• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sanatana

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Pacific Northwest
I'm talking about companies that either shut their doors completely, have been on a long hiatus, or were merged with another company. Which video game company do you wish was still around?
For me it's Interplay or Looking Glass Studios.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Treasure is pretty much a holdings company at this point, so them.

Also, Double Helix was just coming into their own before they got bought out by Amazon. Killer Instinct and Strider 2014 were leaps and bounds above any of their previous work in quality, and I was really looking forward to seeing them grow further.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the game companies I liked didn't die, they were absorbed by Activision into infinite Call of Duty machines

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Old Bioware, old Bungie and old Dice.

Edit: Old Bethesda Game Studios. The folks that made Skyrim.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Might not count but Sony Japan Studios and all their teams. Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Tokyo Jungle, Ape Escape, Patapon, Wild Arms, Arc the Lad, Siren... I miss them so much.

Also Raven Software. They used to make so many cool games like Wolf 2009, X Men Origins, Soldier of Fortune and many others. They are too talented to be wasted on CoD and I wish Activision didn't own them.

Guerilla Cambridge, the guys who made Killzone Mercenary deserved a better chance.

Jul 1, 2020
Pandemic, Visceral and Sony Japan shutdowns hurt me the most.
High Moon studios hasn't been shut down but they've been damned to the same fate as every other Activision developer, to work on COD until the end of time.

Ubersnug

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Bullfrog, back during Peter Molyneux's golden years. Some of the games they come up with were ground breaking at the time.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bullfrog with a new Dungeon Keeper would make my heart explode

SolarLune

Jun 22, 2021
Hudson, yeah. Wish Bomberman was still around.

Quintet, also, yeah - Robotrek and Terranigma, good lord.

nodakel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Treasure, Alpha Dream, Skip Ltd.

I'd love to see what a Mario & Luigi RPG on the Switch would be like, and a Chibi Robo game like the original one. Also, it's a crime that Treasure hasn't developed many games recently. I have a soft spot for Wario World.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Evolution.
Imagine what a PS5 powered Driveclub or Motorstorm would look like, good lord.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Hk5ZUeqWV3DurGsymUCWsJ-hlRswwaysA2-76vBwhw5_h3waMWsN5WgYfmgbNsQYeVr1ykccuuEVReC3tKmFrhi-xwrtbg

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Warms my heart to see so many mentions of my choice - Bullfrog. Psygnosis would be up there for me too. I have fond memories of playing the first Destruction Derby on my PC.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pandemic

I actually feel like they would have fit in that AA space alongside devs like rebellion these days. I miss the Marc's series a lot and the saboteur was super underated.