• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Going from the Final Hours interview, it sounds like the reason we don't have HL3 yet is because everyone at Valve is terrified of making it through fear of not living up to expectations, surely this is a test run to see how well they can pull of a HL experience before going completely in on a sequel.

I'm much more optimistic about HL3 after this.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Proper 3D movement is one of the most exciting things about this project for me, it kinda bums me out that most VR games seem to be based on teleportation

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'm disappointed that this is a VR only release (and I don't own a VR setup), there's no way I can deny how HUGE this is for the future of the platform. This will sell a gobsmacking amount of hardware. Hopefully it's truly the killer app VR needs. I suspect it will be.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
For everyone pointing out the disconnected hands, it's far more jarring in a 2D space like a video vs. when you're actually immersed in the VR experience. I never noticed them when actually in-game and it's something I'd be sensitive to.

If immersion is as big of a deal as VR evangelists say it is, I feel like it'd be a big deal that I'd suddenly be missing my forearms.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh manuel reloading of individual bullets is blowing my fucking mind

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
Looks absolutely tremendous. I dove into VR this summer for DCS World and iRacing and it's been one of my best purchases. This will be icing on the cake.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
VR only?

Way to alienate those who can't afford a VR headset and machine that can run it 👌🏾

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Dr Freemannnnn

Give us more on G-Man, and the universe Illuminati organization he works for

-G-Man-half-life-38220423-800-1131.jpg

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Already have a Vive, might be too early for me to invest in a whole new system but the Index Controllers look like an insta buy now.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Can't play this because of motion sickness, wish I could though. Looks amazing. And 2020 keeps on getting more insane.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Going from the Final Hours interview, it sounds like the reason we don't have HL3 yet is because everyone at Valve is terrified of making it through fear of not living up to expectations, surely this is a test run to see how well they can pull of a HL experience before going completely in on a sequel.

I'm much more optimistic about HL3 after this.

Other studios are out here taking existing IPs to new levels (like God of War) and executing on sequels (RDR2, Last of Us 2 most likely). I think they are hung up on it needing some sort of 'gimmick' that pushes the genre forward. Also, they don't need the money from a HL3 release the same way other studios would need to capitalize on a big sequel.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Geoff goes on to say it feels a "bridge to more Half Life" (his reasoning being all the asset and tech work etc) and Valve guys essentially say we'll wait and see how this shakes out before talking about other games/platforms. Pretty standard stuff.

chrono321

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Fuck, I have a serious problem with motion sickness! Can't even watch this epic trailer without my stomach starting to turn... I feel old... so sad!

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Want to know how you move VR hardware? This is how you move VR hardware.

Now to save up for that Index...

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Correct

This absolutely is the best-looking VR game I've seen and I'm super curious to learn of the specs needed to run this beaut
Hmm I doubt I'll have a new PC build by March unless Cyberpunk truly convinces me to go the PC route. I would love to know the specs and average price of a build to run this game at great settings.

#StadiaSaveMe