• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I saw people predicting Bayonetta 3 or Viewtiful Joe as the 4th title, pretty interesting in hindsight...

Oct 29, 2017
Platinum has settled into that "post-Cars Pixar" phase of its lifespan where every other project or third project is actually worthwhile, so that this announcement is nothing is rather a blessing in disguise for their legacy.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Platinum has settled into that "post-Cars Pixar" phase of its lifespan where every other project or third project is actually worthwhile, so that this announcement is nothing is rather a blessing in disguise for their legacy.
Gonna need the receipts on that claim. Every project they have released has still been A+. In fact, their rougher titles were some of their earliest (Madworld, Anarchy Reigns) or licensed projects with no development time (Turtles). All of their big budget projects have been excellent, including their most recent big releases (Astral Chain, Nier Automata).

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Outside pf Korra, Turtles and Transformers, i.e. their lpw budger licrnsed work, what exsctly leads to your logic.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Gonna need the receipts on that claim. Every project they have released has still been A+. In fact, their rougher titles were some of their earliest (Madworld, Anarchy Reigns) or licensed projects with no development time (Turtles). All of their big budget projects have been excellent, including their most recent big releases (Astral Chain, Nier Automata).
Yep, anti-Platinum posts are usually based on wacky claims that portray the exceptions as the rule. It's so disingenuous to dismiss Platinum for a handful of rushed and underfunded titles, when the majority of their output is top quality.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do this stuff when you are an established quirky pub like Devolver, otherwise it's just corny.

Rodento

Dec 28, 2017
So it really seems that was the fourth announcement. When I was watching it I tought for a second that a retro shoot'em up with Platinum involved could be really cool, but then finding it's only a joke... well, I don't know if they should be doing this kind of things, moreso after hyping It.

Maybe this could be really a thing in the same vein of Yakuza 7 becoming an RPG, but if it is the case, I don't think this was the best approach to announce it.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So that was really it, wow
That means enough people at Platinum thought this was a good idea. The fuck

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Platinum doesn't have a perfect track record including one cancellation but what they release is generally very solid
Bayonetta3, Project G, Astral Chain, Babylons Fall and whatever help they give Nier are enough to keep their legacy going they will do FINE

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
??? Because its an announcement that was slated for April Fool's Day?
1) There was no indication of this till like what a week ago? If you announce something over a month before April Fools I don't think it's asking much to expect something.

2) Legit announcements are still made on April Fools, so again when you hear someone say "We're announcing four things" my first instinct isn't going to be that they'd make one a total waste of time.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
wait...so Sol Cresta is not real...

I wouldn't mind it honestly lol I love good shmups. Good joke by Kamiya

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I wish the twitter feed would either confirm that there's another announcement happening down the line or tell us there isn't one now that they've broke kayfabe.

I'm getting less hopeful by the hour though, if there really was a fourth game coming I would have assumed they'd have said by now.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
When you name your months long marketing campaign "Platinum 4" and end it on an April fools joke, i.e. nothing as the 4th announcement, people will be disappointed almost by default.
Yeah. That was incredibly stupid.

I'm going to assume this is just an April Fool's joke and then there will be a fourth "real" announcement at a later date. Because that is the only thing that makes logical sense.

Having the fourth announcement to a campaign that has been going for about two months actually unironically be an April 1st joke just doesn't compute.
Yeah, lol.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'd feel worse for people upset if speculation over the Platinum 4 hadn't been loaded with hilariously overwrought shit like the port begging for Bayo and Astral Chain. A goofy move and poorly timed with the state of the world, but pretty clever.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I'm just going to go forward assuming there's an actual 4th announcement coming at some point. Having it be an April Fool's joke would be stupid beyond any believable extent.

diegdm

Feb 6, 2019
I'm just going to go forward assuming there's an actual 4th announcement coming at some point. Having it be an April Fool's joke would be stupid beyond any believable extent.
Me too. I hope to wake up tomorrow to find that either a real announcement has been made or that the Platinum 4 web is back to "Coming soon".

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I'm not really salty about this, but I was looking forward to what the last announcement was. I do however think it was really lame to have it be this though. I want to believe something else is coming, but I'm not holding out hope.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
some of you really are only hurting yourself thinking a real announcement is coming soon

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
The low effort is what really sucks. This replaces Mutants in Manhattan as the lamest thing they've ever done.