• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Yeah DF will tell us actual native framerate and probably analyze it to the PC version as far as what "settings" are on. I imagine someone will figure the framerate out fairly quickly but the other analysis will take a while.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah DF will tell us actual native framerate and probably analyze it to the PC version as far as what "settings" are on. I imagine someone will figure the framerate out fairly quickly but the other analysis will take a while.
Lowest latency on red dead 2 on pc is 180 something ms too so that will be another comparison

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If someone can't tell the difference between double encode 60 fps and actual 60 fps just by looking at it and without doing an analysis then does it matter?

edit: I've never seen double encode 60 fps

Last edited:

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
If someone can't tell the difference between double encode 60 fps and actual 60 fps just by looking at it and without doing an analysis then does it matter?
It's not about being able to it's about knowing the difference. Plenty of people won't know any different about the experience they're having but would call it night and day if they experienced it side by side. I had this recently when i tried to remote play Fallout 4. It felt a little sluggish but I couldn't quite put my finger on how much smoother the original played locally. Then i got home and tried it and it suddenly felt heavenly. The difference was massive, even though what I played remotely was playable.

Sparty_0n

Oct 27, 2017
Question I didn't see an answer on elsewhere. If I buy a Stadia kit now it includes 3 months with it, is this something that is intended to go onward or only for buying it before release?

Trying to nudge myself to get one, but if there is no incentive to do it now I might just wait a bit for reviews. Thanks

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not about being able to it's about knowing the difference. Plenty of people won't know any different about the experience they're having but would call it night and day if they experienced it side by side. I had this recently when i tried to remote play Fallout 4. It felt a little sluggish but I couldn't quite put my finger on how much smoother the original played locally. Then i got home and tried it and it suddenly felt heavenly. The difference was massive, even though what I played remotely was playable.
So does double encode 60 fps looks like 30 fps or 60?
I've never seen it before personally

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTEQUOTE="BlueManifest, post: 26557080, member: 5950"]
True, atleast he's not some random person though apparently he works for a French gaming magazine/tv? So hopefully he knows what he's talking about
[/QUOTE]
well he's playing on pc so it's not 4k but rather 1080 at least

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I see now arrival date is not strongly correlated to the time of order. Have you been charged yet? I haven't.

I'm pretty sure the ETA is based on location since they are more than likely only shipping from one distribution center still. I ordered almost immediately and mine is 11/25-26 in Florida. Typically it takes a few days normally from stuff from Google to get here via their standard shipping.

I guess it was too much to expect them to express ship these for free for the founders edition.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Question I didn't see an answer on elsewhere. If I buy a Stadia kit now it includes 3 months with it, is this something that is intended to go onward or only for buying it before release?

Trying to nudge myself to get one, but if there is no incentive to do it now I might just wait a bit for reviews. Thanks
I would bet it is only for Founder's/Premier. I can't be 100% sure, but it is most likely.

Bahlor

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So all you people buying this Stadia kit, what game you all planning on buying for your day 1 session?

Just destiny for the beginning, if it sucks i will send everything back. If it's fine I will keep it and test it more from time to time to see how they improve it. If it's great I will buy gylt and maybe double dip on rdr2. Also possibly darksiders

Last edited:

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where are you even getting that from?

Found one tweet that says according to Twitter translate "Max is 4k60 FPS".. sounds like someone listing the settings available not an impression of the quality.
Ok I didn't know about that i was just going by the original impression, everyone thought he was saying it was 4k 60fps

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017

Samurai Shodown is included in the sub, huh. Must be really confident of it working well (or they know no one is gonna buy a fighting game on the cloud)

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually live in a city where the cheapest home connection is 500/500, so i might be tempted to use this instead of building a gaming PC.

But have google addressed what will happen if (when) they shutdown the service?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I actually live in a city where the cheapest home connection is 500/500, so i might be tempted to use this instead of building a gaming PC.

What do you think would happen to a streaming service if it shuts down?

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017

There's not much more to say than that they're committed to Stadia for the long term. You either believe that or wait and see. For me it doesn't really matter as I move on from my games anyway, so if Stadia shuts down one day I will manage, and I plan to keep a limited library for now.

Lishi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's not much more to say than that they're committed to Stadia for the long term. You either believe that or wait and see. For me it doesn't really matter as I move on from my games anyway, so if Stadia shuts down one day I will manage, and I plan to keep a limited library for now.

Yes, I might buy some games on sales. Sometimes I do install some old game from my steam library, having the option is always nice.

My fear is that unlike a store, keeping this system running will be much more expensive, so it will be one of the first things to get cuts if they are not profitable.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
My fear is that unlike a store, keeping this system running will be much more expensive, so it will be one of the first things to get cuts if they are not profitable.
Google never cuts things quickly that have active users. Even total flops last longer than you would expect - like, you know Google Clips, that camera they released that you would clip on and it would "use AI" to choose when to randomly take pictures and videos? Worst idea ever, total flop, after 18 months they are ending the project. BUT, they aren't actually stopping the service until December 2021, for now they are just gonna stop selling new ones. Or Google+ lasted like 8 years despite nobody using it, and they gave people over a year's advance notice (and I think they only canceled that in the end because it became a security risk they didn't want to keep updating). Google has a reputation for throwing tons of ideas on the market and then canceling them, but what really happens most of the time, is Google rebrands the service, absorbs it into another one of their services, or splits it off into its own company.

In the case of Stadia, they are obviously in it for at least a few years, as they are spending tons of money just to get it set up (I mean, giving every Stadia Pro purchaser an $80 game package AND Samurai Showdown AND other future games at only $10 a month). Canceling won't get their hardware or R&D money back. I don't think they plan on making a profit for a few years.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got my 4k monitor ready, hopefully surprises happen on launch and they just send us the code before the founders edition ships.

excited

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
There one thing I really want to know is what version of Destiny are we getting. Will it be the equivalent of the PC version in terms of performance.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Right now all we have is "similar to Steam". Since reviewers have access to the Stadia store, we may find out tomorrow when the embargo is raised.
Can't help but feel a week before Black Friday is an unfortunate time to release a service like this, given the age of most of the games on the launch lineup. There's offers for RDR2 for well under 30 for the consoles for instance. It'd be a bit strange to have a sale a week after launch. Perhaps they'll launch with a launch sale or something "to reward" early adopters.

On the plus side, RDR2's game latency is so horribad overall people probably won't notice if Stadia adds some more xD

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit. We are one day out, and I still have not been billed for the founders edition even though I ordered hours after reveal on day one. Payment method is fine with no issues shown in the orders page. Sadness.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Would be great if DF could run a battery of test with various pre-setup connections.

Something like:
- 100Mbit or more
- 50Mbit
- 25Mbit
- 10Mbit or less

And then introduce some stress\packet loss\disconnections along the way, to see how it deals with it.
Also, for wireless only setups, how the distance to the access point affects the experience.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Dammit. We are one day out, and I still have not been billed for the founders edition even though I ordered hours after reveal on day one. Payment method is fine with no issues shown in the orders page. Sadness.
Same, some Reddit users posted screenshots that their order shipped but no code yet

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Thats not an issue, they have said you won't have your code until tomorrow the 19th, and no playing before 9 am PST. I am more concerned I haven't been billed, let alone been shipped.
Personally I'm swamped most of the week so don't really care if the unit is a few days late (currently Nov 21-22), I just want the Code to setup my account.. Also see if my work firewall is already blocking it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.