr. I want to like the commando, but first impressions are meh.

Heatwave seems out of place in a 4v4 slayer match. I can see its uses in objective games for sure, but here it seems pretty worthless.

Also, anyone else getting hit with the needler but not realize you are taking hits until you are dead? I've died a few times to it and it just feels like the on screen information is lacking. I don't recognize the needles coming at me, and don't notice I'm accumulating needles until I'm already dead.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I've played for about a couple hours now.

For me, this game feels like a mesh of Halo Reach and Halo 5, which is alright. Gunplay is thight, abilities are not overpowered and the movement speed is great (love what they did to sprint, although I feel this will change).

Bots are way too easy right now, so I'm looking forward to the ODST level being added.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too late to get in

i tried signing up but they asked all these technical pc questions and i didnt have my pc at the time

Lpwnsome

Oct 30, 2017
Sooo... no de-scope in this game?? Or only certain weapons like the sniper? I have a hard time with this.. they made this mistake with Halo 4 and removed it in H5. Why would they add this back in after it was so broken and universally hated.

I just tested it and there is no descope on the pistol for example... This has the potentially to really drag the game down. On the pistol it's not so bad because the zoom is very low. It's definitely on some weapons like the sniper, but if it's not on the BR or other long range weapons that will feel really bad.

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
I have a Ryzen 7 3700 and 2070 Super, and I've been getting a consistent 73-78 fps within a match. Haven't experienced any drop-offs, and the only tweaks I made to the graphics were to remove the motion blur and increase the FOV. This is fine for a tech test

Overall this game is great, it's exactly what I wanted from a new Halo. The weapons look/sound great, combat is awesome, and the music is sick. The BR, the commando, the heatwave, melees, I love it all. This will likely be my GOTY

My biggest complaint is the controls: I know it's halo, but even with the deadzone's set to .5 and max sensitivity, the turn speed is very slow. Also, precision weapons feel awkward. It feels very difficult to move the sniper reticle over to someone's head if you're already close to the body, and the skewer feels cumbersome as well. When I play the MCC I can consistently go on headhunter sprees with the snipers, so something here is off with the controls. The automatic weapons don't have that issue for me

Mossiah

Aug 28, 2018
New York
Feeling a little disappointed with the tech test but giving the benefit of the doubt with the build being a couple of months old.

Feels like a step back from 5 to me. Slower movement, less mobility, shakey motion. Weapon audio design is great though. Feels alot like 343 have listened predominantly to the vocal hardcore. I love me some old school Halo but I have old Halos already for that.

While I've enjoyed myself, I feel the same way. The vocal iron-guard of Halo have definitely been taken into account but at the same time I really am interested to see where this game can evolve. It seems the game principles of Halo 3 and the slick modern paint of Halo 5 are precent but I'd love more wild cards. I enjoy the sprint system, we don't have movement values but it feels like you can cut corners and dodge some risky situations. I enjoy that, and it doesn't seem cheesy either, I hope movement is something that is a big focus. Getting into a flow-state and just hammering, while being able to use movement to your advantage around the map is my biggest takeaway from this tech test and I want even more of it.

pizzabutt

Apr 28, 2020
Sooo... no de-scope in this game?? Or only certain weapons like the sniper? I have a hard time with this.. they made this mistake with Halo 4 and removed it in H5. Why would they add this back in after it was so broken and universally hated.

I just tested it and there is no descope on the pistol for example...
Commando, BR, and Sniper and maybe the Skewer all descope when you're hit. Other weapons like don't

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis

I just tested it and there is no descope on the pistol for example... This has the potentially to really drag the game down. On the pistol it's not so bad because the zoom is very low. It's definitely on some weapons like the sniper, but if it's not on the BR or other long range weapons that will feel really bad.
cause scoping does not work the same in this game. H4 and H5 was an issue cause those scope actively affected weapon spread and mag. They dont in infinite

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
The game feels great on series x. Although I wonder how much of it is going against bots vs humans.