• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Done with the last 2 challenges.
That event ended up really disappointing, and I'm someone who was super excited at the beginning.
The idea is great - have specific challenges in a randomized map that need to be solved by creating a party out of a fixed roster. And since it uses premade characters, everyone will have the same starting situation and they can actually balance it properly.
Except the roster never changed, the map is basically the same in all challenges, the challenges only slightly change things and overall it's just super easy and really doesn't require any strategy.
As said before, this just feels like they had a great idea and then gave up halfway while implementing it.

It's also starting to get to me that it feels like there is no point in building any characters. Looking back this game has a lot of miscallaneous non-combat events - which is fine, I generally have a lot of fun with these. But now we're even having combat events that bypass your own teams, so..... what am I building characters for? Which is a rough question to ask when the task of "building characters" is literally the only "end-game".

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, but if she was there's still precedent for that to change like Albedo going from bow to sword, so you can never be too sure
I would like the electro catalyst to be Scaramouche if anything, there aren't any male catalyst users yet
Albedo as a bow would have actually been insane. Right now he's very good but doesn't feel like a 5* character in terms of complexity and he has a lot of problems against shields that having an always available Geo charged shot would have helped with, and he could still use regular non-charged shots for the flower activations.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
The leaker folk, whether bullshit or not, keep mentioning "time" in relation to her
So I'm hoping for some Bayonetta "witch time" stuff
So a counter like Beidou's but slows things down as a gimmick
Wouldn't be surprised if it's time fracture, which is something from Honkai. It slows down enemy attacks and typically pauses any in-game timers (such as the Abyss timer).

And yeah that would be a holy-shit powerful ability.

As far as I'm aware Baal is a sword user but who knows. I also wonder what's happening with Dendro. Whether that will be Inazuma or even further out.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I know there's nothing really supporting it, but I just have a really hard time buying that the Raiden Shogun, head of a country based on a culture filled with samurai iconography and strong notions of honor in combat, would end up coming out as a catalyst user. It's got to be some kind of a blade...right?
My suspicion would be an Electro claymore, but one whose attacks are unlike what we see in current claymore users. Based on the effect of electro resonance I'd also expect some kind of boon to energy generation.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
That event ended up really disappointing, and I'm someone who was super excited at the beginning.
The idea is great - have specific challenges in a randomized map that need to be solved by creating a party out of a fixed roster. And since it uses premade characters, everyone will have the same starting situation and they can actually balance it properly.
Except the roster never changed, the map is basically the same in all challenges, the challenges only slightly change things and overall it's just super easy and really doesn't require any strategy.
As said before, this just feels like they had a great idea and then gave up halfway while implementing it.

It's also starting to get to me that it feels like there is no point in building any characters. Looking back this game has a lot of miscallaneous non-combat events - which is fine, I generally have a lot of fun with these. But now we're even having combat events that bypass your own teams, so..... what am I building characters for? Which is a rough question to ask when the task of "building characters" is literally the only "end-game".
yeah... I haven't played the other challenges, but I liked the original idea, but was already disappointed when the second challenge didn't feature different characters.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Funnily enough, i did also get a Physical on-set Goblet for Eula on the very first run i grinded for Zhongli lol
It even turned out good.

But thats also the only on-set goblet i got, the others are off-set and not even good e.e
But yeah they dont exist *looks at my Klee who still suffers 8 months since launch from not having either Critrate Circlet or Pyro Goblet from Crimson Witch to fix her*

Dont even have enough trash pyro goblets for all pyro characters and soon Yoimiya? >.>
Yeb , first run that domain i got that first artifact, it was okay, but as you seen it became trash, every artifact (and the tanacity) was really bad.
I really want some good one for zhongli too, so that domain is 2 in 1 for me.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting the Electro Archon to wield a sword.
Wasn't there a leaked 5 star sword that looks purple that some people said might be for her?

I just hope her design rivals those of Zhongli and Venti.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
Have you ever looked at Sucrose's attack animations? She's just kind of like, push push push. It's kind of charming.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Yesterday, there was an internet outage where I live, and although the internet came back in a few hours, as the modem tried to solve the issue by factoring resetting himself I could not play Genshin through it until my brother realized that he had to reactivate it this morning. Well, luckily using my phone Mobile Hotspot for my PC was a great alternative for it. And to my surprise, this game just uses around 200 MB of data per hour.

