• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Those 31 loops just flew by. Definitely a fan, but I hope it doesn't wear thin too soon. At least losing seems like a common thing.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know what the requirement for getting Otome's second fact is? It's the last one I need.

My understanding of the Japanese wiki makes it seem like you just need to win with her while you're both crew, but I keep getting other victory scenes instead. Do I just need to keep exhausting them until I get Otome's?

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Holy shit I fucking cackled when Jonas flat out admitted to being Gnosia after winning and was immediately sent to cold sleep.

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
This game... is starting to wear thin for me. It was so awesome at the start. But 60+ loops and the concept is getting really tiring. I lose much more than I win, and when I do, it feels like it's more luck than skill based. The story moves at snail's pace and the fair few story tidbits that has popped up has been too short for me to feel motivated to push through.

Is it worth it?

I've managed to push through the gameplay (which I hate) in order to be very, very close to the end. I'll let you know from my perspective if when I'm done I think the overall plot is worth it for someone who can't stand the gameplay.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Well, just finished up and got the true ending. Incredible game. I did have a question for those who have finished it:

Is the concept of what Gnosia and Gnos are meant to be left vague like some cosmic horror concept or did I miss something? It's fine either way, but I wanted to confirm I didn't miss something.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Freeze All skill, setup of 4 Gnosia, every role enabled, and three engineers and three doctors coming forward. I'm pretty sure the requirements are, at least, that three engineers step forward, that Raqio is present, and that a Bug is an enabled role. There may be others, but Raqio mentioned both of those before going into their little logic puzzle. It seems to be nearly useless though because even with maxed out stats its hard to get people to go for such an extreme solution. Might be possible if the Bug, the AC Follower, and the actual role person all step forward so no Gnosia would have a reason to go against it.

Also after 200 loops and every stat maxed out I'm pretty sure I've finally exhausted all the content in the game that isn't entirely missable. Haven't seen anything new pop up for around 30 random loops now.

Well, just finished up and got the true ending. Incredible game. I did have a question for those who have finished it:

Is the concept of what Gnosia and Gnos are meant to be left vague like some cosmic horror concept or did I miss something? It's fine either way, but I wanted to confirm I didn't miss something.

Yuriko says something about Gnos being an amalgamation of cyberized people.

Also, did you start a new save file with the same info as your cleared one?

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Freeze All skill, setup of 4 Gnosia, every role enabled, and three engineers and three doctors coming forward. I'm pretty sure the requirements are, at least, that three engineers step forward, that Raqio is present, and that a Bug is an enabled role. There may be others, but Raqio mentioned both of those before going into their little logic puzzle. It seems to be nearly useless though because even with maxed out stats its hard to get people to go for such an extreme solution. Might be possible if the Bug, the AC Follower, and the actual role person all step forward so no Gnosia would have a reason to go against it.

Also after 200 loops and every stat maxed out I'm pretty sure I've finally exhausted all the content in the game that isn't entirely missable. Haven't seen anything new pop up for around 30 random loops now.

Yuriko says something about Gnos being an amalgamation of cyberized people.

Also, did you start a new save file with the same info as your cleared one?
Right, ok. I had forgotten that detail. Thanks for that.

And yes, I did the stuff on the new save file and found out about Manan(?).

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Just after posting the above I tried seeing what would happen if I caught the game in a logic error of "Gnosia steps forward as the only engineer and is confirmed as a definite human, but the next day is proven not to be the Engineer by me (the actual engineer) deleting a bug".

Turns out there's a special ending for breaking the AI.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Edit 2: got the true ending
Making a new save file using your old save files info to finish the story is a 10/10 big brain play
Okay this is genius.

That is a way more satisfying ending, yeah.

I also was happy that the SQ/Remnan/Kukrushka thing actually does pay off, and it's actually set up at the start by "SQ" being Gnosia in the first loop.

I guess that answers why it's Guard Duty (and Remnan) in particular. Guards never leave the ship, so Menan stuck willingly in an eternal loop will always presumably wake up inside the ship before everything starts, where she can eliminate the "true" Kukrushka who's actually on Guard Duty, and take her place without any suspicion. I guess that really sucks for an infinite amount of Remnans in the multiverse!

