• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ayato quest was pretty dull a lot of the time. It definitely showed him being a tactician way better than Kokomi's (God that quest sucked) but it could have been better paced.

Itto and Raiden got the best Inazuma quest so far
If you mean Raiden second quest, then I agree. I also recently did Yae's and liked it too. I'd put it 3rd for me. That's mostly due to her personality throughout though.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
I think kazuha had the best stoy quest from inazuma... oh wait.

and yet despite not even getting one he still had the best arc/story in the inazuma questline lol

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But Ayato is imo boring too. He's very pretty and his combat and animations are very stylish, but there isn't much more to him.
Of all the recent Ayato slander, this one cut the deepest...

giphy.gif

Ah, see, whereas I actually really like Ayato and find him entertaining. He's more reserved, sure, but he's still noticeably condescending with a definite sadistic streak in there somewhere, and is the only one of the male cast like that atm so I get a kick outta it. I've swapped to EN for a bit just so I can giggle at his judgey af commentary on my trash item hoarding lol.

I do wish his character quest featured more of that side of him, though. Even if I seem to be the only one here who didn't hate it (which is wild, cuz I'm usually super harsh on Genshin's story telling LOL), it still absolutely could have done something more interesting with him.
As usually I can't vibe with genshin fanbase because I thought Ayato's quest was a rare piece of decent storytelling from the game. And his character refreshingly well rounded rather than relying on some obnoxious anime gimmick like most of them 🤷‍♂️
Well said! He's more subtle since he's the type of character who keeps his cards close to his chest, but I like how he can be perfectly calm and polite, yet a bit quirky at times and ruthless when he needs to be, wielding his intelligence as swiftly as his blade. A depth that rivals the very ocean itself tbh.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Busaiku numbers from mobile number leakers are out.

As I predicted, up in CN a ton but flat/down in Global.

The trends I am seeing, aren't changing either this month. Chasm was a bump but numbers keep slipping. I don't think it's Elden Ring at this point either.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Did you just started playing?
No. I started when the game launched. But I had a roughly 1 year hiatus during which I only logged in and did expeditions every few days.

It would've been much more exciting and would've properly integrated him into the main story than this imo boring palace intrigue and a couple that everyone forgot about. Paimon even had to remind us at the start of the quest.
I mean, they were part of the early Inazuma story that basically everyone disliked and that everyone was glad to leave behind ASAP. But, nope, here they are again, lol.
I remember the couple because of the early Inazuma's quests, especially Lumine and Paimon's reactions to the Hiiragis' requests for delivering letters. Actually, one of the things I like about Genshin's writing is the copious amounts of low-key poking fun at video game quests.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I got triple crowns on Hu Tao / Zhongli / Raiden / Venti - and a single crown on Bennett's burst

Rest of them I'm saving until the next archon (if I have more than 3 I'll probably spend them on Xingqiu / Bennett).

The writing for events lately is boring. I wish I could just skip the dialogue of any character that's not playable, and at least have an option to skip the playable characters too. Exploration is really the only thing this game does right at this point. The combat's gone from engaging to meh, since you eventually will just outpace the content, even at the highest world level. There's no endgame content at all.

I also really, REALLY wish they would just add a skip button for domains and anything else that requires resin. Every other gacha does this (including Honkai!), it's baffling why anyone would need or want to spend time clearing this boring content for the thousandth time. A skip button for dailies would be a godsend as well.

Last edited:

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
What puzzled me a bit is that we didn't get any interaction between Ayaka and Ayato during his quest (oh and the same thing with Shenhe and Chongyun, even if it was teased during her trailer) at all. Maybe so the focus is completely on him?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't all the global numbers based on mobile only? Out of the 3 platforms for the game in global, I feel mobile is easily the least. I feel most global people play on PC or PS4/5.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What are the numbers like?

Still a lot of money, lmao. Lots and lots of money.

This is more just looking at divergent trends, in CN Genshin is a cultural phenomenon and it's not going anywhere. But in global, there's a lot of indicators I've been tracking and talking about for a while that point to waning interest because the game isn't the same for global as it is for CN. I originally pegged this on competition like ER and Lost Ark but the trends aren't really changing and ER being single player has already "come and gone".

Aren't all the global numbers based on mobile only? Out of the 3 platforms for the game in global, I feel mobile is easily the least. I feel most global people play on PC or PS4/5.

