• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forbes

Speaking to me, popular case maker Ghostekhas confirmed it not only knows the iPhone 11's final design it is so confident in its source that it has made cases, started taking pre-orders from customers and will ship them in August, one month before Apple's official launch.

apple-iphone-11-ghostek-case.jpg

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is one ugly phone. What happened to you, Apple?

edit: I mean without the case. The case makes it even worse.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
More/better camera just isn't a selling point in phones anymore. The cameras are fine, for 95% of people's use case.

Phones need to figure something else out to seem vital again.

i mean its just straight up ugly

People thought that about the dual camera look too, and got used to it pretty quick

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Not the most attractive design but my care about how the rear of a phone looks lasts maybe 45 seconds so shrug.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
people buy phones for the looks? lol who cares if back looks bad, give me that camera

signal

Oct 28, 2017
If the rumours about the 2020 iphone being a "ipad pro" style design are true, wonder if it will have the same camera array.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
This generation of iphones will forever known as the "notch series". I am sure the next gen will get a small or zero notch.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
I need a new phone. Looks like that'll be the one.

That case is fugly. Phone looks good. It's a phone.

El Goom

Oct 27, 2017
It'll sell like crazy despite what everyone says, but goddamn is that is an ugly fucking phone

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Was hoping to get a new iPhone this fall. Really not a fan of this look. I'll wait to see the official announcement and pictures (without a case) before I make a final decision, but looks like I might try to hold on to my 8 for another year.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I am not sure what you are supposed to do with current smart phones but they are all so boring now and have been for a while.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
These unofficial renders are going to be ugly.

Google released an image of the back of the Pixel 4 which has basically the same camera array and it looks nice. This won't be any different.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah hate the square in the back. Otherwise it looks exactly the same.

I'm hoping the next version just increases depth of the phone to accommodate for a flat back with camera.

Henry Jones Jr

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it if they made a cheaper version that had a very toned down camera, but the same internals as the 11. Single lens, no bump at all. I really don't need the camera on my phone to be that great.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Eh... I have a 7 plus... just waiting for them to design and release an iPhone I actually like before upgrading. At this point, my fear is that my 7 plus will become obsolete before that happens and I'll have to upgrade to something I don't want...

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hey, the 2020 iPhone design linked in that article is really nice though. Oh well another year with my trusty 8, hopefully they get Touch ID back in there

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The case is horrid. But how anyone can say the iphone itself is horrid from those pictures is beyond me...

Probably a case of people would just say it regardless of there being a picture or not.

"Ughh ugly". "But there's no picture" "Oh well I bet its ugly".