• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The expanded glossary is fucking cool. You might not even need Youtube recaps anymore, lol.

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
You need backend infrastructure that can be used on multiple platforms which AWS allows. Additionally, Amazon has a service called GameLift which includes crossplay as a feature.

Yup, using AWS is a smart move by ArcSys, allows for much easier implementation of Crossplay between PC and Console in the future. 😍

nss

Apr 10, 2018
I think you'd enjoy this GG. It's the perfect jump in point for someone that is excited to learn a new fighting game. Compared to older games in the series Strive is a lot easier to get into I'd say.

It seems like the game will have decent Tutorials / trials built in from the short preview we saw. And, of course this thread will be the place to be if you have questions / also looking for links to tech.
I think this is the best time to jump in. A lot of other news players seem to be highly interested as well so you'll be playing with everyone learning together. The tutorials in the last few ggs have been great and after playing the beta for Strive I can say with confidence that this game is very new comer friendly.
Strive is even easier than the Xrd games were, which were already easier than BlazBlue at this point (didn't lead people to quit perceiving GG to be harder than other games back with Xrd, though). Most players have found the tutorials in recent GG games to be helpful.

Thanks y'all. Gonna grab it at launch. Stoked!

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
So I know nothing about this franchise but am interested in this for purely aesthetic reasons. Would I feel lost if I started with this entry, or is there an earlier game that I should start with to get into the franchise?

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
So I know nothing about this franchise but am interested in this for purely aesthetic reasons. Would I feel lost if I started with this entry, or is there an earlier game that I should start with to get into the franchise?
If you have time to spare you can watch this to get up to speed to Xrd (still missing Rev2) and then watch Rev2 story mode on youtube

I think the game has a recap but I don't know how extensive it is

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is a perfect time to jump in. Gameplay is more accessible than ever and there's an extensive glossary to explain just about everything about the world and lore.

Oct 25, 2017
I-No's not the arcade final boss apparently, she's just a normal character that you randomly fight like any other.

nomemorial

Oct 27, 2017
Finally placed my digital deluxe pre-order yesterday. Got some free time this week and wanna get in as early as possible as this is the singular game that made me want to start playing fighters consistently. I always get frustrated by bad netcode so this having rollback will hopefully be the kicker to keep me on board.

That being said, they have none of my mains from prior games (Bridget, Dizzy, Elphelt) so I'm really not sure who I'll land on. Maybe leaning towards Millia this time around as I've liked her play style in previous games.

Oct 25, 2017
The theme for Dramatic Battle is thrash af, hits hard! Might be better than any of the character themes.

Edit: Seems like no final boss? Last fight was Dramatic Battle vs Nago (probably random opponent). Arcade mode just... ends, like T7 or SCVI.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
I-No's not the arcade final boss apparently, she's just a normal character that you randomly fight like any other.
If it was like Xrd Rev arcade mode, the final boss will just be different based on the character you pick, there is no fixed final boss for all of them.
Sign was different, Ramlethal was the final boss in arcade mode there.

So... i didn't watch streams -not spoiling for myself- but I-No could still be possible for a final boss still for example, depending on who you pick.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have versus themes? I need to get in on these streams for the music alone.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit Ky's theme hits hard af. The solo is insane and the verse is actually pretty good. Intro has Holy Orders vibes.

who will be the first character for july? Any bet?
Consensus is Happy Chaos (blue dude from trailers) because he's the only non-playable character heavily featured in trailers outside of Asuka and JackO/Aria.

Naito

Oct 25, 2017
Echoing the disappointed sentiment of PC/Steam players as well :/

But I decided to cave in anyway and got the deluxe edition: have been a huge fan of the visuals since ever and owned the first GG on PS1.
I main Chipp, time to put 200% more effort in bringing home certain matches 👀

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on when third parties like CDKeys and GreenManGaming should be getting Strive keys? Wondering if it's around the time preload starts on PS4 (on the 9th).