• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Frasier’ Revival Eyed at Paramount+

The potential continuation of the beloved comedy has been knocking around Hollywood for several years.

A revival of Frasier that has been kicking around for several years is taking another small step to becoming reality.

Sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter that a revival of the beloved, Emmy-winning comedy is under consideration at Paramount+, the successor to CBS All Access that's set to launch in March.

Paramount+ and CBS Studios, which would produce the show, declined comment.

Sources stressed that it's still very early in the process, and no deals of any kind are done. That would be in keeping with previous news about a potential Frasier revival, which first surfaced in July 2018. Star Kelsey Grammer was photographed carrying a binder with the word "Frasier" on it a few months later.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Part of me would love to see Fraiser Crane and his successful podcast as he struggles to relate to Millennials and Zoomers, but I think a bigger part of me just think it's best to let it go

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Grammar seems to be the only one behind it last I heard. Everyone else gave a polite "nah." With Mahoney gone it just seems weird.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I can get behind this without Mahoney + knowing about Grammer's right wing nonsense.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
As a massive fan of the show, I feel this is a revival they shouldn't bother with since the passing of John Mahoney, he's just too essential to the show's chemistry.

Plus Kelsey Grammer kinda sucks so I'd rather they just let the show die, both so Grammer doesn't get paid, and so that the original doesn't get retroactively ruined by whatever they'd write for Fraiser in 2021

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Frasier and I think this is a bad idea.

Was just about to post this, I ran through the first 9 seasons and while it still was decent in later seasons, nothing can touch seasons 1-6 and I think the further away you get from that era, the worse the show is. Kelsey Grammer is like 70 now, I'm not that interested in what he's doing in retirement, not to mention w/out Martin Crane the show would really suffer. It was a show about 2 snooty professional brothers dealing with their gruff dad and navigating life in their late 40's/early 50's, that show is dead and buried. Not to mention some characters simply wouldn't work today, imagine Mad Dog now? Yeesh

maruchan

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's to bad if they make a new show with Frazier not in Seattle. Since the show ended Seattle has changed so much I would love to see how the show would be with modern Seattle

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think you might be right. However as long as its written well it might work.

They could flip the dynamic completely; Frasier's kid was born in 1989, making him 32 now. Kelsey Grammer was 37 when Fraser premiered and 65 now. Mahoney was only 53 when Frasier first ran (surprised me too). They could totally have millennial Freddie Crane having to deal with his boomer dad, especially if Frasier is still playing at being upper class and super conservative (like a certain actor we know) and his son is just smarter and more grounded. Poke fun at the Boomers, they can't figure out streaming services anyway and maybe Grammer won't catch on that he's the butt of the jokes.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
This is already a bad idea without Mahoney but the implication that it would just be Grammar's one man show would be even worse

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Scrambled eggs all over my face

But seriously, I don't think I'm really fan of these kind of revivals. Usually it's not as good and it's weird seeing everyone grown so old.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Idea: set in Chicago. Freddie and maybe Niles' son moves in with Fraiser with Fraiser being the Martin-esque figure. Highjinks and misunderstandings ensue.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Screen_Shot_2017-11-06_at_12.41.31_PM.jpg

Akahige

Oct 27, 2017
Loved the show for a long time. It was my go to comfort show after a long work day.

Kelsey is unfortunately a crap person and I wouldn't want to support a revival knowing how big of role he would play in the creative direction of the show.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Scrambled eggs all over my face

But seriously, I don't think I'm really fan of these kind of revivals. Usually it's not as good and it's weird seeing everyone grown so old.
The only one I've been legit interested in since it was initially suggested was a King of the Hill revival.

Akahige

Oct 27, 2017
David Hyde Pierce is a gem. If this this show does take off hopefully his career gets a much deserved comeback.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I could see it working if it dealt with Frazier's son Freddie having to come live with him and dealing with his boomer dad and the millennial struggle of not making enough money to support oneself.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
2Fras 2ier

If they can top Miles' ironing scene I'll allow it (they can't).

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I liked Frasier a lot, but without Mahoney and how Grammer turned out to be, I'm comfortable leaving it alone.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Big fan of Frasier, but I don't have a desire for a new TV series. I'd be okay with a one hour special though like they sometimes do with British shows years after they end.

If they must make a new TV series, I'd rather it was another spin-off focusing on either Niles/Daphne or Roz, with Frasier making occasional guest appearances.