Well, anyway, I'm just glad that after that whole ordeal yesterday I could finally get Eula:

6HndMZI.png

L89ESt5.png

Now I just need to grind some Hero's Wit as yesterday, for some reason I went and used most of the hundreds I had to get ten Acquaint Fate from the Ascensions of unused characters. Well, that as I already have her at level 52, I will get that done right away.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017

Given the blocky nature of the dungeon construction I was sort of hoping they might try a rogue-like structure, where the squares that represent the dungeon get shifted around randomly. But so far they haven't designed any rogue-like stuff so I'm fairly certain it's not a priority. I don't really care about the different characters thing, I'm fine using the same characters in different contexts, but that's also sort of missing from the challenges. The traps in the game currently don't amount to much in the way of needing to think around problems. Barreling right through them seems to work in most situations.

I know there's nothing really supporting it, but I just have a really hard time buying that the Raiden Shogun, head of a country based on a culture filled with samurai iconography and strong notions of honor in combat, would end up coming out as a catalyst user. It's got to be some kind of a blade...right?
My suspicion would be an Electro claymore, but one whose attacks are unlike what we see in current claymore users. Based on the effect of electro resonance I'd also expect some kind of boon to energy generation.
Yeah, I personally believe Baal will be a sword user, likely a katana specifically.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Electro Archon could be using conjured weapon like Childe. This guarantees Katana instead of the random 4* swords players might have.

They could even give her multiple purple floating Katanas, that would be pretty cool.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Electro Archon could be using conjured weapon like Childe. This guarantees Katana instead of the random 4* swords players might have.

They could even give her multiple purple floating Katanas, that would be pretty cool.
It really is odd but every time I see a character with floating traditional weapons I get excited. Something about weapons being manipulated in that way is just cool.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I told ya'll this event was half baked after second set unlocked and nothing changed. I don't buy the showcase for characters idea either, as that's also just extremely shallow reasoning if that was MHYs core idea for this whole event.

There might have been an idea in here at some point in the design phase but either they really failed at realizing it, or it just wasn't there to begin with.

It was clear on day 2 that basically nothing actually changed except the name of the dungeon and the mini quests. Day 3 was more of the same. Same strategy works on every map because there's no functional change in any of the six maps.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

The pink lady in the preview had an electro vision too right
We have the archon, her, Scaramouche, and traveller at the very least lol
So how do we divide the weapons between them? Aside from traveller's sword anyway.
Keqing already existing alongside traveller makes me hope it's not another sword.
Lisa has a catalyst.
Razor and Beidou have claymores.
Fischl has a bow.
Nobody has a spear.
I feel like because Zhongli has a spear, and Venti has a bow, the archon shouldn't be those.
Still could be tho, not enough weapons to go around.

Last edited:

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
The pink lady in the preview had an electro vision too right
We have the archon, her, Scaramouche, and traveller at the very least lol
So how do we divide the weapons between them? Aside from traveller's sword anyway.
Keqing already existing alongside traveller makes me hope it's not another sword.
Lisa has a catalyst.
Razor has claymore.
Fischl has a bow.
Nobody has a spear.
I feel like because Zhongli has a spear, and Venti has a bow, the archon shouldn't be those.
Still could be tho, not enough weapons to go around.
Beyond the Traveler and Keqing already using swords with electro, the other reason I leaned claymore more than sword is because by the time the archon comes out, we'll already have just recently had Kazuha and Ayaka on banners as Inazuman 5-star sword users as well. We do already have two electro claymores too, that's true, but they're both 4-stars and as I said, being an archon they can go a bit wilder with her normal attacks so that she doesn't "feel" like a claymore in the way they do, like a claymore with fast, fierce strikes. That would function as a good intersection of her electro abilities while also showing her to be a fierce and powerful combatant.

jRPG

Dec 13, 2017
Actually have anxiety the Mimi Tomo event is going to ruin my exp. I hated the 18 exp from the Unusual Hilichurls, and never went near them again after getting the achievement. I actually just got the last achievement for the related nameplate from today's Elemental challenge in the Misty Dungeon.

In that annoying inbetween after finishing the Battle Pass and waiting for the next update. The livestream should be at the end of this week, right?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Actually have anxiety the Mimi Tomo event is going to ruin my exp. I hated the 18 exp from the Unusual Hilichurls, and never went near them again after getting the achievement. I actually just got the last achievement for the related nameplate from today's Elemental challenge in the Misty Dungeon.

In that annoying inbetween after finishing the Battle Pass and waiting for the next update. The livestream should be at the end of this week, right?

If everything is like normal it should be on Friday

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I think I'll move Bennet up so he can get to lvl 90 through normal xp . He puts in too much work not to be up there.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017

Here's what you're not considering.

