• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scarlet Death

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
return_of_fly_poster_03.jpg

Yes, its just as much of a B-movie as it looks.

Probably not forgotten if you're a fan of The Misfits

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I think I watched it
It's that college girl (she's sexy btw!) who kills a few people after hearing the story of the MC from the first film right?
Not just that, as a little kid she walks in on Patrick Bateman killing her parents and she kills him. But yeah, then she goes to college and gets a Patrick Bateman class which IIRC sets her off on her killing spree.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I was discussing Pet Sematary with my wife a few years back, and after a few minutes we realized that I was talking about Pet Sematary, while SHE was talking about Pet Sematary 2. Somehow she saw the sequel when she was a little too young to watch it, and never realized that it wasn't the first one.

For fun, we rewatched it. It's not great.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
They made 4 Jarhead movies... The sequels, instead of being somewhat serious war dramas like the first one, it looks like they just turned them into dumb action movies...

Bndadm

Oct 29, 2017
If it had not played so much on USA network in the 90's, I would never have known Smokey and the Bandit 3 existed. What an amazingly awful film. Kind of dug the Trans Am in that one though.

Nov 24, 2018
20170207-global-045__36059.1486786681.jpg

Because nobody asked for it, someone thought The Hitcher needed a sequel. File it alongside the Sean Bean starring remake as biggest wastes of time in cinema.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
It's not really a sequel, but the team behind A Fish Called Wanda made another movie called Fierce Creatures.

MV5BNzllMGM5ZjItZTlmZi00OGU5LTlmZWQtZWVkNDM2MjEzMzZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,668,1000_AL_.jpg

Has more than a few callbacks to Wanda. Not quite as good overall but Kline says some dumb/hilarious shit in this.

"It's not just any tortoise. It's Bruce Springsteen's tortoise!"

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
thebronxbull.jpg

Was originaly titled Raging Bull 2 but they changed it because of copyright. It's still a prequel and sequel though.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone post Return to Oz yet?

Returntoozposter.jpg
It was but I disputed it, it wasn't a big release at the time but I think it's solidly remembered as a cult classic nowadays, even if it's not as iconic as the first film. Oz, The Great and Powerful is a better example, that came and went like a gust of wind.

I loved the secret of nimh. I take it this would take a dump on 5 year old me?
Yes, it's hot garbage.

May 10, 2019
TIL the "Son of the Mask" was called the Mask 2 in some territories.

I think Highlander 2 is fairly well remembered by most people that remember the first film, its just not remembered fondly. If anything its one of the better-known examples of a "Director's Cut" completely changing a movie (i.e. making the plot about time-travel rather than aliens).

I noticed that about the Mask 2 when I was looking for the image and it was either, The Mask 2 or Son of the Mask: The Mask 2.

Highlander 2 has that horrible legacy of destroying it's own lore and world it created from the first one. It was so horrible no fan wanted to remember it but was so shocking to the fans that they can't forget it either.

Then having a few final "Director's Cut" to try and fix all it problems made it's awful legacy even extend further through the years.

The original theater release is the worse but The Source is right behind it for what it did to the world that the TV show created. The last season of the show did it no favors either, imo.

tumblr_pdslc7YhVw1u1urgoo1_400.gifv

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The sequels to Psycho tend to get lost in the shuffle.

Psycho II is a great sequel and the others aren't too bad in their own right.

Now, that Gus Van Sant remake on the other hand...

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
From Dusk Till Dawn 2 to however many they ended up doing.

Also The Crow 2 to 4 (even though 2 was still halfway watchable)

OP
OP
Garlador

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Kick ass 2?

i remembered Pacific rim 2, only because it was mentioned here. I've seen it and can't seem to remember anything about it... having enjoyed the first so much.
I was actually going to put Kick-Ass 2 in the OP but didn't want to bog it down with comic adaptations. But... yeah, it came and went with zero fanfare.

Oct 30, 2017
Just a reminder, Dragonheart has 3 sequels/prequels and a fourth is on the way.

I also feel like I should remind people that Beastmaster not only had a sequel that turned the movie into a total joke, had time travel and a fair bit of breaking the fourth wall, but that there was also a tv series.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
51GSJwJ6SZL._SY445_.jpg

Not sure if the other sequels are still remembered but this one is most certainly forgotten.

Also

MV5BZWQxNGRhYjctNGI3Yi00NjQ5LTk0MWYtNTNkODZhYmEyZTdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg