• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
0a88647a00030c985aa304397e657c9da9a080ea.gif

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hat should be part of the stipulations for the match. Floyd gets it back after he wins.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not confident saying this is "a planned stunt" or not until the day of the PPV. If it goes multiple rounds like with McGregor? Sure. If it starts and Floyd knocks dude out in the first...

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Floyd will beat Logan. Then he will say that he wants to put his disrespectful brother in his place.

Planned stunt to grief a few more millions from dumb people.

Exactly. Floyd could punk both these guys in one round, but they're going to drag this out and make a show of it because this whole "fight" is a Jackass-style publicity stunt to get people watching and draw money.

Calderc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not confident saying this is "a planned stunt" or not until the day of the PPV. If it goes multiple rounds like with McGregor? Sure. If it starts and Floyd knocks dude out in the first...
That's the thing though, Floyd's not a 'knock you out' boxer, he never has been, especially now he has glass hands. He's a defensive boxer who toys with his opponents, so either way this is going to be a carbon copy of the McGregor fight imo.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone realizes the entire point of this is Floyd killing Logan to set up Floyd vs. Jake Paul, right?

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
lol tbh ion think it was staged to take his hat

face off yes bc why are they even crossing paths but floyd def wasn't acting during the post scuffle clips same w paul and his voice cracking bc he was dead scared lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
It'll be fun and hopefully Floyd does end up in a Jake fight and Floyd could end him

In 2002, Mayweather was charged with two counts of domestic violence and one count of misdemeanor battery. He received a six-month suspended sentence and two days of house arrest and was ordered to perform 48 hours of community service.[251]

In 2004, Mayweather was given a one-year suspended jail sentence, ordered to undergo counseling for "impulse control" and pay a $1,000 fine (or perform 100 hours of community service) after being convicted of two counts of misdemeanor battery against two women.[252]

In 2005, Mayweather pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge after hitting and kicking a bouncer, receiving a 90-day suspended jail sentence.[253][254]

On September 9, 2010, it was reported that Mayweather was being sought by police for questioning after his former girlfriend, Josie Harris, filed a domestic battery report against him. Harris accused Mayweather of battery in the past, but those charges were dropped in July 2005 after Harris testified that she had lied and that Mayweather had not battered her.[254] Mayweather was taken into custody September 10, 2010, but was released after posting $3,000 bail. Mayweather was initially charged with felony theft (stemming from the disappearance of Harris's mobile phone); on September 16 two felony coercion charges, one felony robbery charge, one misdemeanor domestic-battery charge and three misdemeanor harassment charges were added.[255]

On December 21, 2011, a judge sentenced Mayweather to serve 90 days in the county jail for battery upon Harris in September 2010. Mayweather reached a deal with prosecutors in which he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery in exchange for prosecutors dropping the felony battery charge. Mayweather also pleaded no contest to two counts of misdemeanor harassment, stemming from threats to his children. In addition to the 90-day sentence Mayweather was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service, a 12-month domestic-violence program and to pay a fine of $2,500.[256] On June 1, Mayweather began serving his county jail sentence,[257] and was released on August 3, 2012.[258]

The Paul brothers are garbage.

But why are you treating Floyd like he's some hero that's going to "end them" exactly? He's arguably an even worse person. He is a literal woman-beater.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
so Mayweather will knock out Logan and then after the match will challenge Jake. This shit writes itself, seems really fake.

GamePnoy74

Oct 27, 2017
The fight is not my thing, and as silly as it is, I can't hate on the hustle to sell tickets and PPV buys. They have to sell the fight as well as actually fight, I get it.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Paul brothers are garbage.

But why are you treating Floyd like he's some hero that's going to "end them" exactly? He's arguably an even worse person. He is a literal woman-beater.
What ?? I'm taking about a fight and you bring up something else, I was specifically talking about boxing

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
"Got your hat, got your hat"

It's like telling someone "Got your nose, I got your nose" when you were a kid.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know much about this at all, but can someone tell me why the Mayweather/Paul fight is being so hyped? You have a seasoned, legendary boxer in Mayweather going up against a guy who has only fought once and lost.

I don't know anything about the Pauls other than they started doing Youtube and social media stuff like 10 years ago.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Logan Paul isn't even the good brother. He got his ass kicked by another streamer. It's so obvious he's going to get his ass kicked to set up Floyd vs. the Paul brother who can actually kind of box.

acruztic

Mar 10, 2020
I've seen an extended video, looks like Jake got a black eye out of this altercation? Hard to see.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never seen Floyd without a hat. I would be mad if I had a little ass head like that too 😂

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
So we're just gonna keep paying attention to these obviously staged fights huh?

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
Floyd turned into a clown after he retired.

The Logan brothers are born and bred clowns.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
One of the best boxers the world has ever seen, with a pristine 50-0 record, supposedly worth half a billion dollars already.... is going to take a dive for...... what reason exactly?
What a silly thing to say. 50-0 career, a masterclass technician in the boxing ring, and you think he going to job to some pathetic YouTuber... rofl

I mean, why in the world would he even bother with these two if he's as well off as you say he is.

I don't know the reason, but I know he's going to look like a fool for ever doing business with these two.

It still real to them, apparently.

It's one thing people make it really fucking clear is that they love to reward horrible jackass with even more money.

That last boxing match against the comedian was a travesty. Snoop Dogg just yelling "I JUST MADE TWO MILLION" while saps pay 50 dollars for a 47 second fight.

Stupid.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
This is exhibition match planned nonsense.

You want to really see a non-planned goofs in boxing? You watch Mayweather knock Ortiz out while he was trying to hug him after the bell rang in a match.
Hilarious times for everyone involved except Ortiz who must have felt even more sorry for headbutting him the round before.

acruztic

Mar 10, 2020
I mean, why in the world would he even bother with these two if he's as well off as you say he is.

I don't know the reason, but I know it's going to look like a fool for ever doing business with these two.
For money lol, you can say the something about the McGregor fight, why would Floyd bother? It's always going to be money for him lol.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
For money lol, you can say the something about the McGregor fight, why would Floyd bother? It's always going to be money for him lol.

He HAS money. More money than what this fight will provide if you go by what this thread believes.

But if this is the only way he can get money in his post career, things must be looking catastrophically bad for Mayweather. Shit, even Tyson will fuck with Tony Khan, this mess is embarrassing.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's incredible how much money Mayweather is going to end up making by fighting guys that have literally zero chance at beating him. This is like Jake Paul challenging LeBron to a game of one on one and for some stupid reason people convincing themselves he has a shot lol