• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
dd4f2296-2186-45d6-b42a-10966b4f9263_text.gif

Crazy it last as long as it did haha

Doomburrito

Feb 9, 2018
Huh, so they wouldn't be charging me until 2022 anyway, but I can't turn off recurring billing. Contacted support and they couldn't either. Now they're "looking into it". Well, I'm sure it will be resolved in the next two years anyway!

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Tried it currently, but don't see the option myself. I took advantage of the conversion from gold to Ultimate deal that was shared in another thread last year though. Not sure if that factors in for me or not.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As part of this whole thing they turned my recurring billing back on and I'm unable to turn if off. I contacted MS yesterday and they told me to try again in 3-5 business days. Anyone able to successfully "re-disable" recurring billing?
iWL92F7.png

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
As part of this whole thing they turned my recurring billing back on and I'm unable to turn if off. I contacted MS yesterday and they told me to try again in 3-5 business days. Anyone able to successfully "re-disable" recurring billing?
iWL92F7.png
Yeah i've been trying to do this for the past week and still no go

EDIT: i went into my microsoft account online and there was a new notice that said my gamepass ultimate sub has expired so i was able to click renew and update my sub to what i wanted.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Mine finally updated saying that my Gamepass subscription has expired. It's over but they didn't try and charge anything extra so I'm good with it. I'll finish My Friend Pedro some other time lol.

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

I am in the same boat. Recurring billing is on. My sub renews on February 21, 2020 and I don't want it renewed. Get an error when I try to cancel, change the plan, or change payment method.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah so now game pass is expired for me and I can't even modify the subscription on either my console or the website. This is totally messed up.

Stoopkid

Oct 27, 2017
Yea Microsoft screwed me over too. Had to contact support and they gave me a free month. But no 0.05 deal anymore...

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
Mine says it was cancelled
but I'm still able to play and download stuff
won't let me change my sub

Oct 30, 2017
Okay mine says cancelled/ expired as well but is still working and downloading games. We need some answers for this ASAP.

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the rep was just able to turn off recurring billing for me, which was nice. It was a beautiful dream, but too good for this world.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It has now been over a week and I still can't disable recurring billing (despite initially having it OFF and MS switching it ON). I have now been escalated from an "Xbox Gamer" (literally nothing more useless on earth), to "tech support" to whatever is higher than "tech support." It's really fun trying to pick back up dangling threads in Microsoft's nightmare CS system, too, filled with Cortana-powered AI bots and stupid animations. Sigh.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
This glitch reminds me of the famous 1 month free glitch back in my 360 days, I had gold for almost two years for free because of some microsoft site glitch where it would give 1 month of xbox live gold for free....until some dumbass decided it would be smart to share that "deal" on slickdeals and it got immediately shut down by microsoft lol

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Might have to do with the fact my promo period of GamePass is still going with the auto-renew set on March 2nd, but my page still shows blank, and my games still open fine.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
I was finally able to turn off recurring billing. I went to the account page and it said it was off but then it turned it self on at $14.99. It at least let me turn it back off. kind if bummed I never got to use the deal since I am maxed out at 3 years already, but it was worth a shot.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Checked again just now and it seems to have fixed itself for me, back to the regular $15/mo.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Confirmed, GP Ultimate is now listed under cancelled subscriptions on the manage page. The dream is fully dead.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just randomly checked my account and recurring billing was set to off. The, literally like 10th MS rep I spoke to last week said he'd email when the problem was resolved; he didn't. If you were stuck with MS turning your recurring billing ON while being unable to disable, check again.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Just got a message from Xbox letting me know that my plan was reverted back to monthly. They did give me a code for 14 days of GPU though.

Our records show your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription may have been set to renew daily. Unfortunately, that plan is no longer supported; if applicable, you have been reverted to your previous plan. Visit your account page below to switch to a different plan. Here's a token for 14 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for the inconvenience: (code went here). Please redeem by June 30, 2020.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Got a message on XBL today saying that the daily subscription was no longer available. They send a 14 day GPU code for my troubles.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Also got a 14-day code, which upon redemption led to an offer for another month free for enabling recurring billing.

Bloodsent

Oct 25, 2017
Getting an extra 6 weeks (2 week code + 1 month for re-enabling reoccurring payment) isn't the end of the world.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, especially considering you can accept the offer and then immediately disable recurring billing and keep the bonus month.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda skimmed through it and instinctively turned off recurring billing when redeeming the 14-day code..... shit.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I kinda skimmed through it and instinctively turned off recurring billing when redeeming the 14-day code..... shit.
D'oh. As I said above, all you needed to do is say yes and keep that slider enabled. Afterwards you could go right back to your subscription, manage it, disable, and you'd still get the bonus.