• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Waypoint finally let me sign in and while slow I seem to be able to navigate it, check messages, and insider stuff (not THAT insider stuff though!)

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This is so nostalgic.

Remember when the Halo 3 beta came out for Crackdown but it was broken until 12 am? I took a day off school for and all I got was me refreshing Neogaf for news.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
The context where you complain that 343i works in a timezone that isn't yours so their schedule doesn't line up 1:1 to yours so you feel slighted that you're not getting in at minute one to this preview?

Million miles away from what I said, but again it's not the end of the world. Just a little better communication would have been nice.

The words they used were "technical preview" but anyway, if a few people can't see the difference between bitching/complaining and being a little disappointed by the timings and comms, there's no point having the same discussion over and over again.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
This is so nostalgic.

Remember when the Halo 3 beta came out for Crackdown but it was broken until 12 am? I took a day off school for and all I got was me refreshing Neogaf for news.

Mhmm and they gave everyone Aegis Wing for free that day too. Lot of people playing that all day waiting haha.

ReDelicious

Oct 27, 2017
LTTP here, I got the email that I've been selected, will I get the key emailed to me once they get things running?

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Maybe I've outgrown Halo over the years, but these streams are rather boring to me. I'm still interested in the single player though.

Kydd BlaZe

Apr 17, 2018
Damn. Finished my homework for my online class and was hoping to jump into the Flight this afternoon. Oh well, I can chill out and watch the NBA draft tonight if things take a bit longer. All good…

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Some really weird takes here. This is a technical test. You are not entitled to have it be ready when you feel it is convenient for you.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hope the dev team isn't stressing too hard. I wasn't here for the MCC flights but it sounds to me like this is just the way these things go. At least most people in this thread are vibing :)

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I've got a feeling they'll extend the flight tomorrow after it's working for everyone. I'm not expecting it or anything, just have a feeling

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Well, thought I'd be able to play for one hour before going to bed (I'm in Europe), but that's not happening.

Enjoy, folks, I'll see you tomorrow on the battlefield.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Shame its not gonna happen tonight (in the UK at least) but these things happen. Hopefully will all be up and running over the weekend, can't wait to finally try it.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
That's why I said feels. Hopefully things pan out and there isn't crazy pressure to work 48 hours straight on a test.

I'm anxious for a chance or impressions. But trying to remain tempered.
Hmm, okay I feel ya on that.

I'd like to think that they more or less planned for stuff to go awry, and had staffing all prepared, rather than having to make hectic calls out to engineers.

Optimism!

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Brian the absolute legend with these live updates! Would be intense to see inside 343 right now. Stream that command centre on Twitch lol

Wait... are they all still working from home on this?

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
? It's normal work hours for them right now
But this whole topic is more than interesting. When preparing for a test like this, I think that the most important work should not be done in the last 12-24 hours, but everything should be ready 1-2 days before the test so that it can start without any problems.