• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Just announced at the end of Capcom's showcase.

Timestamp is 1:01:00 if the embed doesn't work.
  • PlayStation 4 owners get access to the PS5 versions for free (separate downloads than the PS4 versions)
    • Players who have RE7 through PlayStation Plus do not appear to get the PS5 version for free
  • Xbox One owners get access to the Series X|S versions for free (via Smart Delivery)
  • Steam versions are being updated (for free) to include the new features
  • Raytracing support, 4K support (presumably not for Series S), "high framerate" support, and 3D audio support
  • Save data carries over from the original versions
  • PS5 versions include DualSense features per the PS Blog

Last edited:

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Intensely clicking refresh on the PS store page even though I won't have a chance to download them tonight anyway.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I've been saying this in every thread about the topic to manifest into reality but I hope REVII lets us skip cutscenes lmao

I'll probably only replay them anytime soon if trophies auto pop, not in the mood for another 4-5 playthroughs rn, still great upgrades

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Am I crazy or was RE2/3 not already 60?
Nope, you're right, my bad. The stream only said "high framerate" and I interpreted it as meaning 60 FPS, but maybe it's higher? Or maybe just a more stable 60 FPS. Idk. I updated the OP to include their specific wording just incase it doesn't mean 60 FPS.

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing on PS5 at the moment. Just popped in my PS4 disc and don't have any options other than the PS4 version.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
RT at 4K with 60fps not bad.
Call me crazy, but wasn't 120fps mentioned before? Maybe that's for 1080P?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume they mean 120 fps, as the games are already 60 fps on Xbox One and PS4.
I'm guessing they mean they've added ray tracing, upped the resolution to 4K (was ~1620 checkboard rendered before) and retained 60fps.

But we'll see!

Can't wait to play. I've never played a Resident Evil game and I bought RE 2, RE 3, and RE3 on sale on my Series X for like $23 a couple months ago.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Don't see an update on Xbox yet, but RE2 moved up to the Optimized for X|S section. RE8 has a badge but hasn't moved from Xbox One X enhanced games.

Ratadad

Nov 22, 2021
Great timing. Bought the RE2/RE3 Xbox bundle a few days ago. Was fixing to fire up RE2 but wanted to wait for this update.

Risitas

May 13, 2022
Was waiting for the update to start REVII, I hope "today" means "30 minutes after the showcase" because I'm ready

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Well the updates section from my Xbox is taking a bit to load, so I'm guessing they will be there any moment now. :P

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
4k and ray tracing at a solid 60 fps are good enough reasons for me to do a replay of r3make.

will get around to playing re7 again some other day since i played a whole bunch of it already last year. maybe sometime before r4make comes out.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I expect these new versions to have

Native 4K/60fps, with graphics settings roughly equivalent to maxed out PC settings from prior to the update.

4K with dynamic res scaling, with ray-tracing enabled. Targets 60fps.

1440p dynamic res scaling, 120fps target, graphics preset at roughly equivalent to PS4 Pro/Xbox One X settings from prior to the update.

And hopefully across all modes, the weird dithering/shimmering from reflective surfaces is fixed in RE2. And maybe HDR was readjusted to be at the same levels as RE3R.

FatalT

Feb 24, 2019
I have Resident Evil 2 on an external drive and it gives me the symbol that I have to transfer it to internal to play it. It still works off external and even has the XS logo now. Hurry up and push the update through!

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
f5-refresh.gif

modernkicks

Apr 7, 2020
Just want to know if you have RE7 via the PS+ collection if you'll be able to dl the PS5 version but I'm expecting some bs w/ that.