• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hwoar

Dec 16, 2017
Why give some YouTuber so much time? It felt so immature to me. Like yo yo this is your boy ... imagine this and that kids omg the possibilities what we can do together for me to earn money.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
damn i'm kinda sorry i'm being so negative about this but it really feels like the idea of this console and service is kind of a threat to the video game design as a whole

Big_Erk

Oct 27, 2017
Chief's Kingdom
images

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This is all a lot more pre baked than I was expecting. Like I'm not surprised it's not that popular around these parts, we tend to be the most resistant to change, and while I don't know if this thing will ultimately be successful, I don't think the opinions of people on this site carry all that much weight toward whether or not Stadia will be a hit. They are clearly targeting an audience of more casual gamers, people who watch and follow streamers, people who might see the cost of a console/Pc as an obstacle toward AAA gaming, and it remains to be seen how many of those people exist, but they sure as shit aren't on ResetEra.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Youtube is fine. There are lots of great people out there. Smaller channels than this will help. I follow a bunch of cool people under 100k subs, some under 10k even...

....but FUCK THIS PERSON

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I don't see a technical reason why automatic Youtube assist has to be a Stadia only feature. The Stadia game is just going to read from the game where it is and pull the video up. That could happen on any platform, even non-cloud, if they were to just let it.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, that's a no for me dog. I'm totally out on any game streaming solutions unless that is the only thing available.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
The entire platform sounds like something insanely futuristic. Honestly excited to see how this performs.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah sharable links for everything on Stadia is pretty huge, it'll be really interesting to see how that changes how we even talk about games on here

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is all a sign that I should start moving towards firefox as my browser of choice

Ars Arcanum

alt account
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Lol at all the old heads wondering where their box is. Streaming is the future, everyones eventually going to go down this road. Maybe sooner rather than later.

imagine when you publicly complain about a game developer and then next thing you know you're locked out of any of their games because they have fulll control...or now these dumb ass creators get exclusive rights to a game first and if you wantot play it you need to give them $5 for early access to play on their stream...this could be dangerous..or it could be awesome..

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
You can WATCH someone play then PLAY that what you WATCHED then you can ask google to HELP you PLAY while you WATCH it play for you then jump out and WATCH someone play what you PLAYED before you WATCHED it.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, that google assistant stuff is so lame to me. I don't understand why anyone would want someone to just guide them through a game like that.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
meh

I've heard this before with 3D, AR and VR and none of them really took off. I guess VR is doing alright, but it's not the huge change in how we game that I was told it would be years ago.

Sometimes ideas for the future are bad and never go anywhere. Just because something "feels" like it's what's going to be the norm in the future doesn't mean it will be.
None of those things are close to this.

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
The 4k 60fps claim is something to be highly skeptical about with streaming - I predict Digital Foundry will tear this to shreds once it's out to test. I'm not seeing anything about custom hardware to compress the signal without a performance penalty on the hardware - the fact they use 'doom' as an example seems to indicate there will be (since it already runs at 60fps pretty easily). I predict the option will be 'delayed' or hidden away deep in the menus to keep people from trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.