• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I got really into For Honor and could probably hold my own against 80% of the playerbase rn.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Slightly not trash at online card games when I'm actively playing them. I'm usually not the one to end HMS runs in DL, but it's been a while as a healer/ranged.

snesiscool

Feb 15, 2018
Splatoon 2 (Turf War), Minecraft (server minigames), and World of Warplanes. I get absolutely destroyed in Mario Kart 8 and sometimes do OK in Titanfall 2. And for some reason I just can't grasp the other two Wargaming games, especially World of Tanks.

MontlyCure

Oct 27, 2017
FL
Consistently Champ in Rocket League. I'm certainly not amazing but I think I'm pretty ok.

I was a beast with the flame thrower in Rising Storm and got some pretty clutch wins playing squad leader as well. I'll probably never be that good at an online game again.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I play Rocket League, Fortnite, Warframe, Monster Hunter, Tetris 99, and Super Smash Bros. online with some regularity. You've made me realize that I pretty much suck at every single one of them. Thanks, OP. My letter grade also sucks in Splatoon 2's ranked modes, but I'm usually a key team member and almost always have the most coverage in Turf War, at least. And I always have the best outfit?

Oh, I got one -- I'm super good at Kind Words. People sometimes pay me to write stuff for work, so if there were rankings for Kind Words, I'd probably be way up there.

Yeah. Way up there. I'm good at stuff.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborne

I've helped tons of people through the toughest parts of the chalice dungeons and DLC. It's not competitive so not sure if it counts.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dota 2 back when my MMR was low, then i kept playing the same character and the MMR went high than tried all the different characters in alphabethic and get wreck every single game.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
I like to think that I haven't outright sucked in any competitive online multiplayer game I've actually put some decent time in.

I was pretty decent in TLOU and UC4 multiplayer.
I'd win my fair share of duels in Dark Souls 1-3.
I would usually be in the top half of the leaderboard on my team in Titanfall 2 and Destiny 1-2.
I have numerous high-damage and high-kill games in Apex Legends with a variety of heroes, and I've also gotten solo victories in multiple matches in the normal 3-person game mode.
I'm a Diamond-level player in Overwatch, which makes me an above average player.

I am pretty bad at fighting games though! Just don't have the patience for them to rise above "suck" levels.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty much only Apex if you only count FPS/TPS games. I'm really good at MTG but i don't know if that counts.

I don't play much online competitive gaming and the only reason i am good at Apex is because i have put a metric shit load of time into it.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Only Rocket League where I am usually platinum which I think is above average.

I would like to play other games but every one I've tried is shit at letting new players build up their skills so I can't play them. If anyone knows a game where new players are only playing against other new players and the balancing is great please let me know.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Circa 2007 I was probably one of the best pure last-hitters/farmers in DotA. My squad used to run into a lot of the big names in modern competitive LoL and Dota 2 and whoop their asses.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Gears apparently. Played a shit ton of Gears 1 (and then 2) multiplayer and got good. Tried Gears 5 multiplayer and have been doing pretty good so far. Still some new mechanics I'm unfamiliar with since the beginning of the series.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
700 hours of fucking about in TF2 and Overwatch and I STILL can't aim worth a damn.
I got no game sense too.
FPS's ain't it for me, chief.

I don't really play anything else online, so I couldn't tell you if I sucked or not.

ron_bato

Oct 25, 2017
Really Great: NBA 2K

Good: The Last of Us Factions, Battlefield 3 and 4, Titanfall 2

Bad: EA Sports UFC 3 (I lose as many fights as I win and can get into some really bad salty streaks)

Djost1kk

Jan 14, 2018
Russia
probably some CoD games back in the day, GTA SAMP, Rainbow Six: Siege, Uncharted MP, Last of Us MP, Titanfall, Battlefield. Well basically any FPS where you have to aim fast and shoot nice. But I'm worse now.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty decent at Titanfall 2. Regularly MVP and have carried my team and won plenty of times.

