• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Although I do still think that the game is more likely to come out in 2022, it will be funny if it was unveiled at TGAs, to take the attention away from the potential competitor--Cyberpunk. That would be kind of smart.

markavacado

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't read through the thread so this has probably been answered, but isn't this just the tease for the new heist coming out?

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Vice City would be the most disappointing answer. They really need something new. I haven't waited this long just for Vice City again.

They could do Vice City and Havana, Cuba. That would be my dream scenario. Miami and the outskirts and everglades on one side and the vastly different looking and feeling Havana on the other side. No barriers between the two, you can just hop on a plane or boat and fly and drive between the two locations without any loading screens. Imagine a Next Gen Cuba in the hands of Rockstar. Shit would look and feel incredible. Could make for a nice story as well. Two characters, one from Miami one from Havana.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City would be the most disappointing answer. They really need something new. I haven't waited this long just for Vice City again.

I felt like this until I thought about rural Florida. The everglades in particular would be so cool. Flying around on airboats, doing missions for extreme Florida rednecks.

The Vice City we've seen was Scarface-era Miami. The Vice City we might get is "Florida Man".

username.ymt

Nov 15, 2017
A much less sexy, yet sadly plausible explanation is the following :

screenshot_13bkpd.png

The coords in the teaser simply correspond to a location on the new landmass, placed under the ground, similar to many other GTA Online locations.

If this is the case, it would naturally also mean limited movement on the z-axis in the DLC.
The skies above the island could be a skybox, and all arrivals/departures from the island could be restricted
to scripted usage of the submarine.

Finally, the plane in the teaser, could easily have been implemented as a relatively straight-forward CscenarioPoint chain, or even less exciting, a supplementary .ysc game script event.

Hopefull I am 100% wrong, and the island is fully traversable, with the player being able to both walk,drive or fly across it.

Ockui

Oct 28, 2017
What are the chances of multiple playable characters like V? Really interested in what that might look like on next gem systems.

King of Cups

Oct 27, 2017
I do think we're close to a GTA VI reveal, but I don't think it'll happen this year. My guess is that'll happen early next year with a release late 2021 or early 2022.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know that GTA is meant to be a comment on our (pop) culture etc - but id still love to see them do a sci fi/futuristic setting.

We don't have enough sci fi settings in our open world games these days

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Would like to get back into GTA. Can we have one protag and not make them a piece of shit please? Like rough is fine, just not a piece of shit that I couldn't care less for would be nice.

Kiryani

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
I am categorically not ready for a long GTA6 hype train. I don't think I'll survive it.

E-bite

Oct 24, 2018
Did they release the next-gen patch yet? I doubt they would announce any new games before launching the PS5/XS update.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
It's just confirmation that GTA V will be on PS VI

I fucking wish we get GTA VI. It's been way too long

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
I'm hoping GTA VI is not set in the US...hoping for GTA: London

I have no chance of this happening

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I never played GTAIV before lmao so I really shouldn't be acting so surprised that somebody didn't play GTAV
I said Toronto because Toronto is cool to say and because the guy I quoted has a Toronto Raptors avatar. You asked how my logic works and you got it, sir!
Oh I thought you said it because it would be GTA: GTA.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
About time. They're a year late.

You haven't played GTAV or even W3???? What in the world???? I only played Fallout 4 for a few minutes before I dropped it lol

Lmao oh stop it!!! You're joking now lmao

I've played none of those either. I could list the AA/AAA games I've played this gen on maybe one hand.