• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I for one am completely shocked that the publisher who's devs released the first game with motion matching and release games that typically have some of the best animation in the industry would be releasing a game that has good animations.

Like....this isn't even Ubi's best work when it comes to animation quality in an open world game and you can clearly see at several points that things are unfinished and/or certain actions have less quality in exchange for player control...
The irony here being motion matching is essentially Ubi's tech that they researched and made public so that others can benefit from it, which is what ND did.

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Lol? You must have been asleep for most of this gen, Ubi has been fantastic this gen.

I could name another dev that's been bullshitting their consumers all gen but don't wanna derail
Watch_Dogs, Far cry 3, Rainbow Six: Siege, The Division 1......Oh and Assassin's Creed: Unity. Some were fixed, all were built on graphical and mechanical lies.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Watch_Dogs, Far cry 3, Rainbow Six: Siege, The Division 1......Oh and Assassin's Creed: Unity. Some were fixed, all were built on graphical and mechanical lies.

Far Cry 3 was a last gen game.

AC Unity had bugs but it looks just as good as they showed and still one of the best looking open world games.

No one wants to play Rainbow Six Siege like they showed it at E3. They changed the lighting for balance reasons. People still complain about dark corners in some maps.

So... just Watch Dogs 1 and The Division 1 which were revealed before current-gen consoles? You're just gonna ignore the dozens of impressive games they released this generation?

Last edited:

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
While i am looking forward to the game that trailer was pretty embarrassing, some gears of war levels of dudebro.
You haven't been paying attention if you still think Gears of War is still on that dudebro shit.

On-topic: the game looks good graphically but that FoV is narrow as hell. The controls also look a little too stiff for my tastes (the gameplay walkthrough looks like it was played with a controller though).

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 3 was a last gen game. And no one wants to play Rainbow Six Siege like they showed it at E3. They changed the lighting for balance reasons.
Not just that, they changed the lighting and made it more basic even when compared to what it was at launch because you really need simplistic models and as few fluff as possible for a competitive/esports game.
People who don't understand that are just missing the point.

As for The Division, the final game looks very similar in quality with a change in art design. The only things that were removed were dynamic material shaders (snow gradually melting off fire) and real time planer reflections...which is obviously very expensive still. And i'm not even sure why peopl ehave issues with it and call it a "lie" when even the launched product is still among one of the best looking games out there. Like if I were to pick top 10 best looking games made this gen The Division 1/2 would be in there for sure and so would Watch Dogs 1/2. Even the " downgraded versions" of ubi games are top of the line visually.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Looks and sounds more interesting than Wildlands. Really into the scenario of a couple of Ghosts up against a high tech enemy force.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Looks so much better than Wildlands, which i really hated. Digging the closer camera and i hope you can play as an female again this time around.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Not just that, they changed the lighting and made it more basic even when compared to what it was at launch because you really need simplistic models and as few fluff as possible for a competitive/esports game.
People who don't understand that are just missing the point.

Yes, people who don't understand the game complain about the "downgrade" while it's actually a change for a better experience. The more static and bright lighting is essential for the balance and competitiveness of the game.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Couldn't get past 5 minutes of that gameplay trailer. Looks like a generic as hell third person shooter.

It will sell gangbusters but it isn't for me.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Btw this game has already had a private alpha/beta like a month or so ago. People have actually played it on their own machines and taken screenshots/videos.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting Watch_Dogs reveal trailer flashbacks ... Mmmm

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Wildlands 2.0. Reveal trailer is ok, gameplay is great. Not digging all the drone thing though, it's not fun to hit small targets like those all the time.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Wildlands 1.1.
Should've gone with a different-looking setting.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Wildlands 1.1.
Should've gone with a different-looking setting.

Wildlands has so many different looking settings. I don't know how they can make it even more varied. It has desert, snow areas, salt flats, mountains and snowy mountains, jungles, forests, farm fields, swamps, urban towns, canyons, lakes, waterfalls,...etc.

thumb-1920-601643.png

sp0xdy3jqvp11.jpg

full

Ghost-Recon-Wildlands-PS4-Wallpaper-Desert.jpg

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wildlands has so many different looking settings. I don't know how they can make it even more varied. It has desert, snow areas, salt flats, mountains and snowy mountains, jungles, forests, farm fields, swamps, urban towns, canyons, lakes, waterfalls,...etc.
Then the styling is awful.
GTA V city looks completely different than GTA IV city.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
It all looks really good and interesting. I was excited until the developers (talking with the IGN rep), said pretty much is not a game to play Solo. You can, yes; but you would be playing as a "lonewolf," meeting the same challenges and given certain warnings before you are about to die because there wont be AI teammates to revive you or to help; and if you do, you'll need friends to come help or just join a group. Again, meant to be co-op.