I was also ok at Seige but I stopped playing because the community is too toxic.

And I'm okish in Tekken. I used to be a pro during the golden age of COD though. I got so many salty messages after every game on MW2 and MW3. It was a lot of fun.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
above average on Battlefield, Call of Duty and racing games
average at fighting games and battle royale games

get utterly destroyed in rts games

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
In Metal Gear Online, I racked up points by being a sniper shooting down fulton balloons. Occasionally when I felt dangerous, I would headshot at most two opponents, immediately find a new spot and repeat.
Any other class and I sucked. I discovered the same thing about Sniper in DotA 2.

Edit:
Recently I played two online pes 2019 matches. I lost my first match but won my second by a landslide.
So statistically speaking, I'm half decent at the game haha

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Decent at FPS games, such as CSGO and Overwatch. But yeah, just decent, not bad, also not that good.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I was a twitchy teenage terror back in the days of Halo Combat Evolved on PC.

I can more or less hold my own in Battlefield these days. Not great, but I usually don't suck.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm good at shooters and I suck at fighting games.

These are what I mainly play.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Smash Bros Ultimate is about the only game where I really know what I'm doing and can win about half the time.

... Like, I'm nowhere near pro level and wouldn't get too far in local tourneys, but online battles go pretty well for the most part. End up winning a lot of those quick online tourneys,

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Im pretty good at rocket league. My air game sucks though so obviously not as good as the top tier players.

I'm also generally great at FPS games like Cod + BF.

Also depending on the fighter I'm either really good (Street fighter 4) or really shit (street fighter 5)

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm adequate at Monster Hunter, but only through experience rather than skill. I don't really play competitive ones but I can't imagine I'd be any good at them- the general skill level of people playing Street fighter etc compared to when I was playing in the arcades 25+ years ago is so high now every time I glance at it.

Oct 29, 2017
Sometimes I luck out and perform well for a while in the Trackmania series. Remarkably friendly online competitive scene! The players are usually from all over the world, and everyone usually throws each other a gg at the end.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars Battlefront II. I usually place top 3 in HvV mode.

Jedi Academy I do well enough to never get too frustrated.

Lemrik

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I think I´m not bad at FPS games (Overwatch, COD, CSGO,...) and all sorts of Nintendo games (Tennis, Kart, Smash, Splatoon,...)
But boy do i suck at games like Civ and AoE.

Nov 8, 2017
Came in to say Mario Kart 8. I still play it occasionally, and I'm always amazed how many people are still playing online on the Wii U version.

Jun 17, 2018
I'm above average at most shooters. I thought I would suck at Gears 5 but I can usually land within the top 2 players in the team in most games.

Counter strike is a game where I always suck at the first few rounds and then I'm back in the game.

I am horrendous at RTS games online though, I still enjoy them but I always lose. I'm not too hot at Battlefield either, I was always good at BC2 but now it feels like a meat grinder and I'm constantly waiting to spawn.

BratmanDu

Mar 27, 2018
Watchdogs 1/2 - I don't really play online multi anymore, but the 'integrated into campaign' invader stuff is right up my alley in WD - wish more games had multi like this. Pretending to be an npc, stealthing around, acting casual, causing cars to crash for cover/distraction, or hunting down a hacker disguised as an npc is the best laughs I've had online in years and I seemed to be pretty good at it.

pahlke1

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane
I've always been good at Uncharted's multiplayer like crazy good. Complete and utter dog shit at Halo, Gears, COD, Battlefield.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Firewall on PSVR with Aim controller. I suck at FPS games these days but there is something about VR that lets me play how I want to play.

Using a controller and TV I always know what I want to do but I guess I just can't get my thumbs to move the thumbsticks to move the screen to the exact point I want it to. Using an Aim controller in VR I can move myself quickly and line up my shots with ease.

Firewall PSVR/Aim has got me to love FPS games again, can't wait to see how they evolve.