The Shogun from tid bits and information explicitly has NO HONOR

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
still salty about getting Keqing on his banner 😔 I will have re-run redemption

Do you have Zhongli? Because I really like playing Xiao, but I would hesitate to recommend him without Zhongli. They're kinda inseparable.
He really smooths out Xiao's issues, and vastly reduces the chances of you getting clipped through the ceiling by a projectile.
I don't think there's a character with wackier physics problems, today I jumped and plunged off a hillichurl tower and got stuck in a high speed poledance on a plank of wood

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Do you have Zhongli? Because I really like playing Xiao, but I would hesitate to recommend him without Zhongli. They're kinda inseparable.
He really smooths out Xiao's issues, and vastly reduces the chances of you getting clipped through the ceiling by a projectile.
I don't think there's a character with wackier physics problems, today I jumped and plunged off a hillichurl tower and got stuck in a high speed poledance on a plank of wood
I would say he needs an Anemo battery as well. Venti, Sucrose, and Jean can all get the job done. Even Anemo Traveller could work as well if you don't have any of these. Ideal team would be Xiao, Jean, Zhong Li, Bennett. His C1 helps with his energy issues as well.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
they really need less events that are glorified abyss trials lol.

Its obviously easier but they need more events that tie into the exploration and movement side of things than "heres another combat arena against the same mobs"

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I would say he needs an Anemo battery as well. Venti, Sucrose, and Jean can all get the job done. Even Anemo Traveller could work as well if you don't have any of these. Ideal team would be Xiao, Jean, Zhong Li, Bennett. His C1 helps with his energy issues as well.
Xiao, Jean, Zhongli, Bennett have been my go to spiral team since Xiao's release
I used to see a lot of "why would you use Jean over Venti?" or "why have Jean and Bennett together"
Now people using Jean/Bennett layered ults to nuke the abyss lectors has me mad smug, it's the one and only strategy I didn't rob off youtube just because it's the overinvested Xiao ult insurance kit especially when you add Zhongli's res shred

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017

yep! Zhongli was my first banner 5*
I have Sucrose and Jean for energy options, too. The poledance thing actually happened to another player who joined my world as Zhongli once. I was chilling out on The Crux, they jumped off the side of the boat and got stuck spinning upside down on one of the planks lmao

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There are some buggy things with plunge. One time I was plunging with Kaeya and ended up caught on a crystal ore next to a big geo slime. Kaeya basically continued to plunge, constantly dealing chip damage to the crystal ore until it finally broke. I even got the Geronimo achievement from it lol.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
they really need less events that are glorified abyss trials lol.

Its obviously easier but they need more events that tie into the exploration and movement side of things than "heres another combat arena against the same mobs"

This event had potential, so it ending up like a glorified Domain/Abyss is more of a problem of vision/execution.

Could have had the map change or the characters change or some more interesting effects than "traps" which do basically nothing. The premise originally sounded like a roguelite dungeon crawler but it just ended up being a (Domain but slightly larger with 8 domains inside of it) x 6. I think the only thing that actually changed appreciable was that the trials were randomly positioned (hence them presenting it like a roguelite) but that was pretty much irrelevant since the map is too small and the timer too long for the layout changes to have any practical impact. It's also not even big changes of position since there's only like 8 total rooms, and center room is always the final challenge. So permutations are small and not meaningful.

I am not even sure what some of the "debuffs" or whatever were, I cleared the last four trial days with the same comp (Albedo, Noelle, Keqing, Mona) clearing every challenge in one go. I had to do two runs on the day 1 healing one because it was too difficult to take damage.

----

I actually would rather play more Windtrace than more of this, I warmed up on Windtrace by the end as it was much better with friends.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Make Raiden all about mobility and timing

Her skill could be an attack where the hold version has a built in dodge

Her burst has her charge forward in a line and can be held. If held and released like a parry right when the opponent is about to hit her every enemy hit by her burst will be frozen in time or move in slow motion for a moment

Passive talent is perfect dodge where dodging an attack at the last moment refunds a portion of the stamina used for the dash

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue is he looks extremely identical due to the hair and sameface going on. His further design is different, yes, but his face and hair style (and colors) make him look like Aether and a lot of us notice it and it sticks out really badly.
This is one hundred percent true!

At first glance.

