• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 31, 2017
But where's the padding for my butt?

honestly after buying a secret lab for my wife it's definitely worth the money if you spend a lot of time sitting at a computer desk every day. And it was more than 300$

Khamsinvera

Oct 31, 2017

6vxw09fcipx01.jpg

That you, OP?

ZeroHunter

Aug 6, 2020
Have this chair and love it. Took some time to get used to it since I previously had a cheapo Walmart "leather" chair, which I'm sure was awful for my back, but once I did it was smooth sailing from there.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
The thing about this chair is that it doesn't get worn out. So the comfort is always the same. I've had it for years, and it's the same chair it was 4 years ago. Before I had to buy a chair at least once a year, or I had to put up with how awful they felt after a few months.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Fact. I have a Hyken at work and it destroys my gamer chair

Kickfister

May 9, 2019
Sitting in this right now, it's a good chair for the price! If you're like me and often sit with one leg under the other up in your chair (is this weird? I don't know) then it's pretty damn bad for that. I have calluses on my feet from the chair material pressing on them lol.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. If you arn't going for the actually expensive quality office chairs then you are better off with a $100-200 one over a $300-400 gamer chair.

ApeEscaper

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladeshi
How does it compare to the popular Herman Miller Aeron or the Ikea long skinny chair forgot what's it called. Edit: Ikea Marcus lol

Last edited:

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My husband and I got chairs from staples that have a high back and a longer seat and foldable arms. Perfect for me because I love to sometimes cross my legs which requires removing my ikea chair arms

calder

Oct 25, 2017
honestly after buying a secret lab for my wife it's definitely worth the money if you spend a lot of time sitting at a computer desk every day. And it was more than 300$

I bought a Secret Labs for $500 and coincidentally got it shortly after work from home started. It's amazing, and so much better than the $2-300 office chairs I had used for years. You instantly can tell it's just on a different level than a typical office chair, the materials alone.

But for $150 this Staples chair looks like a good bet.

OP
OP
Earvin Infinity
Oct 27, 2017
Sitting in this right now, it's a good chair for the price! If you're like me and often sit with one leg under the other up in your chair (is this weird? I don't know) then it's pretty damn bad for that. I have calluses on my feet from the chair material pressing on them lol.

I can still do the Indian sitting stance 😭

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Nah OP, that chair is too narrow and short front-to-back for me to ever be comfortable in for more than like 30 minutes. Gaming chairs suck, but the Hyken really isn't a great option (at least for me).

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*Unless you're somewhat tall

The lumbar and headrest on this thing was literally killing me until I modded it.

Starburns

Oct 30, 2017
Denver
How does it compare to the popular Herman Miller Aeron or the Ikea long skinny chair forgot what's it called
Very well against both, if you mean the Ikea Markus (or Marcus?).

My company supplied me with a Herman Miller Aeron in the office, and it's great, but we went WFH a few weeks ago. I planned on going back to the Ikea Markus I've had a few years as my gaming chair and have been very good with. But - my daughter had all but staked claim on the Ikea chair, so I ordered a Hyken - and it's really good. Maybe not as good as the Herman Miller, but it's very supportive and comfortable for hours of working on my computer.

Witz

Nov 6, 2017
I just bought it. Been looking for a replacement for my current chair, I'm pretty sure I've had it for over 5 years now. Thanks OP

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Not sure about the butt padding or lack thereof. Also, would the chair work for somebody that's 6'4?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i've had mine for like 6 years, when the pneumatic thing to go up and down stopped working, i ordered one off amazon for like $15, pretty great

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Bruh that's a chair for manlets. Only reason I like gamer chairs is the back support for tall people.

Chiar looks way too small

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
This looks pretty good for 150 bucks. Though most full back mesh chairs are going to be better than any "gaming" chair. If you can justify spending another $100-150, you can get a lightly used pre-owned Steelcase Leap v2 or Herman Miller Aeron from an office furniture liquidator, which both blow this staples chair out of the water. Ergonomics are important.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
I bought a Secret Labs for $500 and coincidentally got it shortly after work from home started. It's amazing, and so much better than the $2-300 office chairs I had used for years. You instantly can tell it's just on a different level than a typical office chair, the materials alone.

But for $150 this Staples chair looks like a good bet.
For real! Bought my son one worth every penny he swears by it! The Secret lab chair I mean😂

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Well designed chairs are worth the investment.

I have an Embody and it made me feel like I'd never sat in a real chair before it. Even compared to my Secret Labs chair, it's just on another level.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Bookmarked it, don't have the money right now. By my current chair is a piece of shit that should've been replaced a decade ago.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
My (non-gaming) chair is starting to come apart, so I appreciate this post & any others with their recommendations in this price range, or if this is the best bang for your buck.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I do this! It makes me prefer chairs with a lot of depth. I need a big ol seat so I can put my everything in it and curl up like a ball, I guess.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017

This is pretty much exactly how I sit at my desk chair most of the time and why I'll probably be ordering a Secretlab chair during their Black Friday sale.

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
I bought this chair last year and it broke within a few hours of getting it. I bought it new, but it was obviously used before me, and legit the night I put it together the hydraulic died and the seat would no longer raise.

Fuck this garbage ass chair, save up and get something better, your back and wallet will thank you.