• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
Honestly if the rumours are true about the reruns I'm starting to think I'll skip Yoimiya and Ayaka and just go for Xiao and/or Ganyu instead.

That's after I hit the 50/50 pity for a chance at Kazuha of course!

I definitely want to try get Sayu as well! Hopefully she's on Yoimiya's banner rather than Ayaka's. I don't want to risk ruining pity on Ayaka, my cryo sword position is FILLED thank you very much

Still think electro archon looks dull so far

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Curious to hear how people are prepping for Kazuha. I'm still relatively new, still getting to grips understanding things, also, low key kinda stupid.

It seems like his Swirl reactions will be important, and I gather those don't crit? So will his crit rate and crit damage matter much at all? It seems like EM is important to build him (he has a passive boost?), but is there an EM number I will hit where it's better to invest in something else, like attack? I am aiming to get his weapon (which has EM) and I have an EM sands...is this overkill?

I'm struggling to get an Anemo goblet. Even off set. I have exactly 2 5 star ones and they're on Xiao and Jean. I have a LOT of crit rate VV circlets... which is why I'm curious if I will benefit sticking one on Kaz, or should aim for something else. Will he struggle with ER? Is ER better?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to hear how people are prepping for Kazuha. I'm still relatively new, still getting to grips understanding things, also, low key kinda stupid.

It seems like his Swirl reactions will be important, and I gather those don't crit? So will his crit rate and crit damage matter much at all? It seems like EM is important to build him (he has a passive boost?), but is there an EM number I will hit where it's better to invest in something else, like attack? I am aiming to get his weapon (which has EM) and I have an EM sands...is this overkill?

I'm struggling to get an Anemo goblet. Even off set. I have exactly 2 5 star ones and they're on Xiao and Jean. I have a LOT of crit rate VV circlets... which is why I'm curious if I will benefit sticking one on Kaz, or should aim for something else. Will he struggle with ER? Is ER better?
Crit is completely worthless for Swirl, as you stated, it cannot crit. Other abilities can, so while it might not be the preferred stat, it's still better than nothing. His Burst still has decent base damage modifier, and that can crit. His skill also has decent scaling, and that can crit as well. Crit is better on Kazuha than Venti, his direct comparison.

I've done zero math, but looking at his kit, Anemo Damage > EM > ATK = ER > CRIT. His Burst only costs 60 and has a 15 second cooldown. Lasts 8 seconds. It's identical to Venti in that regard.

Oct 27, 2017
Sayu has a passive that makes it easier to get those crystal butterfly things.

Everyone should try to get one copy for that reason alone.

Probably takes the same amount of time to run around the tree to catch 4 butterflies than change one party member.

No attributes to boost EM further... So you will still want ATK/Crit attributes because anemo hits do damage on its own too.

Don't work too hard with Artifacts, it is a bottomless pit, better invest in levels/talents. Heroes 80-90, useful talents 8-9.

If you have VV set, and Anemo cut, and provided stats aren't tragic like flat DEF/HP/ATK, just pump guaranteed progress.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably takes the same amount of time to run around the tree to catch 4 butterflies than change one party member.
Assuming you can get all of them and they don't run away from you.

Also apparently it's stupid hard to get them on mobile due to them running away. Getting a 4* that makes it easier seems like a decent reason to pull in my book. You don't need to level them, just keep them in your exploration party.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Thanks Einbroch and Evolution of Metal! Incredibly helpful. I definitely feel more confident in knowing what I'm doing / what to aim for.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Kazuha is meant to be a sub DPS, so you'll want to build him standard atk/anemo/crit. If you're pushing for more of a support/swirl focus you can go EM/anemo/EM instead, but it's not really his recommended build because you sacrifice a ton of his own potential damage that way for the sake of boosting other characters, when there are better and easier to build options (such as Sucrose) for that role.
Here are the theorycrafting guides from one of the Kazuha Mains discord, they go over all his options: Simple FAQ & Comparison Guide

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Beidou is actually really fun to play, holy shit. And after using her, I'm starting to really like her design and character.

If they were to buff electro, or introduce a 5* that uses a parry mechanic like her, and I'm down in a heartbeat.
She was one of my starters from the beginner banner and boy, the tier lists in the first month were unkind to her!

But yeah, her parry attack feels slow at first because you have to wait for the enemy to attack you, which in early game they take their sweet time. But as harder enemies show up and get more aggressive and harder events or the abyss become available, you almost never end up waiting and are actually watching that cooldown with anticipation. The sky darkening when you hit a perfect parry is super rewarding.

