• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
And they will run the technical test at times that work for the people running these tests. Obviously, they still have some things to work on behind the scenes.

The point is there are times that exist that would likely work for the ones running the test and work for the majority of the audience

They themselves suggested playing between 12 - 2 PM PDT, so maybe 12 PDT would not be a bad time...?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Managed to get logged into Waypoint, but nada.

KsUHw.png

Where can I find this?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Me yesterday: man I took extra hours this week and Ive been working hard so I'm really glad that this is gonna drop on my day off

Me today: man I'm glad I've got so much other shit to do today, may as well forget about Halo til Sunday

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
I just wish they would communicate with us and let us know. Very much expecting not to be able to play this until tomorrow.

klaus

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm I can see (old) messages on the Waypoint page again (they didn't appear before). Perhaps a good sign? 🤔

Edit: Aaaaand they're gone again lol

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
but when it's leading to people on the internet, not specifically here saying it's 343's fault and how much of a mess it is for not giving the codes yet is a bit much. Be hyped but people need to be resonable.
Expecting this to drop on the day it was announced is pretty reasonable to me. Especially considering that 343 didnt tell EU folks otherwise.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
bruhhh where are these codes at?

and this is to just download the game, can't imagine the downtime and server shenanigans once people do start getting in.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
As the owner of an Xbox One S for the foreseeable future and a PC with decent/modest specs for 2017, I'm pretty glad to see the game running on that old platform, can't wait to jump in.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm not expecting codes to go out for another 3-4 hours at the earliest going by the tone of that tweet thread from Ske7ch. Which is fine, we have days to play this, they also haven't promised a time or anything so.

Last edited:

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
The point is there are times that exist that would likely work for the ones running the test and work for the majority of the audience

They themselves suggested playing between 12 - 2 PM PDT, so maybe 12 PDT would not be a bad time...?

You do realize the test is open through Monday, right? It's going to available for as many primetime gaming hours in Europe as it is in North America.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's a bit embarrassing to see people get upset about this. It's a technical preview, not early access to a game you paid money for. If it comes online too late for you to test tonight, play tomorrow instead.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
You know what I'm gonna do today..?

Bitch and moan about a free to play insider alpha test that hasn't started the second I'm ready to play and then call the game and it's developers useless trash.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
but when it's leading to people on the internet, not specifically here saying it's 343's fault and how much of a mess it is for not giving the codes yet is a bit much. Be hyped but people need to be resonable.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. You can be hyped, but if you complain about stuff like not knowing the time a technical test goes live that's unreasonable

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Well I mean this is part of the process so they are learning something.

so did I read right we can only play against bots? Which I'm ok with I'm very rusty on halo

Nov 1, 2017
I blame all the game companies that have thrown out game demos marketed as betas for people's unrealistic expectations of what this Halo weekend is all about. A lot of people have no idea what a legitimate alpha\beta\technical preview is. The fact that you get to play Halo for the first time is completely secondary to all the testing and behind the scenes stuff that this is for, including the mass rollout of codes etc. Halo Waypoint going down is a "good" thing. This is the shit they want to catch now instead of at launch. But try telling the children on Twitter that.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017

12 PDT yes, Fri-Sun. They never said 12 for Thursday
  • Thursday, July 29: Tech preview is officially live! Go wild, Spartans.
  • Friday, July 30 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT
  • Saturday, July 31 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT
  • Sunday, August 1 Scheduled Play Times: 12-2 PM PT, 7-9 PM PT
  • Monday, August 2: Tech preview closes at 10 AM PT

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
so did I read right we can only play against bots?

This flight is primarily a bot test. There may be 4v4 with all players later in the test though.

I suggest heavily managing expectations. I don't have inside knowledge either way, but I do not expect to see PvP going live this testing round, unless the entire rest of the beta period kicks off without a single networking hitch. The last thing they want is a mob of fans complaining that their sliver of PvP testing hope was blown up by crappy matchmaking. More tests to come after this one, either way.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I was basically expecting that I wouldn't be playing this til tomorrow anyway (UK here), so I guess I'll just crack on with Scarlet Nexus tonight and then check my messages in the morning. I'm excited, but eh, it is what it is. I've waited this long, I can wait til the morning.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
You do realize the test is open through Monday, right? It's going to available for as many primetime gaming hours in Europe as it is in North America.

Until 10am PST which is 6pm BST, but that's not really the point. They said it was going live Thursday 29th July, so it was a fair assumption that we would be able to play today I think. But it turns out for the majority of the world that's not the case.

It's not the end of the world. I've got no interest in bitching or complaining, it just would have been nice to have a little better communication so people can do other things with their time.