• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I mean, one thing that would help is just saying if Xbox guys will get it over the Insider app or not.
And *poof* 50k less people trying to login into the website.

But that's just my crazy thought. 🤷‍♂️

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
Yeah. Some devs still make games worth paying for, a foreign concept for 343.

jagsfan.gif

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I can't even log in to Waypoint, just says authentication error.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I know the rational thing would be to stop trying, let the servers recover, and try logging in later when things stabilize...

But I'm-

A) An idiot
B) Way too excited for this
C) Not wanting to get left behind

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that you don't have to respond to trolls and you can just put them on ignore.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Your not even seeing the whole picture here.
An US based start date there on afternoon or evening means in the middle of the night here in Europe.
What that also means is that the beta ends on an Sunday evening based on US time, which again is Monday Night/Morning here.
Now, do you remember what they were planning to do in the last few hours of the beta? Which, again, will be in the middle of the night in Europe? Open 4vs4 pvp slayer matches.

A big fat "fuck you" to the Euro audience.

Wow. A lot of game's beta or event times are based on HQ location. SoT special event run on BST. So if it ends midnight BST, that is like 4-6PM in the US. It's not worth whining over. It's the world we live in now.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Even though 343 clearly said "sometime after 12 pacific" and never promised a specific start time, edge lords are swarming to harass the 343 community people on twitter. Sigh.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
It's 9pm in Eastern Europe so it's not Midnight. Midnight is in Moscow Russia for example.

Anyhow... they probably have a number of insiders they invited. How the hell they could not expect this to happen?

Or why didn't distribute keys during the day? Putting the live build on the servers to be downloaded is one thing but I think giving keys is totally different.

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
I'm guessing the codes are actually gonna go out at 2pm pst. I was able to log in to waypoint and I had no messages. Idk why they said 12pm PST.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Bro... why couldn't they just e-mail people codes like normal.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Looks like it has a higher ROF than the H5 Magnum though? I'm all for the pistol being scaled back from H5.

Yea the rate of fire is extremely fast compared to the H5 Magnum. One of the kills in the technical preview was super fast; on first glance the potential ttk seems way faster than the AR. But semi auto + only 12 rounds means it's not forgiving and can't get you 2 full kills without a reload. Which gives it a great place in the sandbox as a secondary weapon to either start with or quickly switch to...thus the name sidekick haha.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Yea the rate of fire is extremely fast compared to the H5 Magnum. One of the kills in the technical preview was super fast; on first glance the potential ttk seems way faster than the AR. But semi auto + only 12 rounds means it's not forgiving and can't get you 2 full kills without a reload. Which gives it a great place in the sandbox as a secondary weapon to either start with or switch to...thus the name sidekick haha.
Said it perfectly- on paper it sounds pretty good.