She's great.
… I dread the day another better parry user shows up to eat her lunch, heh.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Beidou really is fun, and that burst no slouch either.

I really wish Beidou's counter didn't have such a (relatively) long reload time. I like playing as her but when razor's skill reloads faster than Beidou's and doesn't need to be used as a counter, it's just not worth it especially when enemies sometimes take ages to attack

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The best part of the game going on is people realising how great most of the 4 stars are, like people are discovering with Beidou
If you're F2P it's hard to argue a C0 5 is going to give you better than a high constellation 4 a lot of the time
Only specific 5 stars like Venti and Zhongli have that high value regardless
Looking at Kazuha, it's gonna be tough up against Sucrose if his best talents are behind expensive constellations

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Not on PC! Got a dedicated key to opening that menu with this patch

And I dunno why you're talking about the tree when you should be talking about the two big caves with a bunch all clustered up. That's the real money right there.

also imagine NOT having Sayu in your default party LMAO

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
Got a random Qiqi off a acquaint from the BP. I went from no Qiqi to C1 within weeks.

I don't even have another Sac. Sword to give her either, I don't know what this kid expects from me

Beidou really is fun, and that burst no slouch either.

As fun as parrying is, her burst absolutely demolishes when there's more than one enemy in front of you. It's really good. I just wish it weren't 80 energy.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Beidou's official birthday art was [chef's kiss]
EzOAmUAVcAMRAga

Her voice is great in every language too
It's bonkers to me that Keqing is a 5 star and Beidou isn't, but I'm glad because of the delicious constellations

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Kazuha is meant to be a sub DPS, so you'll want to build him standard atk/anemo/crit. If you're pushing for more of a support/swirl focus you can go EM/anemo/EM instead, but it's not really his recommended build because you sacrifice a ton of his own potential damage that way for the sake of boosting other characters, when there are better and easier to build options (such as Sucrose) for that role.
Here are the theorycrafting guides from one of the Kazuha Mains discord, they go over all his options: Simple FAQ & Comparison Guide

These are incredibly helpful too! Thank you so much.

veloalee

Aug 22, 2018
These are incredibly helpful too! Thank you so much.
EM/EM/EM performs better than ATK/anemo/crit when there're more than one enemy according to the calculation here: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV16K4y1378L. So just use EM/EM/EM on kazuha and you can got Elemental DMG Bonus at the same time without losing too much damage. But I won't recommend new players to farm EM Artifacts because the probability of getting an EM artifact is quite low.

Last edited:

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
EM/EM/EM performs better than ATK/anemo/crit when there're more than one enemy according to the calculation here: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV16K4y1378L. So just use EM/EM/EM on kazuha and you can got Elemental DMG Bonus at the same time without losing too much damage. But I won't recommend new players to farm EM Artifacts because the probability of getting an EM artifact is quite low.
Interesting... I'm very curious to see what the final word on Kazuha and his builds are gonna be once he's out then, cuz his EN theorycrafters have been of the consensus that EM/EM/EM is not his ideal build for a while now. 👀

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Where's the island with those five musical rocks? I found it before and can't find it again now that I think I have the answer

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Interesting... I'm very curious to see what the final word on Kazuha and his builds are gonna be once he's out then, cuz his EN theorycrafters have been of the consensus that EM/EM/EM is not his ideal build for a while now. 👀

I mean 1.6 EM buff changes everything. Even Venti want lots of EM on his build now (eventhough standard ATK/Anemo/Crit is still competitive with high investment). I think it's gonna comes down to how many swirls reaction that he can proc in actual practice (with ICD and all). It's going to be interesting to see if he leans more to EM build or Crit build at the end of the day.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they'll ever give another use for local specialties. Once you ascend all characters that use X specialty, they're completely worthless...

I guess there's the occasional quest that needs one or two, but... you know, I have way more than that, just 'cause I grab 'em if they're close. Guess I can just stop bothering.

hutna

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they'll ever give another use for local specialties. Once you ascend all characters that use X specialty, they're completely worthless...

I guess there's the occasional quest that needs one or two, but... you know, I have way more than that, just 'cause I grab 'em if they're close. Guess I can just stop bothering.

they are already starting to. Wolf hooks can be used to make dyes for the teapot for example.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
they are already starting to. Wolf hooks can be used to make dyes for the teapot for example.
Well that's a fair point, haha, but I think I meant something more meaningful. Besides, for blue you can also use mint, which I have WAY more of heh. The other two colors have similar common alternatives.

