• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that once people get used to pretty graphics and great rollback, they'll start giving them shit for what they're doing to the game.

And also stop having just one "game system" option in the survey.

Have a full fucking survey about gameplay maybe ? What the fuck are they doing ?

Ask about combo length, damage, wall break, blockstrings etc... and people can rate each one individually.
People got used to pretty graphics for about a year now across 3 betas, and most seem to like what they play, seeing the overall reception and the survey results, they wouldn't suddenly change their mind now, or in the future.
Other games got similar criticism in the beginning but people got to play them for years and like it just fine.
They can do dedicated surveys for game systems and most people would just rate all the game systems as great anyway

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do we know if this is the final launch version people are playing or is there going to be a Day 1 patch?

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
If you have time to spare you can watch this to get up to speed to Xrd (still missing Rev2) and then watch Rev2 story mode on youtube

I think the game has a recap but I don't know how extensive it is

This is a perfect time to jump in. Gameplay is more accessible than ever and there's an extensive glossary to explain just about everything about the world and lore.

Thank y'all!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
People got used to pretty graphics for about a year now across 3 betas, and most seem to like what they play, seeing the overall reception and the survey results, they wouldn't suddenly change their mind now, or in the future.
Other games got similar criticism in the beginning but people got to play them for years and like it just fine.
They can do dedicated surveys for game systems and most people would just rate all the game systems as great anyway

Mmmhhh

No.

SFV was dogshit. They improved it over time. It's nothing like the game it used to be. It's not that people "get used to it", it's that it improves based on feedback ...

For GG, they said themselves that the last beta had mixed feedback.

Also it's preposterous to think people would think everything is great if they were given a choice to be more specific. Being positive for the game means you're not gonna rate a single question about game system badly.

But more importantly each Beta was different, several people that enjoyed Beta 1 (me included) did not enjoy Beta 3 whatsoever.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
God I'm fucking hyped for this tonight holy shit! I really can't wait to dig in and I don't even know what I want to do first.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 patch launched in the early morning. This is pretty much the full game.

Which is so weird because considering the interview this just seems way too close to the 2nd open beta. They talked up feedback in regards to the air movement and in general how they made more drastic changes on purpose they didn't really intend anyway and all that and yet the full game is so close to that beta.

Oct 25, 2017
Which is so weird because considering the interview this just seems way too close to the 2nd open beta. They talked up feedback in regards to the air movement and how they made more drastic changes on purpose they didn'g really intend to include in the full game anyway and all that and yet the full game is so close to the beta.
It definitely sounded as if we may see another significant patch very shortly after launch. Idk how they had a beta 4 weeks before launch and expected to be able to act on feedback in time for launch.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is online play available in early access? I thought it was just offline stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Is online play available in early access? I thought it was just offline stuff.
Pre-delay, early access was supposed to just be all offline modes, chapter 1 of story, and 13 characters, but after the delay they pretty much made early access the full game. I don't think there's any difference between this and full launch other than who can play.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-delay, early access was supposed to just be all offline modes, chapter 1 of story, and 13 characters, but after the delay they pretty much made early access the full game. I don't think there's any difference between this and full launch other than who can play.
Servers are available but people are still getting to grips with the game right now. I imagine the JP players will really kick things up tomorrow.

Word. I saw somebody playing online and wasn't sure if they were just reviewing old footage.

Hype for tonight!

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Hahahahaha

Like we have been saying, there are no IK.
im_shocked.gif

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something QisTopTier

Meterless Ky

- Can not use any special move on block because they're all stupidly unsafe, including S stun edge

- His normals are also terrible on block, mainly his 2D which is one of his go to tools

- His plus kick is 26 frames start up (!!!) and can be mashed on reaction by everybody

- You can react and punish Foudre Arc

- Shock State concept is completely nullified by not being able to use specials on block, and Dire Eclat in a combo has even more pushback (!) which puts Ky and opponent at the extremities of the screen

- Probably has the single worst meterless conversions in the game right now

- STUN EDGE NEGATIVE ON HIT AND LEADING TO DEADLY COUNTER

Incredible

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Zato's theme is the biggest surprise. Was super bland and by far the weakest preview but the full theme is very good.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Am I missing something QisTopTier

Meterless Ky

- Can not use any special move on block because they're all stupidly unsafe, including S stun edge

- His normals are also terrible on block, mainly his 2D which is one of his go to tools

- His plus kick is 26 frames start up (!!!) and can be mashed on reaction by everybody

- You can react and punish Foudre Arc

- Shock State concept is completely nullified by not being able to use specials on block, and Dire Eclat in a combo has even more pushback (!) which puts Ky and opponent at the extremities of the screen

- Probably has the single worst meterless conversions in the game right now

- STUN EDGE NEGATIVE ON HIT AND LEADING TO DEADLY COUNTER

Incredible
No

Ky is actually worse than ggx1 ky somehow

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ky's balancing seems all out of wack. Like, he's hilariously undertuned.