Speaking of things sucking for people:

-It's actually very bleak when you realize that Comet is essentially being killed every time she goes into cold sleep, Gnosia or not. That really explains why her planet is so isolated and refuses to let people leave; cold sleep makes the slime mold symbiote think that its host is dead and start eating them, and presumably a bunch of people on the ship are going to get eaten once the ship reaches its destination and Comet's pod is opened.
-I got a pretty funny ending in one loop after beating the game where Jonas remarks on Stella... I cant remember if she died or was Gnosia, but he's like, "Ah well." LeVi gets understandably pissed and asks Jonas to rephrase that, and Jonas refuses; a pop-up message explains that after coming out of warp, Jonas was found frozen to death naked and nobody knew why. If that was a Gnosia Stella loop, then that's another "everyone probably dies anyway" dark implication.

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Just after posting the above I tried seeing what would happen if I caught the game in a logic error of "Gnosia steps forward as the only engineer and is confirmed as a definite human, but the next day is proven not to be the Engineer by me (the actual engineer) deleting a bug".

I love how they have so many things for unique scenarios. It's kind of impressive.

Also about the origin of Gnosia.
When I read it I went "Oh it's Human Instrumentality from Evangelion". Seems like the obvious inspiration for forced joining of a singular mind as an evolution of people.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I got an event where gina was gnosia and came to kill me at night, i had two way to act, get angry or beg for my life.... getting angry did nothing... if i begged would i had a new note or event or something?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

How would you even do that? Just pure luck? I feel this setting would be kinda hard to get...

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Beat it yesterday and enjoyed my time thoroughly even though I found it rough around the edges.

Wish localization was better tho. Some parts were straight awful.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
How would you even do that? Just pure luck? I feel this setting would be kinda hard to get...
After you complete the game you get the ability to save scum. So you can load a scenario with a good number of Gnosia, no AC Followers, an Engineer, and a Bug. Wait for the engineers to step forward and keep save scumming until you can identify the Gnosia and the Bug. Then reload until only a Gnosia engineer steps forward, so the AI identifies them as 100% being the engineer. On the first night, eliminate the bug, proving that the engineer with a 100% chance of being the real thing is not, in fact, the real thing.

Would that lead to anything? You can miss events based on gender?
At least some romantic-ally tinged events are miss-able based on gender, yes. Some characters have at least a preference for certain genders, while other events can be gotten as any/no gender.

Oct 25, 2017
I got an event where gina was gnosia and came to kill me at night, i had two way to act, get angry or beg for my life.... getting angry did nothing... if i begged would i had a new note or event or something?
I begged and I didn't get a note or anything, I think it's just a line or two that will be different (?)

EDIT:already answered by jonjonaug

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
After you complete the game you get the ability to save scum. So you can load a scenario with a good number of Gnosia, no AC Followers, an Engineer, and a Bug. Wait for the engineers to step forward and keep save scumming until you can identify the Gnosia and the Bug. Then reload until only a Gnosia engineer steps forward, so the AI identifies them as 100% being the engineer. On the first night, eliminate the bug, proving that the engineer with a 100% chance of being the real thing is not, in fact, the real thing.
Just tried this and that is pretty cute.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, I figured out everything on my own, including getting the final ending, but I still can't figure out how to get the Block Argument. I know its from Yukiko obviously.

Also I only ran into the stat change event RIGHT BEFORE I BEAT THE GAME. That was frustrating to say the least.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

At least some romantic-ally tinged events are miss-able based on gender, yes. Some characters have at least a preference for certain genders, while other events can be gotten as any/no gender.

How would the AI 100% definite the gnosia as human though? It rarely happens in my playtheoughs that someone is defining someone else as ally or enemy... is there a way to guarantee that it would happen?

As for the romance... hopefully someone uploads them on youtube, but since its so niche there's low chances of that

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
How would the AI 100% definite the gnosia as human though? It rarely happens in my playtheoughs that someone is defining someone else as ally or enemy... is there a way to guarantee that it would happen?
From what I can tell, higher end arguments like that become more and more common the more loops you go through, stats raise, skills unlocked, etc. It's almost always related to the Engineers/Doctors' reports and what happens if one Engineer/Doctor is proven to be correct/incorrect, at which point all of their reports become proven correct.