When I play with friends co-op is fun, however, the game's environment, story, challenges, characters... they all become kind of unimportant because we are all mindlessly running around shooting stuff, laughing, talking, planning or else. I don't mind that if I get to also have my own solo time to kind of get the feel of the game's world and story--having the choice is what I enjoyed about Wildlands.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
Tweak those motorbike physics please. I remember launching myself into oblivion far too many times in Wildlands from crashing into terrain.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

What does that have to do with anything? Of course LA looks different than NYC. But a jungle will look like a jungle. You can't change much, yet they still made the most diverse map this generation.

Last edited:

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Just because it is similar it's awful?
GTAIV to GTAV was a massive technical jump, that technical jump necessitated a change in style. The style in GTAIV was awful, but a product of its time. It's why it looks so different. Not to mention NYC is designed very different from LA. How many different ways can you think a tropical jungle can look?

Widlands is a 2 year old game at this point on a mature hardware, they didn't have to improve the tech any further by considerably amount because they weren't limited in the way GTAIV was during its development relative to its hardware and the tech available at the time. Wildlands is probably the most diverse game this gen in terms of geography, climate and topography, it basically had everything you could thing of from extreme elevation difference to extreme weather difference as well as extreme biome differences.

They quite literally made a mini country in the game and as such it's just not possible to create something that looks radically different in style while still adhering to the realistic look that Tom Clancy games go for.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Fuckin waaaaaaaay into this. Me and my Wildlands buddies will pile another 70+ hours into this i'm sure of it.

I wonder what this island is gonna end up like ... i'm very pleased there seem to be more melee/interactive take downs, especially from the front and such. I dig hiding in the mud as well.
As long as we don't end up fighting exclusively robots towards the end game this should be stellar. I hope Frank Castle is a decent villain as well...

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, talking about holding a fucking grudge

Seriously.

I guess he's gonna ignore the turn around and insane level of support Division and Siege had, as well as every Assassins Creed after Unity.

Unity got a ton of patches too and runs completely fine on PC now

Also, FC3 was completely fine.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
The presentation is fantastic. The world is gorgeous! I love this transition into next gen where open world games have the fidelity of first party linear games.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Wildlands is the best 4 player coop there is right now and how can more of that be a bad thing?

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
User Warned - Lazy Dev Rhetoric
The no Teammate AI is a no buy in my book. Its a vital aspect of the Wildlands metric. If theres online co op then they should've fixed the already in place AI instead of cutting costs and being lazy and resting on their laurels. Not sure how they missed the mark so wide on this one.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The no Teammate AI is a no buy in my book. Its a vital aspect of the Wildlands metric. If theres online co op then they should've fixed the already in place AI instead of cutting costs and being lazy and resting on their laurels. Not sure how they missed the mark so wide on this one.

You can use drones for sync shots, which is basically the only useful thing AI teammates did in Wildlands.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
I like the injury system. You're punished for taking damage, but still in the fight. And you're contextually punished for the area/type of damage. They give you a way to heal, but not instantly. And if you're downed, teammates can res you, but you're not healed. You have to sort that yourself. That attrition system / mechanic seems very interesting. And not far off suggestions I've been making on forums since Socom 1. There are a lot of interesting mechanics at play here.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Nice of Ubisoft to add the token black guy in the trailer. The diversity is appreciated.
White guy, Asian guy, Black guy and a white woman. pretty good, you will probably be able to change and customize your character ala Wildlands tho so it doesnt matter in the game too much (that is unless its confirmed you play a specific character)

GazRB

Oct 25, 2017
Man what I wouldn't give for a real Ghost Recon game back.
Yeah I feel you. Breakpoint looks great but I wish it was a spin off and then they would go back to mission based gameplay with prep like the original games.

Looks good. Enjoyed Wildlands but it got repetitive for me after a while. Hopefully the story missions are a little more interesting like the one they showed. Also not into the idea of fighting hordes of mindless robots. Please avoid that Ubi
Yeah hope we're not fighting a lot of drones.

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
I'm playing Badlands solo on extreme and I'm having a blast, just defated the Predator and it was such a cool addition. I only hope this new game in as fun while playing solo.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Watch Dogs had some issues and yes had one hell of a downgrade but in the end was an enjoyable experience (followed by a fantastic sequel), FarCry 3 is great and one they still try and recapture to this day, R6 Siege is a great shooter that constantly is supported, Division outside of its issues clearly proved to be enjoyable by a ton of people. AC Unity was a mess and is still eh when it comes to its technical issues but the world of Paris it built is still one of the best this gen and had and alright story to go along with it.