• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Not that I can see in the options.
The pre-rendered cut-scenes are also at the original resolution, so they do not looked to be up-scaled or improved on.
I'm loving it tho, enjoyed it the first time round and as a massive Ghostbusters fan, this scratches the itch once again.

I'm a huge fan. Made a screen accurate pack and uniform, a fan film with a few million views, and even got to work on the 2016 movie. If I buy this game it'll be the third time I do.

Any chance you can dump some screenshots from your Pro?

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember this being a fun game back on the 360, might check it out again.

OP
OP
A Ream of Paper
Apr 8, 2018
PSA for those who preordered on digitally on Xbox in the US. Apparently the game unlocks tonight at 8:00pm EST. Not sure if it'll be the same for other platforms.

Also for anyone that has the game now, can you confirm if the GB2 suit and Gold Proton Pack are available in the game? They were preorder bonuses for the original release iirc.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
I love Ghostbusters and I never played the original, but I'm gonna wait for the Online MP mode before getting this one.

Pizza Dog

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember really enjoying this game on the 360, but the final boss was a real pain to do solo. Hopefully it's been tweaked a little, or maybe I'll just have got better by the time I pick this up for the Switch.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJVz9SByd2s

someone's streaming the ps4 pro version, looks exactly the same which is a damn shame. I really wish they at least remastered it properly and took the time to bring it towards current gen visuals. Hell even HBAO would do wonders in this game to make it look less flat.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna quote
According to Reddit, it does not. The game does not seem to have any updates whatsoever except for up res graphics. I have never played this game, but it sounds like one of the lowest effort remasters you could possibly get. Hopefully its a great game though.
Apparently doing the MP from the ground up, so...

Anyway, for those wondering on differences from Wii version if you only played that.

The Wii version was worse in every way with only one positive not on other systems, the local co-op. But then it lacked the MP of the HD versions.

There were numerous cuts to the Wii version, with levels drastically cut in size and scope, and made into much more simplistic layouts. Some levels are missing, or have entire areas missing. As a result some scenes are missing or made shorter. Also to pad out these smaller, shorter areas it tried to add puzzles, but really it was just backtracking for fetch quests. Certain ghosts were censored and made less horrific (in addition to the cartoony art style change). Certain creepy/spooky stuff was removed. Some bosses were removed, others changed to stuff that was not lore friendly and also just worse designed battles. I think some weapons were removed too.

The general gameplay of ghost catching was pretty much the same, just with some button pressed swapped for motion controls. Plus less weapon variety.

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Hopefully they add crossplay to the mp... maybe then it'll have a chance to have a decent community past launch.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
The 360 version is BC on the Xbox One so not sure if it's worth buying this version too.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, my PS4 Pro does not like this game. Cutscenes keep stopping and starting and the disc drive sounds like its about to throw up.

CyclotronHGA

Oct 26, 2017
Really looking forward to playing through this again! I find it hard to believe that it's been 10 years since the original release.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ugh, I hadn't realized it was Saber Interactive.

How do these guys keep getting work? Apart from probably just being really cheap.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
The in-game cutscenes look like ass but gameplay looks really nice and fps is smooth in the early parts.

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone else who has it on PS4 just confirm if they cant upload the trophies either yet?
I'm assuming it will be fine come tomorrow.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
I've had the Switch version on my wishlist for a while, kinda missed out on the PS3 one.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Embargo just lifted on coverage. Reviews should begin to appear shortly. I compared the Switch version to the PS3 original release:

wombleac

Nov 8, 2017
Played this on PS3 about a year ago and it is awesome. I grew up in the 80s and this game feels like a sequel to the first 2 movies in every way. The voice acting is phenomenal and the little details from the previous movies really hit that nostalgia itch in all the right ways. Gameplay can be a little tedious but I never wanted to quit because of it. If you haven't played this but love the films make sure to grab this; you won't be sorry.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I wish the PC version would get a real good upgrade. Can you imagine TLOU2 visuals on this game!!??

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I might be wrong here, but I think the PS3 port was notoriously bad/broken compared to the 360 version.

Kinda think that would require the whole game be remade from the ground up?
Neither version was great but the PS3 was the inferior version (and unfortunately the only version I had access to for comparison sake).

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to do a comparison with the 360/switch versions, but it isn't unlocked yet. GRRRR.