Also I only ran into the stat change event RIGHT BEFORE I BEAT THE GAME. That was frustrating to say the least.
God, I ran into that one like 10 times in a row to the point that I kept assuming I had to change stats to get it to go away or unlock some future event.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Okay i got the broken IA ending somehow not sure how though, i didnt come forward as engineer, so setsu came out and i defined her as human.. day 2 goes on as normal, then i detect stella as gnosia, so setsu is obviously the bug... but after that, on day 3, i got the ending... What was the logic error?

Antoo

May 1, 2019
The AI in this game is so frustrating at times. I just had a game where Jonas was the doctor and 3 people claimed engineer. The person who we put to sleep was one of the people who claimed engineer and turned out to have been human after Jonas checked them. I proceeded to push a person who claimed engineer twice, one time at the beginning and one more time at the end, and Jonas of all people started to lead a push on me after he was the one that put forth evidence that the other two engineer claims have to be false.

I'm petty now and Jonas has officially gone on my shit list.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
The AI in this game is so frustrating at times. I just had a game where Jonas was the doctor and 3 people claimed engineer. The person who we put to sleep was one of the people who claimed engineer and turned out to have been human after Jonas checked them. I proceeded to push a person who claimed engineer twice, one time at the beginning and one more time at the end, and Jonas of all people started to lead a push on me after he was the one that put forth evidence that the other two engineer claims have to be false.

I'm petty now and Jonas has officially gone on my shit list.
I mean Jonas could have been lying. Depending on the round, he could've been Gnosia or an AC fan. In both cases, it would make sense for him to push back on you, as its possible the person you were accusing was Gnosia.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017
got absolutely consumed by and played through this in a few sittings. that was wild. up there with 13 Sentinels as a super original and ambitious way to tell a wacky sci-fi story. great music and fantastic character designs too. really impressive for being developed by 4 people.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Jonas is very good at lying, and very good at detecting lies. He's also batshit crazy and very unlikable.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
I mean Jonas could have been lying. Depending on the round, he could've been Gnosia or an AC fan. In both cases, it would make sense for him to push back on you, as its possible the person you were accusing was Gnosia.
I guess that's possible but that round was the introduction of the doctor mechanic. Additionally, there's a huge logic discrepancy because if Jonas thinks me pushing the other engineer claims is wrong then that invalidates his role completely and reveals that he is lying. There's no way to say any of this of course and the options to accuse and defend are so limited.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked later commands for asking people who are engineers to scan certain people.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Passed 100 loops. I hope I'm close to the end, because I can't handle another 100 loops.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
I guess that's possible but that round was the introduction of the doctor mechanic. Additionally, there's a huge logic discrepancy because if Jonas thinks me pushing the other engineer claims is wrong then that invalidates his role completely and reveals that he is lying. There's no way to say any of this of course and the options to accuse and defend are so limited.
Not necessarily, it could be that, of the two engineers, Jonas hasn't gotten any bad vibes (Jonas has pretty good intuition and can notice liars reasonably well) from the one you accused and thus thinks you are trying to freeze an innocent person. In this case, he could only assume that, since you want to freeze someone whose human, you are Gnosia, leading to him accusing you. My broader point is that there are too many uncertainties in the situation you described for there to be a strict logical error on Jonas's part.

Gvitor

Oct 27, 2017
Ocasionally this game has hints of brilliance in storytelling through gameplay, but at least so far (30 loops) I think it isn't worth the slog and repetition. I would've much prefered it to be a traditional VN centered around a werewolf game than this status manipulation fest with repeated dialogue.

At loop 30, there have been a good amount of new mechanics being introduced to keep it fresh, but even so, I just can't stomach the characters saying the same shit every time, and every so often breaking immersion with their remarks. And the fact that each loop starts in the discussion doesn't sit well with me. "Character x seems shady". Why? Give me some context, dammit.

Having to set up each game as well gives me the impression of "am I doing this right?" every time. Is going for a short game worth it, or should I have the full cast? A full cast game takes too damn long, and most of the time I just want to skip the dialogue and hope for the exclamation mark in the down time.

Actually playing the werewolf game doesn't seem worth it, specially when logic breaks often, and it ends up depending more on stat than critical thinking.

At least I can always count on blaming Shigemichi and everyone gangin' up on him.