Then you look at him again and actually compare the faces and realize Kazuha isn't any closer to Aether than he is to anyone else, besides hair color. If he had a more distinct hair color, nobody would have ever made it a thing in the first place, because that's literally all there is! So, we've got... Paler skin, bleached-er hair, more relaxed/dispassionate eyes, different eye colors... I'd say the point on which they meet the most is the messy hairstyle, but most of the cast has messy (read: hyper designed anime character) hairstyles!

I did a flip through all the characters after typing this to confirm I wasn't making things up and I am very amused that the male character with the cleanest hair style is the drunken layabout bard. Xingqiu is also relatively clean, but who cares about him!!

anyway this is obviously a lil gnome head

KpnSCbq.png

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Make Raiden like the rest of the archons, the best supports for their elements.

Mostly because I'm sick of main DPS units every new banner.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Anyone use the Serpent Spine for their main DPS? How is it? Thinking about getting it

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jean, Barbara and Klee in 1.6 stream

None of ya'll believed me when I said there would be a Jean banner, even if that means three 2-week banners in 1.6.

No way they're selling a skin for a premium for a character you can't reliably get for at least a short banner.

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone use the Serpent Spine for their main DPS? How is it? Thinking about getting it

who will equip it?

I'm using it for Eula
low ATK compared to other 4* claymore but it's Crit Rate substat let me use Crit DMG headpiece. too bad my artifact substat doesn't have ATK% so my ATK is quite low

ATK 1595 with 65% CR and 214% CD

but to be fair, before Eula, I never need to use it. all other 4* claymore is quite good.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame that it looks like they're going with the detached sleeves version of Jean's skin, I liked the full shirt version more and was even tempted to get it if it looked good on-model.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
who will equip it?

I'm using it for Eula
low ATK compared to other 4* claymore but it's Crit Rate substat let me use Crit DMG headpiece. too bad my artifact substat doesn't have ATK% so my ATK is quite low

ATK 1595 with 65% CR and 214% CD

but to be fair, before Eula, I never need to use it. all other 4* claymore is quite good.

For my Eula. Have been trying to get a billet for the Snow Tombed Starsilver, but after 4 weeks i've gotten no luck. Thinking the serpent spine might be my safest choice right now

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
For my Eula. Have been trying to get a billet for the Snow Tombed Starsilver, but after 4 weeks i've gotten no luck. Thinking the serpent spine might be my safest choice right now

it might be her BiS 4* weapon
her total ATK will depend on her artifact substat, or you could use ATK in her goblet (I'm using Physical DMG)

I got quite lucky with CRIT Rate substat though

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
The room you get the blueprint in. You have to light the torches in it and you get the sword.

Yep just googled it, thanks!

her total ATK will depend on her artifact substat, or you could use ATK in her goblet (I'm using Physical DMG)

The Crit rate on the Serpent is better than the Phys DMG on the Starsilver for Eula?

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017

I got crit dmg at 180% but only a 30% crit rate, might end up buying another BP next month and getting that one, chose black sword by a mistake in current BP soz

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The Crit rate on the Serpent is better than the Phys DMG on the Starsilver for Eula?
I got crit dmg at 180% but only a 30% crit rate, might end up buying another BP next month and getting that one, chose black sword by a mistake in current BP soz
I use the Serpent Spine on Diluc and I'm convinced it's the best 4 Star Claymore in the game. His damage output has almost doubled since I switched out the Prototype Archaic, and that's because my Diluc really can use some better artifacts. They're subpar pretty much and he still hits like a truck now.

And yes I think it's already been confirmed by testers and theory crafters that it's also Eula's BiS 4 Star. You lack the big attack numbers on your stat screen sure, but the damage you gain from 5 stacks of its passive more than makes up for it. Also I imagine you're running Eula with Diona? The Serpent Spine's passive is very easy to keep up with a shield support.

Although if you want Snow Tombed on Eula for aesthetic purposes I can't knock that either. It's still a really good Claymore for her specifically.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
I use the Serpent Spine on Diluc and I'm convinced it's the best 4 Star Claymore in the game. His damage output has almost doubled since I switched out the Prototype Archaic, and that's because my Diluc really can use some better artifacts. They're subpar pretty much and he still hits like a truck now.

And yes I think it's already been confirmed by testers and theory crafters that it's also Eula's BiS 4 Star. You lack the big attack numbers on your stat screen sure, but the damage you gain from 5 stacks of its passive more than makes up for it. Also I imagine you're running Eula with Diona? The Serpent Spine's passive is very easy to keep up with a shield support.

Although if you want Snow Tombed on Eula for aesthetic purposes I can't knock that either. It's still a really good Claymore for her specifically.
Zhongli for now, Diona has to be raised when I finish with main 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.