• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think once PSVR2 comes out, if indeed GT7 supports it fully in all game modes, I don't really care about any mode but whatever the VR mode is like.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
GT7 has dynamic time progression and weather changing now, so I'm wondering how they were doing this while looking as good as GT Sport's static baked GI lightmaps.
You can blend or switch between lightmaps- maybe this is much easier with the SSD?- You could switch it out whilst driving through a tunnel where lighting and weather conditions are mostly static

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Never expected RT with 60 FPS, these consoles are not powerful enough. I'll just play with 60 FPS and no RT, good baked in reflections would suffice for me.

30 FPS with RT is neat to have as an option.

40 FPS with some RT would be interesting like R&C, hope they can do something like that.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
honestl, i think both modes will be 60 fps, but one might have potential drops. I am pretty sure GT Sport also had 2 modes on PS4 pro and they were both targeting 60

30fps for GT would be fuckin weird given them doing 60 since the ps2 days

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Might be a translation error but we def will find out today what's up.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Just give me 1080P and 120 FPS.

I don't care about reflections in a racing game.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Honestly think it'd be something most people wouldn't even notice when you're actually in a race.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Would assume they would drop resolution before frame rate for any potential ray-tracing mode during gameplay if that even happens and this isn't just a miss-quote about what we already know (ray-tracing in replays and such)...

Guess we will find out in a bit.

Snagglepop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow they really are releasing the gt7 with no new brand tracks to series if the preview is accurate

this is insane

just one more old track to reveal for the 34 which was teased in one of those short trails apricot hill

game will probably have lots of premium dlc to make up for the scrapping of the gt sports dlc volume packs due to its early backlash

from the gt sport dlc folder
update_car_image_0v4jjt.png

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Never expected RT with 60 FPS, these consoles are not powerful enough. I'll just play with 60 FPS and no RT, good baked in reflections would suffice for me.

30 FPS with RT is neat to have as an option.

40 FPS with some RT would be interesting like R&C, hope they can do something like that.
Depends on the game, engine and developer. There are 60FPS RT games out in the wild for the current gen consoles. Doesn't mean GT7 would look the same as it does right now with RT at 60FPS during gameplay. But it's never entirely a hardware question. You could make a game on PS8 that's to demanding to have RT while running with 60FPS.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Ignoring the games that do RT @ 60fps on consoles, it's probably particularly hard for a racing game.

Depends on the game, engine and developer. There are 60FPS RT games out in the wild for the current gen consoles. Doesn't mean GT7 would look the same as it does right now with RT at 60FPS during gameplay. But it's never entirely a hardware question. You could make a game on PS8 that's to demanding to have RT while running with 60FPS.

Lol I forgot a thing to add "4k 60fps and RT" So maybe they can add a 4K 40 FPS RT like R&C

Yea 60 fps RT is possible :P

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I hope there's a ray-tracing mode for the whole game, but this is probably for replays only.

Still, wishful thinking, maybe there's an 8k mode in there. Wasn't GT Sport shown in 8k somewhere? Or a 1080p/120fps option.

Can't wait for the SOP for answers!

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon 5 is a very good experience at 30.
Forza Horizon 5 has one of the best and smoothest 30fps modes in racing games, but still not comparable to 60fps.
Just play the game in 60fps for a few days and then change it to 30fps, the game will be so slow that you'll think it's broken! I did that and played FH5 in 30fps for 2,3 days and then 60fps and the difference was unbelievable.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Uh oh...... "Performance Mode" doesn't sound like "this is our standard setting at 4K" it sounds like "yes we have 60 fps, like you all wished..... Just goes down to 1080p then" or something like this.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Uh oh...... "Performance Mode" doesn't sound like "this is our standard setting at 4K" it sounds like "yes we have 60 fps, like you all wished..... Just goes down to 1080p then" or something like this.
I wouldn't read to much into it just yet. Could be a translation error. Remember this got translated by translater-san from japanese to english and then from the outlet into their language. After that someone or google translated it back into english.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Slightly Off topic. I can't wait for today SoP and the DF analysis for the PS4 vs PS5.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
If this information is not straight from the source (Polyphony), I don't believe it. Journalists often get information like this wrong.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wat. The baseline for every mode in this game better be 60fps.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Few GT games hit a locked 60 fps in every scenario, so the comments on performance mode aiming for 60 fps shouldn't really concern anyone. I'm sure it'll be great, even if it drops into the 50s at times with a full grid of cars at the start of a race. As to what cap RT mode is using... hard to guess. I don't think Polyphony are scared of running with an unlocked framerate. They've certainly offered modes that did that in the past.

I wish Sony would hurry up and deliver on the VRR promise though.

imapioneer

Oct 27, 2017
Very interesting, so raytraced lighting and reflections? 30fps mode isn't too bad then considering.