• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've got a critic they maybe hopefully change in campaign expansions or maybe it's in the game at some point but can we actually jump off high things and not see it as a cinematic all the time, maybe it's a hard thing to make and play test but I would like to make the timely jump and skydive into a pelican etc. While we can do cool stuff like hijacking a banshee in mid air, you tend to take some could be in game moments away from the player, I get some are elevated with the music, cut scene, that's fine but there has been a few occasions in previous games were I've wanted control for a bit.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
To be fair it wasn't so much that he recognized the MJOLNIR armor itself but rather could tell that it was Power Armor and then could further tell from that what grade it would be if compared to Forerunners own.

Honestly though Guilty Sparks had probably the biggest glow up in the EU by them actually giving him history and making him more than just a plot device into an actual characters with an arc and such. Still need to read Kelly Gay's novels that feature him since they're universally praised as being some of the best Halo novels thus far.
Maybe Swole GS will finally meet MC again.
300px-HR_Spark.PNG
In my list of Halo spinoffs no one else actually wants, alongside a grunt-only Battle Royale, I have wanted an open-universe semi-procedural space mercenary game a la Mechwarrior 5 or even like Elite, that follows the story of Rion Forge, Ace of Spades, and Spark. I've never read any of the books lol, just spent way too much time on the internet consuming EU content via 3rd party sources LOLLL. I know that story is now in a place where this doesn't make sense (they've split up, right?). So, all the details are sadly now probably accounted for fully. But, it would have been so cool to kinda scrape along trying to make ends meet while looking for more info, discover spark, get some of that whole conflict, limp along some more, then get the insane ship upgrade, and then discover more about the Spirit of Fire, maybe.

I mean, really, there are multiple points along that journey you could jump in on, probably. Even if it's all before we meet Spark, or it's that interstitial where Rion disappears, or now after Spark is gone, or whatever. But. Oh well.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I am really unsure about the grappling hook. It felt okay to use in the MP test, but it didn't feel any better than any other grappling hook I've used (e.g. Battlefield 2042 or Titanfall 2). It wasn't bad either.

I think it will add a little extra to the combat sandbox, but I'm not sure how much usage it will get in campaign, or in multiplayer (as a pickup). But my biggest issue with it, is how weak it looks/feels when using it against an enemy. They showed a few grapple > melee combos and it just felt flat. Would have been nice to see a different melee animation with a little more impact I guess.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis

I know some are worried about the Bases and such, but I think Haruspis does put a healthy point of view on it. Of course it could still end up not working, but its some good encite on open world design and why Halo can work.

I am really unsure about the grappling hook. It felt okay to use in the MP test, but it didn't feel any better than any other grappling hook I've used (e.g. Battlefield 2042 or Titanfall 2). It wasn't bad either.

I think it will add a little extra to the combat sandbox, but I'm not sure how much usage it will get in campaign, or in multiplayer (as a pickup). But my biggest issue with it, is how weak it looks/feels when using it against an enemy. They showed a few grapple > melee combos and it just felt flat. Would have been nice to see a different melee animation with a little more impact I guess.

It will get a ton as it has a wide variety of use options. Sure it can be used for traversal, but its also an active ability that easily flows into a combat flow. Whether that be traversal, boarding vehicles, escaping, stunning enemies, closing a gap, grabbing weapons etc. The variety of use for it will easily make it a core ability many players will use.

This extends for multiplayer as the grapple felt great to use once you got the range of it dialed in. The traversal and combat counters it allows for, were both flashy and fun imo

Plax

Nov 23, 2019

I know some are worried about the Bases and such, but I think Haruspis does put a healthy point of view on it. Of course it could still end up not working, but its some good encite on open world design and why Halo can work.

It will get a ton as it has a wide variety of use options. Sure it can be used for traversal, but its also an active ability that easily flows into a combat flow. Whether that be traversal, boarding vehicles, escaping, stunning enemies, closing a gap, grabbing weapons etc. The variety of use for it will easily make it a core ability many players will use.