Last edited:

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Not necessarily, it could be that, of the two engineers, Jonas hasn't gotten any bad vibes (Jonas has pretty good intuition and can notice liars reasonably well) from the one you accused and thus thinks you are trying to freeze an innocent person. In this case, he could only assume that, since you want to freeze someone whose human, you are Gnosia, leading to him accusing you. My broader point is that there are too many uncertainties in the situation you described for there to be a strict logical error on Jonas's part.
I guess it comes down to if the crew members also know there can only be 1 engineer and 1 doctor. I have that information so it bothers me specifically when no one else is using that logic. The game sets up there can only be 1 engineer and Jonas just confirmed that the one we froze that claimed engineer was in fact human. This, it could have been logically deduced the other two are frauds.

I may be getting meta in terms of the framework of the game but I feel the story is so loose early on that it makes you think about the rules and not what is actually happening in the story. I'm not invested in characters or anything yet so I'm taken aback when the game just doesn't have everyone else aware of the structure of how things work.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Wait, so there's another ending after reaching the credits!?

Was this hinted at anywhere? I need to do this when I get home.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017

As for the romance... hopefully someone uploads them on youtube, but since its so niche there's low chances of that
If only one Doctor or one Engineer steps forward, and no one has died or been put in cold sleep yet, then the AI will consider that person to have a 100% chance of having this role and will take anything they say as gospel (characters with even moderate logic will use the "Definite Human" skill in these circumstances too). This is because, from a crew perspective, it's a very stupid idea to let a Gnosia fake either of those roles with no setbacks. And coming forward actually protects you until later in the round, since dying will cast heavy doubt on whoever is left (and in many cases will ensure that they have to be an enemy).

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Is this event important to see? Didn't add anything to her or anyone else's profile, gotta tell you, damn tough to keep her alive while eliminating the other gnosia. It was a pretty dramatic event, too.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Starting in the first debate seems weird until you unlock enough mechanics and learn the ins and outs of the characters' quirks (usually who is most perceptive and you should pay attention to when they doubt someone) that you can almost always make a half decent start out of it, even if ultimately one of the designated punching bags is voted for in the first round.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Is this event important to see? Didn't add anything to her or anyone else's profile, gotta tell you, damn tough to keep her alive while eliminating the other gnosia. It was a pretty dramatic event, too.
Nope, there's a number of events not tied to any plot flags. You can still get any of them that aren't missable (like SQ's unique dialogue for failing the first loop) on repeat loops if the conditions appear again. For example, there's a plot flag that appears if both you and Comet are Gnosia and a special ending scene if you win with Comet still alive, but if you lose or she gets put in cold sleep in that loop you can still see the event if you and Comet are Gnosia again in another loop.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
I completely dumb lucked into getting that event; I don't think its necessary though. Speaking of dumb luck, did anyone else
Get the bizarre ending where a Gnosia'd SQ puts a collar on you when the Gnosia win? That threw me for a loop. I figured she was Gnosia, but trusted her because I wanted to see what would happen. I can't say I expected that though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
90 loops in and this is very addicting. Nothing like having two Gnosia infected people get proved as such in the same round and the one you did not put into cold sleep killing you right afterwards though. Or when Kukrushka was able to get me voted off two loops in a row while I was crew.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Need help with:

SQ - 3, 4, 5
Raqio - 6
Setsu - 4, 6
Comet - 6
Jonas - 5, 7
Kukrushka - 3, 5, 6
Remnan - 2, 4, 5
Yuriko - 5, 6

Any help is appreciated.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what ending is this and how do you get it? I got the ending, but I want to make sure I didn't miss out on anything...
Setsu went into another universe with your other self in the healing tank, who will be woken up by them.

Just like the world of no Gnosia, think about how you'd replicate that condition.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Setsu went into another universe with your other self in the healing tank, who will be woken up by them.

Just like the world of no Gnosia, think about how you'd replicate that condition.

You can just tell me what the conditions are, but my guess is:

0 Gnosia, 2 crew, 1 bug? Something like that?

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
I'm a bit stumped at the moment with a certain SQ event:

It's number 5, the one that requires you to be Gnosia. What do you need to accomplish? I thought it sufficed with surviving to the end with her, but it's not working for me.