• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

ENQh56TXsAAfi9_.png

He also confirmed that he won't be in GTA VI and that if CJ returns, he will be voiced another actor. After he raged at Rockstar, GTA fans responded to him back badly and he fought against them. He was pretty angry. It seems like Rockstar disrespected him pretty badly.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Was he in GTAV somewhere? I thought IV and V were a seperate universe from the PS2 games?

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
He was angry at Niko's voice actor for criticising Rockstar but now he doesn't care because he exposed the truth? What exactly did Rockstar do to him AFTER GTAIV came out?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Anyone else think it's weird that now 3 Rockstar protagonist voice actors hate them? First the voice actor for Tommy in Vice City then Niko Bellic's and now CJ's.

What is Rockstar doing to them? I wonder.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
But was angry at Niko's voice actor but criticising Rockstar but now he doesn't care because he exposed the truth? What exactly did Rockstar do to him AFTER GTAIV came out?

Niko's voice actor said he wasn't paid properly considering what a hit GTA IV was.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess Rockstar is resisting paying it's voice actors residuals and stuff even when the games are released and that's his beef.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
It's obviously monetary. Nico's actor was mad at them for the same reason. They paid him peanuts compared to the hundreds of millions they made off the game, and the voice actors don't get any residuals. It sucks, but also the actors signed the contracts

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
It's obviously monetary. Nico's actor was mad at them for the same reason. They paid him peanuts compared to the hundreds of millions they made off the game, and the voice actors don't get any residuals. It sucks, but also the actors signed the contracts
And I imagine R*'s position is that these games are going to be massive hits whoever they have providing the voices.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Did he always hate them or did something just happen to cause him to hate them?
Don't think he always hated them since he admitted to wanting to beat up another voice actor in the series from a game that came after his.

it wouldn't be the end of the world if someone else played CJ.

Thought they were going out of the country with the next one. London no? Or am i thinking of a different series.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I know people that told me they'd rather be homeless than work for Rockstar San Diego ever again.
The company doesn't have a good track record of treating employees well. Granted, SD was the Midnight Club team, not GTA, and VAs are under different contracts, but it seems to be in line with this.
Reading the article about how they hired him and made him work long hours, it's clear he wasn't a regular voice actor, so he probably didn't know how badly he got screwed on rates.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I probably should ask this guy – whose name I never heard before despite having played the shit out of San Andreas back then – if he reprise his role as CJ just to piss him off. And of course if he's "street" enough to accept the fact that maybe or perhaps no one knows him for any other role than for San Andreas.

EDIT: Okay guys, after some reflection, I'm sorry. I tend to react or interact the same way people react (there is a saying for this in my language but I don't think it translates well). I felt his tweets and reactions to sincere people asking him what the problem is to be pretty shitty so I wanted to respond in the same way because I felt that's what he actually wants (being mad at anything even at genuine questions). I know that this doesn't contribute more to any discussion like "yikes" or anything else without substance. Therefore I apologize for my cynical post. I don't follow him on social media so I obviously won't ask him really just to piss him off, although this was honestly first thought. The mentioned intention wasn't real, though.

Last edited:

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I know people that told me they'd rather be homeless than work for Rockstar San Diego ever again.
The company doesn't have a good track record of treating employees well. Granted, SD was the Midnight Club team, not GTA, and VAs are under different contracts, but it seems to be in line with this.
Reading the article about how they hired him and made him work long hours, it's clear he wasn't a regular voice actor, so he probably didn't know how badly he got screwed on rates.
I mean time and time again we here about how R* sucks lol. Where there is smoke there is fire

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah it probably sucks to see how much the games make and how much you earn compared.

I feel like I recall something similar with John Marston's VO but clearly that was sorted as he was in RDR2.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I wonder of they sign some contract the forbidden than to work in any other videogame over the penalty of paying millions pf dollars for rockstar.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
knowing rockstar, if they really wanted to include cj, they'd just get another dude to do the voice

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Anyone else think it's weird that now 3 Rockstar protagonist voice actors hate them? First the voice actor for Tommy in Vice City then Niko Bellic's and now CJ's.

What is Rockstar doing to them? I wonder.

Rockstar have been open that Ray Liotta was an Unprofessional prick for Vice City and vowed never to work with celebrities again. On the flip side you always see positive comments and reactions from the GTAV and RDR2 cast members.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I probably should ask this guy – whose name I never heard before despite having played the shit out of San Andreas back then – if he reprise his role as CJ just to piss him off. And of course if he's "street" enough to accept the fact that maybe or perhaps no one knows him for any other role than for San Andreas.

What a stupid post.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
uhh ok.. seems like a recent thing, considsring his insta feeds full of gta stuff. Opening with how he'd have beaten up Niko's actor is very.... interesting.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Considering how many times they've re-released the game, especially just to remove music, I wonder at what point they stopped paying him royalties, if they ever did. All it would take is a small title change to be lawyer-ish enough to justify.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

"street" enough?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Jeeze do take this guys side too hard or anything.

It was the same with rockstar crunch on rdr2...

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

Hrmmm methinks this one might be a little racist.