There's different trackings. There's a CN user who posts iOS + Android + Consoles, and for global all show the same in this comparison: down/flat MoM for Global while CN shot up a ton.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Gaas losing players after over one year past release is completely normal, GI isn't going to die anything soon and x recent new game being touted as the GI killer is getting old.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I significantly slowed down on Genshin after being at peak content for months and not really feeling pressured to grind anything. There's nothing in the game I really want to do but explore new areas and progress story.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Yeah I am not even remotely worried about the health of this game.
--

Been away these last couple weeks so I have missed most of the discussion since late March. What's the consensus so far on Shinobu and Yelan?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The side stories for the event are far better/more fun than the main attraction lol.

The Itto quest especially, but I liked the sayu/Sara and klee/yoimiya ones a lot still.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Global slowing down while CN is increasing sadly means Genshin is just gonna get more situations where if anything happens CN related, Global will just get fucked as well they already can't be bothered to not push the "alternate" outfits as the new defaults on Global.

Atleast Genshin seemed like it was huge enough globally that it wouldn't just be a Honkai repeat but I guess at some point its just gonna be the same.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Busaiku numbers from mobile number leakers are out.

As I predicted, up in CN a ton but flat/down in Global.

The trends I am seeing, aren't changing either this month. Chasm was a bump but numbers keep slipping. I don't think it's Elden Ring at this point either.
So overall revenue seems to still be up, just more insular?
It's not the worst thing if so, but still kind of sucks, if game direction chases trends only in that region, to the detriment of others.

It can definitely be felt on places like Twitch, which makes it weird that Hoyoverse seems to be ramping down on promoting the game, rather than increasing marketing/promotions.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At 83 pity on the standard banner now... would be a lovely time for Mihoyoverse to announce some changes to it that'll save me from Qiqi C6.

Oh and I forgot to mention my crown status.
Triple crowned: Zhongli, Raiden, Itto, Ningguang
Double: Eula
Single: Tartuga, Ayato (soon to be triple)
Will get crowns at some point maybe: Yae, Kaeya
Will get crowns if they ever release: Baizhu, Dainsleif
Will probably get crowns if they ever decide to exist: Varka

Ithaca

Oct 28, 2017
I've only used 3 crowns - Zhongli skill/burst and Raiden burst. I keep switching my DPS characters and I'm not interested in 36* Abyss clears, so I just kept all their skills at 8 or 9.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
i'm normally not down on the little minigames but man, the flower arrangement thing sucks. I don't care enough to adjust the heights and you just have to wait ten seconds for the game to give you the answer so there's literally no point to anything

this inazuma festival sucks in general, everything still looks kinda miserable. We should have gotten windblume again

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
Gaas losing players after over one year past release is completely normal, GI isn't going to die anything soon and x recent new game being touted as the GI killer is getting old.
A good way to tell if a game is not going to die anytime soon is if everyone is talking about how it is dying and that everyone will move on to another game. Games that actually die are the ones that nobody talks about or even remembers and even then actually no usually those games often still have players.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I'm wondering if global is just tired of Hoyoverse to the rest of us. They cater to China first. There's so much to do and easy fixes for certain characters and they don't seem to listen to our feedback.

Still it's very popular and people continue to make tons of media/art for it.

I've only crowned Ning's AA and Raiden's Skill and Burst.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Crowns, think I'm at...
-Ganyu normal
-Zhongli shield and burst
-Raiden burst
-Xiangling burst
-Aaaaaaand I was sitting on a mountain of crowns and, after getting way too bored of Ganyu, I started using C1 Keqing in the field as my main DPS, she's a ton of fun so YOLO triple crowned her.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
3x crowns: Keqing, Kokomi, Ayaka, Shenhe
2x crowns: Ganyu normals + burst

I was on my way to crowning Venti until the EM buff happened. Focus shifted to other characters but I might still do it at some point.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm fine with the player pop going down because it means there will be more incentive to add qol and ease up on certain things to use in advertising to get people to come back.

Also people are going to come back for Sumeru anyway so I don't think any drop right now means anything.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Aha all these 5 star characters on the same screen! It's like Avengers!

Also they're really taunting us with
Kazuha
in this one. Ugh.

Last edited:

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
I don't normally post my pulls here sorry but this time I gotta mark the occasion

genshinimpact_2022041sikgf.png

genshinimpact_20220413zj12.png

giphy.gif

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Late to the party but here's my crowns:

Xiao: N, S, B
Ganyu: N, S, B
Raiden: S, B
Childe: S, B
Zhongli: S
Sara: S
Kazuha: B
Eula: B
Xiangling: B
Keqing: N
Diluc: N
Ningguang: N

Next is going to Bennett's B. He's earned it.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
The overarching festival quest, with Xingqiu caught in the trap he created by coming up with a beautiful signature he couldn't dash off at a signing, is such an interesting case of a story that sheds a bit of light on a foreign culture in a practical, relatable way. It's not exoticized, just unique to its setting.

