• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I like the sound but it's a little too long.
Why are we getting super fast SSDs if I have to look at the logo longer than it takes to boot up the actual game?

/edit:

I like it a lot, but it's too long. I want my SSD boot to be FASTER THAN THAT :P
God damnit. Beaten.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Windows 98 vibes are nice. Wonder if the Xbox team suddenly remembered the gaming legacy for Microsoft includes Windows.

I guess if it's mostly going to be in sleep mode, it's important for the initial boot sound to have a lasting impression.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
BRING BACK THE PS3 (wasn't it?) ORCHESTRA TUNING SOUND I liked that

But for Xbox, this is nice. Figure you'd see it on cold boot and then never again, hah.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Green Xbox is dead, now black is default colour?

The highlight still has a green tinge to it, it's just more subtle than the Xbox One's "the entire background is solid bright green" thing. Which, honestly, never looked great.

There's still bright green trim on the top of the XSX, so I don't think green is going to go away as the Xbox brand color any time soon.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I really like it! And it reaffirms to me that the Series X logo thing (which I was so-so about) wasn't all that important. The family is just called Xbox with one or several 'series' editions.

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The highlight still has a green tinge to it, it's just more subtle than the Xbox One's "the entire background is solid bright green" thing. Which, honestly, never looked great.

There's still bright green trim on the top of the XSX, so I don't think green is going to go away as the Xbox brand color any time soon.

Hope not, want my RGB in the console space.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
People are already concerned about bootup time of an unreleased console based on the length of a semi-related marketing teaser video.

This forum...

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I like it, but I thought the point of this generation would be instant loading times. A long bwaaaaaaa goes against that.

I expected a chirp.
Not sure if you're joking or not, but even with SSDs on PCs, it takes a moment to go from fully shut down to booting up. What we saw in the video is what we'll see after booting the system up following a full shutdown. This sound won't play when you resume from sleep.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
After the disaster that was the Xbox one. Xbox marketing has been making all the right moves in the past year. A steady flow of small bits and pieces of information that is just pleasing.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
On the second listen, it actually sounds like a Win 95 boot, with a win98 transition at the end.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
You realize that booting the console involves more than accessing the SSD?
Obviously. But my PC with a slower SSD and a probably much more bloated OS can boot while this sound is playing so I'm hoping a console launching at the end of the year with a faster SSD and a more streamlined OS can do it quicker...

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
I like the sound but it's a little too long.
Why are we getting super fast SSDs if I have to look at the logo longer than it takes to boot up the actual game?

/edit:

God damnit. Beaten.
Probably because this is the boot up from no power. I think they expect you to have it on standby like with the One X, other wise you have to have this boot up everytime.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
I like it!
The big question though of course, are we going to get an OS background track in this Xbox or will it be silent again?

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
10 seconds is too long even though you'll only see this in the unlikely event you get a system update during play?
This forum is weird.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty good, I like it. I think the logo should be made a touch smaller and the feint pulsing effect dramatised a bit more, other than that it's simple and it works. It's longer than I expected it to be though.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I like it. A million times better then the current one. I have to mute my tv whenever I start my 1X lol.