This extends for multiplayer as the grapple felt great to use once you got the range of it dialed in. The traversal and combat counters it allows for, were both flashy and fun imo

Does it actually stun enemies? I guess that's what I'm not sure on. It feels a bit floaty to use and the melee animation leads me to believe that you're closing the gap to drop a standard punch.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Does it actually stun enemies? I guess that's what I'm not sure on. It feels a bit floaty to use and the melee animation leads me to believe that you're closing the gap to drop a standard punch.

the base grapple does not, but the overview directly shows an upgrade to it that puts an electric current in it that stuns the brutes. You can use it to close the gap for a punch or sword kill sure, but you can also cancel mid grapple so you could actually grapple enemies as ways to just traverse or do other things.

I assume you mean floaty cause its momentum/physics-based. Aka you do not just go in a straight line (you can). You can manipulate your direction and speed with where you look and when you grapple/de-grapple and curve you way around things. As an example, say there is a platform above you and that leads into a door way. You cant grapple into the door way but you can grapple an enemy by it. If you look a direction while moving forward when you grapple, you could whip yourself around into that door way you could not get to prior without taking a longer amount of time. Its def more in line with titanfall 2's grapple then say pathfinder (if you know the difference as I dont know your experience in other games lol)

These are some really simple ways to use it in more creative ways

Obviously these are multiplayer and are relatively basic, but you can do the same thing when attaching to enemies, so want to get around a group, use the grapple to propel yourself around them, not just towards them

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta be honest, the UI team failed massively and I only want to see how they fix the HUD and the crap battle pass and armor hall UI.

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else irrationally annoyed by the inclusion of the grapple hook in this scene?

Like I want to admire Chief's armour in all its glory, but every time the wibbly-wobbly movement of the grapple hook hijacks my eye's attention.

c0FKZC4.gif

We are in pretty damn good shape when this is my main concern from 6 minutes of footage.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else irrationally annoyed by the inclusion of the grapple hook in this scene?

Like I want to admire Chief's armour in all its glory, but every time the wibbly-wobbly movement of the grapple hook hijacks my eye's attention.

c0FKZC4.gif

We are in pretty damn good shape when this is my main concern from 6 minutes of footage.
Dat jingle on those pure muscle thunder thighs

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
It seems that "Project Lumu" code (Lumu = one of the Halo Infinite Personal AIs = Halo Infinite?) arrived to reviewers and streamers:

Halo Infinite first previews (and GOLD phase) coming soon?

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Oh boy

If that gives early access to the multiplayer too, I will absolutely not be able to resist

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
I'd hope that with the limited console & gamepass ultimate I might get early access.

Has any of the devs acknowledged the lack of blood yet?

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
If anyone has ideas for OT title suggestions for Halo Infinite, I'm open to everyone's ideas and will be putting them all into a poll for people to vote on next week:

2jlEzkC.png

I've done a similar thing for some of my other OTs such as Marvel's Avengers, The Outer Worlds and Anthem to great success, with some amazing titles winning the polls.

I've been cooking up the Halo Infinite OT since last year as I had a ton of ideas and early concepts ready for it when the delay was announced. Ever since we got a firm release date of December 8th, it has been all hands on for me - writing and designing the OT. There are animations, gifs, in-universe inspired designs and a lot more to look forward to and yes, there will be a text only version of the OT for those not into the flashy graphics.

So, from now (30th October) until next Sunday (7th November) I am taking suggestions for the OT's title, that will be formatted as such: Halo Infinite |OT| <TITLE>

For example: Halo Infinite |OT| Set a fire in your heart, Spartan!

So @ me, iFirez, in this thread or in one of the currently active Halo Infinite discussion threads with your title suggestions and I'll compile all of them into a poll in just over a weeks time (so look out for that post WC/8thNov to get your vote in).

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Halo |OT| it's Infinite

Alternatively,

Halo Infinite |OT| it's Finished

Last edited: