• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
Great game. Made me believe again because holy shit was Ascension bad aside from the combat. My literal only complaint, the only one......Gerard K. Marino, Mike Reagan, Chris Velasco and Ron Fish > Bear McCreary. Musically even with one game they outdid him from every level and y'all need to bring them back for God of War 2.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
What a garbage post, the amount of salt emanating from this post is palpable. Imagine being this bitter that none of your trash GIFs go recognised.

His GIFs have amazing editing, not to mention he caps slick gameplay moments. It really ain't that deep, chief.

I don't think anyone needs to go as far as calling Edge's gifs trash (haven't seen them myself to be honest) despite their unpopular opinion towards Sunhi. I'm sure Edge works hard on their gifs too.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering how his gifs are extremely edited "Bullshots" par excellence, he would fit perfectly into a PR position. For sure.

Sad that this is only way to get noticed from people, media and even publisher/developers, with beautified gifs which doesn't reflects the real game at all. So yeah, the industry loves him, cause when they do this, everyone screams "downgrade", "fake", or "lies". But he gets celebrated for his Bullshots.

I kinda respect the effort behind it (up to the point where he got games for free from publisher) but I'm also sad that someone like me who used to post 100% raw gifs, with picture perfect quality and unedited as well as hundreds and hundreds of fantastic looking, lossless png screenshots for almost every new AAA (Or under) title doesn't get any recognition at all for doing it.

Feels just wrong. Feels like honest people with honest work get shit anymore these days.
Edge, I'm gonna need you to calm down with all this Edge

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
Game of the generation
HighlevelBlackAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Considering how his gifs are extremely edited "Bullshots" par excellence, he would fit perfectly into a PR position. For sure.

Sad that this is only way to get noticed from people, media and even publisher/developers, with beautified gifs which doesn't reflects the real game at all. So yeah, the industry loves him, cause when they do this, everyone screams "downgrade", "fake", or "lies". But he gets celebrated for his Bullshots.

I kinda respect the effort behind it (up to the point where he got games for free from publisher) but I'm also sad that someone like me who used to post 100% raw gifs, with picture perfect quality and unedited as well as hundreds and hundreds of fantastic looking, lossless png screenshots for almost every new AAA (Or under) title doesn't get any recognition at all for doing it.

Feels just wrong. Feels like honest people with honest work get shit anymore these days.
This is pure trolling. Or maybe is it just a case of bad sense of humour.

Cthulhu_Steev

Oct 27, 2017

Wow. This is the shittiest post today.

What a fucking cry baby.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

WOW!

MDSVeritas

Gameplay Programmer, Sony Santa Monica
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I may or may not read every God of War thread that passes the front page here and all the support (and critique) is great to see.

Thanks everyone :)

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This is pure deliberately trolling. Or maybe is it just a case of bad sense of humour.

Nah, it's just my opinion. And I think I'm allowed to have that despite nobody agreeing, which is completely fine. I expected that.
So, do your jokes, do your taunts. That's completely fine by me.

I don't think I'm breaking any rules with my posting and just wanted to express my feelings about this and that's all.

Loved the game by the way and it also was my Game of the Year 2018. :)

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you SSM.

But I also hate you. I still have ptsd over niflheim and muspelheim grind.

Fastidioso

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Nah, it's just my opinion. And I think I'm allowed to have that despite nobody agreeing, which is completely fine. I expected that.
So, do your jokes, do your taunts. That's completely fine by me.

I don't think I'm breaking any rules with my posting and just wanted to express my feelings about this and that's all.
It's hard to respect an opinion full of nonsense. You can dislike the game whatever you want but say the game is appreciate just for gifs like the previous, is an offence to the players intelligence.

Last edited:

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, this is easily one of my fav games this gen. They took a chance on changing up the formula and it paid off big time.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Love this game, definitely my game of 2018

Always really sweet to be able to see the people who worked on a game, their backgrounds and approaches :)

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to respect an opinion full of nonsense. You can dislike the game whatever you want but say the game is appreciate just for gifs like the previous, is an offence to the players intelligence.
They are saying that Sunhi is appreciated for their gifs even though they are edited post capture and that raw gifs go unappreciated (which is bullshit).

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Better combat than Soulsbornero

But the enemy design and variety sucks, if the sequel improves it could be game of the (next) gen ♡

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I may or may not read every God of War thread that passes the front page here and all the support (and critique) is great to see.

Thanks everyone :)

Oh I've got a critique for you! I'm very concerned about the lack of fart jokes in God of War. I hope addressing this major flaw is a top priority if/when a sequel comes out!

;)

Seriously though, thanks to both you and everyone you work with at SSM and at Sony for making such a wonderful experience :)

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Easily my game of the generation.

For me, GoW delivered story telling of Uncharted and TLOU with equally compelling or better combat. I am 100% invested in where the story will go in the sequels.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats to the Team on everything God of War has won. Incredible game and right there with the best this generation. Now the wait for the next chapter..

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Ehhhh, that wasn't what I meant with my posting at all. I think you took that in the wrong way.

The game is amazing and one of the best games in this generation.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017

Oh come on....

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wow. Someone needs to calm down.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ehhhh, that wasn't what I meant with my posting at all. I think you took that in the wrong way.

The game is amazing and one of the best games in this generation.
YOu do know that raw gifs are appreciated, right? The reason that Sunhi gets noticed by devs and publishers is because they put time into editing and cutting gifs into mini showcases that show off the games in spectacular fashion.

Devs can pump out all the raw gifs they would want, Sunhi is basically a trailer factory and their efforts are recognized.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No doubt this is the contender for game of the generation. The fact it managed to elevate the franchise's narrative to the same, already lofty, levels of quality its gameplay and spectacular setpieces only cements that fact.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
No doubt this is the contender for game of the generation. The fact it managed to elevate the franchise's narrative to the same, already lofty, levels of quality its gameplay and spectacular setpieces only cements that fact.

At this point in time, yup it's my GOTG contender. The only thing on the horizon that stands a VERY good chance of dethroning it as my personal pick is TLOU2.

It's entirely possible Death Stranding will be as well, but we just don't know enough about it yet. I suppose Cyberpunk would be on that list too, but I don't plan to touch it on current gen machines anyways.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
One of the few AAA games I've enjoyed this generation, loved every second of it. And thanks to who ever made the decision to make it feel like how gaming used to, instead of some service scheme with ads and microtransactions constantly intruding on the experience, trying to sell you more.