• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryhian

Jan 23, 2018
Tried to boot it on my iphone 7, got a white screen and it crashed lol.
I know it's not out yet, but I figured i'd be able to see a menu screen or something.

iPhone 7 isnt officially supported. I know some have gotten the music to play, but had a black screen and nothing loaded on iPhone 7. But no telling if it will actually be able to load into the game/have any type of decent frame rates.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tried to boot it on my iphone 7, got a white screen and it crashed lol.
I know it's not out yet, but I figured i'd be able to see a menu screen or something.
If you're unable to see the main menu, you're unable to play that game with that device most likely.
genshin.mihoyo.com

Genshin Impact – Step Into a Vast Magical World of Adventure

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG. In the game, set forth on a journey across a fantasy world called Teyvat. In this vast world, you can explore seven nations, meet a diverse cast of characters with unique personalities and abilities, and fight powerful enemies together with them, all...

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
iPhone 7 isnt officially supported. I know some have gotten the music to play, but had a black screen and nothing loaded on iPhone 7. But no telling if it will actually be able to load into the game/have any type of decent frame rates.
If you're unable to see the main menu, you're unable to play that game with that device most likely.
genshin.mihoyo.com

Genshin Impact – Step Into a Vast Magical World of Adventure

Genshin Impact is an open-world action RPG. In the game, set forth on a journey across a fantasy world called Teyvat. In this vast world, you can explore seven nations, meet a diverse cast of characters with unique personalities and abilities, and fight powerful enemies together with them, all...

Ahh ok. I'll be playing on PS4 but was just curious about it on mobile.

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Just got it on mobile and it's taking forever to finish downloading. I wasn't aware the game was on PS4 or PC.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished downloading on my phone. Not planning on doing mass rerolls, but I will do 2 emails on mobile, and play a bit on ps4. Whatever rolls turn out the best for me I'll probably stick with.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
I'm literally stunned that my iPad Pro 9.7 isn't supported but then I realize it's running a A9X so that might be why. Kinda shocked this isn't also on Mac OS.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
Can't believe it will be here in less than 24 hours. A lot of talk will inevitably be centered around character draws in the beginning, but I'm looking forward to hearing about people's experience about the story and exploration the most.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Damn the fact that there is no cross-save between PS4 and the other platforms really sucks. Well, at least that made it easy for me to download the PC version. And wow, I really glad that I went and try to launch the android version of the game after I saw that it was downloaded, as I wasn't expecting that snail pace 6GB download. It is good that I checked that before going to bed.

Abylim

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 29, 2017
Just watched a ton of videos on this... trying not to be over hyped. >_<

AppleSautts

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I've only heard about this game in passing before today but after looking at some screenshots and a tiny bit of footage I'm going all in.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
This being a hot new GAAS , I hope we don't get any first day online problems, I have very short free time on the 28th so no time for bullshit.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Preloaded on PC, but will preload on iPhone 11 as well, interested to see how it looks visually.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like I am missing something easy - I preregistered months ago, but can't figure out how to preload on PS4...apologies if already been asked and answered.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
You guys are not ready for how beautiful this game is. Some pics I took during CBT3:
It looks incredible, as does the amount of content to go at.

Really good OT and thanks again for the help and info in the previous thread.

I feel like I am missing something easy - I preregistered months ago, but can't figure out how to preload on PS4...apologies if already been asked and answered.
Not live yet.

Last edited:

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
On my iPad Pro it just displays a white screen, and it's supposed to work fine. Also shame there is no cross save between iOS/PS4 cause I would like to sign up with my Apple ID.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I was hyped for this and set an iOS alert for it, just found out my iPhone 7 Plus can't play it haha, trial bummer like

Oct 27, 2017
Had the notification for Android, I'm downloading the pre-release PC version right now.

Opted for PC instead of PS4 because of performance and cross platform support

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Got the $10 starter bundle on PS4, and have it predownloaded and ready to go. This was another game that slipped by me, as I forgot it was releasing this year.

I don't particularly care about rolling and re-rolling characters, so I'm just going to jump right in and roam around. I love the look of the art design from what I've seen from a few preview videos I've watched. I'm a sucker for a fun action-rpg, and the combat in this one looked pretty damn good!

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
it's the 10.5. Also this is the first time I am seeing a dev saying on the app store page that a device is supported when it isn't (regarding older devices).
yea it's weird. Seems like it's not under their control.
In the game description they listed iphone 8/ipad pro gen 2 and above. But the appstore listed a lot more supported devices.

Muras

Oct 28, 2017
Well, got it installed and downloading on Linux...

gi_install.jpg

But honestly, I'm not expecting the game to work since I heard it has a kernel level anti-cheat, which doesn't bode well. But hey, can't hurt to try and find out, heh. Not like there's much to lose...

RedFlo

Aug 16, 2019
Anyone else having the problem, that you get an empty page, after clicking on the PC download?

Jan 9, 2018
For the iPhone, here in Japan it says the servers will be in maintenance until 11 (4 hours from now) it will be the same time everywhere?

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
Does the game support controllers on iOS? Also, have they said if there is a possibility of offering cross save support in the future?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Guys and gals, don't forget there will be a pre-release Genshin Impact stream on Tokyo Game Show in a little less than two hours!

I don't know what this stream will be like, but their last stream had an abundance of new info, trailers and new characters.

Really good OT and thanks again for the help and info in the previous thread.

Aww...thank you. :)
I'm just happy and also kinda overwhelmed the game is now at last getting all the attention it imo deserves. When I first started the other Genshin thread I would sometimes have to double or even triple post with new info or footage, because after a day or two no one else had replied, lol.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm downloading it right now. I didn't want to get back into gacha games but this game seems to have a lot going for it like a good story, fun gameplay and a great looking open world. Hope my phone can handle it. If it can't run it then i have play it on my Slim.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Reinstalling the app and letting it run for a while solved this for me on my iPad Pro.

I had this problem with quite a few games on both my old iPad 2018 and the new 2019, I'm curious how much free space do you have? I speculated low memory might be the cause and the OS eventually freeing-up cache to get more space.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is this the kind of game you can "beat"

Is there a main story, and if so can it be beaten in a reasonable time without spending loads to make that easier?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is this the kind of game you can "beat"

Is there a main story, and if so can it be beaten in a reasonable time without spending loads to make that easier?

There is a big, overarching story that you won't be able to beat for a couple of years, I guess, but each region has its own self contained story with a proper ending that you can beat. Just focusing on story there is nothing to pay for that makes it easier or faster. You in general don't need to pay a single cent on any of that. It plays like a regular JRPG in this regard, where you also can't pay to make it go easier. ;)

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
And wow, I really glad that I went and try to launch the android version of the game after I saw that it was downloaded, as I wasn't expecting that snail pace 6GB download. It is good that I checked that before going to bed.
I was gonna post this pretty much exactly, lol. I usually never care about preloads or similar, because I'm the type who rarely plays a game on day 1 anyway, but it sure would have sucked to have to wait fifteen thousand years to play if I hadn't opened it until the actual moment I felt like playing. I wasn't even thinking about this when I launched it this morning -- I just thought I'd check if I needed to set up an account, get a peek at the menus, etc. I guess I should have known (I've played enough gacha games with 20mb apps and 2gb additional data), but it really was pure luck that I thought to click the app early.

Status
Not open for further replies.