Silk flowers for fabric, though, is a much better use than the alternative, realm currency!

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean 1.6 EM buff changes everything. Even Venti want lots of EM on his build now (eventhough standard ATK/Anemo/Crit is still competitive with high investment). I think it's gonna comes down to how many swirls reaction that he can proc in actual practice (with ICD and all). It's going to be interesting to see if he leans more to EM build or Crit build at the end of the day.
Oh yeah, there was a lot of talk about the EM buff on the Kazuha discord when that came out--as soon as I saw the changes for Venti I immediately hopped over to see if I needed to now swap to an EM build lol--but from what I could gather the folks there didn't think it made a big enough difference with Kazuha to trump the benefits of a standard build in his case. Still, obviously nothing is set in stone until he's out and ppl can test him for real, especially when last minute buffs can be a thing. Either way, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the final agreed upon build for him is gonna be. I'm not exactly a meta chaser, but I do like to build the characters I use as best I can.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, it works the same way as converting gem colors, if you've done that.

Unrelated, AHHHH this sucks, I only have ONE companion set to make and get the gifts for and I need four Blooming Hedges, but you can only buy three a day, and now I gotta wait until tomorrow. It's the only thing I'm missing. ): ): ):

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Beidou and Fischl are characters who would be absolutely disgusting if they were another element. Except for Geo for Beidou.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I have decided, for absolutely arbitrary reasons, to not redeem any of the battle pass rewards until I max it. The only exception was the weapon, 'cause I wanted to get a Serpent Spine for Diluc, 'cause that seems to be recommended.

Can't wait to get those huge fuckin' numbers haha.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Spiral abyss more like genshin swirlpact

Sucrose/Fischl/Xingqiu/Diona destroyed F11 in literally 15 seconds lol

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
TIL you can't do the cumulative 12 stars abyss battle pass thing if you've already gotten the stars. ):

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
God, I'm so sick of how absolutely trash the LOD is in this game. My machine could absolutely murder this game if they just let me. ):

I could've made a better video to demonstrate it but whatever, this is what I saw when I got annoyed this time, so I quick saved it. (Ya gotta full screen to really see how bad it is in the distance, and it's even worse when it's a crisp video instead of highly compressed imgur...)

mihoyo plssssssssssss

): ): ):

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
speaking about Beidou, i found very cool art for her

(i can hear this image)
sr2fz1s3xay61.jpg

(leaker responding to the 3 character leaks from paimon)

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Floor 12-2's second half so much..... I know I can beat it if I can just take out that stupid abyss mage, but if I get stuck in a bubble even once it's p much instant game over. o<--------------<
I shouldn't have waited until right before reset to do this lol.

matthews

Dec 25, 2017
I have decided, for absolutely arbitrary reasons, to not redeem any of the battle pass rewards until I max it. The only exception was the weapon, 'cause I wanted to get a Serpent Spine for Diluc, 'cause that seems to be recommended.

Can't wait to get those huge fuckin' numbers haha.
Didn't redeem the BP weapon until near the end the first time I bought it and that exclamation point really annoyed me.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
New abyss done!! That was fun to see how much anemo characters were buffed. Sucrose did 22.000 swirl damage at some point lol

Oct 27, 2017
Picking Klee for the second team was a mistake, couldnt get that last star :) Water herald doesn't seem to be weak to fire. Switched teams, Klee goes against Electro, Xiao + Fischl against Water and it all worked out. Was close though, no more than 10s left.

Xiao is indeed better if I plunge -> 1-2 swipes -> plunge. Now all of my Gladiator gear is junk: not a single hero who uses it... Will have to hit VV dungeon eventually, no escape.

I really need a 3rd support sword, at the moment, I cannot bring Albedo, Bennet and Xinqui in the same Abyss round.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say, the islands are growing on me. They are visually beautiful, the music is beautiful, they are bigger than they seemed and there is more to explore and uncover than it at first seemed. I also like the Lost kinda lore you pick up on while exploring.
Some photos I took:

51250009927_e9f0900a58_o.png

51250736696_85439a53ff_o.png

51250009987_1456d54352_o.png

51251783945_766af4cb3e_o.png

51250932013_643fda45ed_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.