Putting time and effort into creating a beautiful signature is just not a Western thing. TBH most of the adults I know have given up whatever attempt they once made and devolved into lazy chicken scratch. I have two signatures these days: a full (awful) signature when I need it & one that's just my initials for credit card checkout lines and stuff. Anything to be quicker and shorter.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
The overarching festival quest, with Xingqiu caught in the trap he created by coming up with a beautiful signature he couldn't dash off at a signing, is such an interesting case of a story that sheds a bit of light on a foreign culture in a practical, relatable way. It's not exoticized or dramatized, it's just unique to its setting.

Putting time and effort into creating a beautiful signature is just not a Western thing. TBH most of the adults I know have given up whatever attempt they once made and devolved into lazy chicken scratch. I have two signatures these days: a full (awful) signature when I need it & one that's just my initials for credit card checkout lines and stuff. Anything to be quicker and shorter.

Yup. I do admire a good signature. I used to sign with full letters and now it's just two letters and two lines.

Also I adored the Statue of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder side story. My favorite so far. So good! So relatable since I collect figures too.... I would totally buy a real Statue of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder too!

I'm really enjoying all the side stories in this festival so far. Activities not so much lol.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't normally post my pulls here sorry but this time I gotta mark the occasion

genshinimpact_2022041sikgf.png

genshinimpact_20220413zj12.png

giphy.gif
....so, the time has come. The end of an era.

As Chairman of the No Diluc Club, I hereby officially accept your resignation from the board. Rest assured that the remaining member(s) of the club will carry on just fine with hope in our heart(s) that we too, will one day be in your shoes. Congratulations! :)

sad-crying.gif

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
As Chairman of the No Diluc Club, I hereby officially accept your resignation from the board. Rest assured that the remaining member(s) of the club will carry on just fine with hope in our heart(s) that we too, will one day be in your shoes.

The No Diluc Club is getting so small, so exclusive, so elite.

Though I have been thinking lately he'd be a nice addition to my collection...

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
So overall revenue seems to still be up, just more insular?
It's not the worst thing if so, but still kind of sucks, if game direction chases trends only in that region, to the detriment of others.

It can definitely be felt on places like Twitch, which makes it weird that Hoyoverse seems to be ramping down on promoting the game, rather than increasing marketing/promotions.

What frustrates me is that this game has co-op networking baked in, but they're doing NOTHING with it. If there were co-op dungeons/musou/Abyss, this game would be blowing up with people playing just to jump in on the satisfying action with friends. Instead, there's no reason for existing players to try and hook their friends if there's nothing to do together…

They're squandering a gold mine. :/

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I have two friends who play often but are much more casual that tend to find a fair bit of stuff to co-op besides boss farming, but yeah, the limited co-op functionality is largely a make your own fun limit that's constrained from almost every direction. Would be really nice if there was anything designed around being friendlier for co-op.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Why oh why many times, is the thing to talk to for a quest NEXT to a thing that's either pointless text or another character that I DO NOT WANT WASTE TIME TALKING TO!? And it's ALWAYS the first option so I need to play attention and click to the proper thing AHHH! I hate the dialogue in this game so much. So much wasted writing and clicking through this stuff.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
It almost feels like MiHoYo is in a rut with keeping their voice actors busy so they don't move on completely to other projects, so they just write walls of text for them to read on a monthly basis.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
My crowns so far:
Hu Tao x3
Ayaka x3
Jean x3
Shenhe (skill, soon to also be burst)

I was also going to give XQ a couple but Yelan complicates that a bit.

Synbios

Oct 27, 2017
i don't know what's going on with the tower defence
but why i can't build anything in the 3rd game? is it bugged?

i even got 2400 points but they won't let me build anything.

oO3ayQD.jpg

edit: the points i am getting from killing is too low, i killed like 20 and didn't get single point from them.
you only get points from kills if you have less than 10 structures alive, so start off with less than 10 to build up some points before you build the rest.
(Also you can get points from mines exploding if you take that power)

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Two weeks and I'm able to upgrade 2 Ayato Talents from 6 to 7. Mihoyo fucking blows with their gated bullshit. It's a total fucking joke. I got zero hands and only 2 I could convert over 2 weeks all while having to fight the long ass boring boss.

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021
No crowns so far. Was very close to crowning Hu Tao's skill but meh.
It's not that I am hoarding them, I just don't feel like I need to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.