• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That's just the armor he gets rid of 10 minutes into the movie, though, isn't it? Who cares?

rein

Apr 16, 2018
D6mRsU9W4AERvpI.png

Ewww wtf is that??

Any creature that you put in an armor will look like digimon.

Oct 26, 2017
As much as I hate how overdesigned it is for the remake, that is certainly a hot take considering you're generalizing an entire generation off of 1 bad design in 2019 as opposed to judging the designs that took place in the late 1990s (hell Armored Mewtwo in the first movie was a cleaner design than this).

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
If you're going to go Digimon you might as well go all the way with rockets and miniguns, they turned Mewtwo into a mid-tier Digimon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
As much as I hate how overdesigned it is for the remake, that is certainly a hot take considering you're generalizing an entire generation off of 1 bad design in 2019 as opposed to judging the designs that took place in the late 1990s (hell Armored Mewtwo in the first movie was a cleaner design than this).

No way, no one could ever do that!

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Tell that to the people generalizing all generations past Gen 4 based on 2 designs that aren't even bad, just unusual.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
So normally the "this Pokemon looks like a Digimon" takes are just weirdos who still carry around a meaningless rivalry from when they were kids trying to justify their reasoning for not having nostalgia for newer designs by equating it to a similar thing they never liked.

But, err, that's a Digimon.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Why is this a good thing?

Honestly why?

Because I love Pokémon from all gens and would love to see them represented equally.

Why is giving one preferential treatment in any shape or form a good thing?

Please tell me? I really want to know.
Because Gen I is the best generation.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
So so we know if this is just Giovanni's armour for it, or something else entirely?

Gifmaker

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Note how that design is the armor and not, you know, the Pokémon

Gen 1 continues to rule supreme.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
User Warned: Antagonistic drive-by posting.
Genwunner trash is already here, good. Another thread to put in ignore with some users.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
The only improvement is that it looks like this can fold up into a box. But there are ways to execute that idea without... this...

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Because they made a movie with a plethora of representation from all gens and now need to even that out with another Gen 1 wank fest

Eh... I wouldn't even say Detective Pikachu was that good on representation of all the gens. It was still primarily a Gen 1 fest.

Gen 1: 30
Gen 2: 6
Gen 3: 4
Gen 4: 1 (Literally only Tortrerra for Sinnoh)
Gen 5: 8
Gen 6: 4
Gen 7: 2
Total: 55 of the 809.

Splits figured out using: https://www.serebii.net/movies/detectivepikachu/

Doesn't count stuff like background posters or statues.

At least it sounds like this isn't going to be in Sword and Shield. Thank goodness for that.

Nov 1, 2017
As someone who is sick of the genwun pandering, I am delighted that this movie looks so bad.

I hope the next remake of the first movie shrinks Mewtwo's head even more and gives him more spikes.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
It's just armor. Not an evolution or anything, it's literally just armor, like the one already present in the original movie.

It does look awful.

lmao what is that gif even supposed to mean here? A game with Alolan forms, Mega Evolution and a brand new pokémon that is literally a nut is supposed to be some game for purists? Don't think so.

Last edited:

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Me, seeing the thread title: Oh, this will be interesting.
Me, reading the OP: oh nevermind it's the same as it always is.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Me, seeing the thread title: Oh, this will be interesting.
Me, reading the OP: oh nevermind it's the same as it always is.

Right? It might be the most misleading thread title I've seen in a long time. Provides one extremely niche, random example that's:

a) Just some promotional art from a movie not even out yet, and
b) Not even from one of the games

And then makes a thread stating all Gen1 Pokemon look like Digimon? What?

Deleted member 24021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And thank god for that.

I agree, every game should stop at the first, fuck advancement and improvement.

This right here. Gen I hate will never be not funny to me.

It wouldn't be hated nearly as much if GameFreak didn't try to force nostalgia on their fanbase. Trying to cater to lapsed fans that played Pokémon Red for one summer and never touched the series again, while ignoring what the current fanbase wants, is what's causing the hate for Gen 1.

I enjoy playing through any of the Gen 1 games, hell I'm currently playing through Leaf Green as well and I finished Let's Go Pikachu, but the constant pandering and reminders of Gen 1 is getting tiresome.

Last edited:

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mewtwo always looked like shit, adding more armor didn't suddenly make him worse.