• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Been outta the game for a min, the last series I followed while it aired was Madoka and that was mad long ago. What's poppin these days? I don't like moe, loli shit, SoL or adaptions of long running shounen. I do like mechs and action, weird artsy stuff like Tatami Galaxy or Mushishi is also cool.

Also what are the best apps/sites for watching stuff? Mainly looking to watch stuff on my puone during work commutes.

Thanks brehs.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 and Mob Psycho 100 II

12 episodes each

Mob3a_zpsdqhuz6tb.gif

FH6a.gif

0577744ad8a82497de4af5b5ba26be67d9ac75fb_hq.gif

1*SeR6E0TOyK4EjoBsxt-bTg.gif

rjkvdpheox7apmwgu2vo.gif

tenor.gif

image4.gif

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
If you liked Tatami Galaxy, the director did two films recently. Lu Over the Wall and Night is Short, Walk on Girl. You can rent or buy them on amazon

Amazon Prime also has the anthology film Robot Carnival and the artsy film Night on the Galactic Railroad for streaming

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if the new Kino's Journey anime is any good? I was a huge fan of the original, which--like Mushishi--has that episodic, traveling element to it and definitely seems like something you'd be into (though the original series is almost two decades old by this point).

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you liked Tatami Galaxy you need to watch Ping Pong: The Animation and Mind Game. Same guy, both amazing.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Get in that Hunter x Hunter, what's your hatsu?

Vegeta'sKakarot

Alt-account.
Banned
Apr 11, 2019
Put up one huge as fuck vote for Mob Psycho from me, especially season 2.

What an utterly astoundingly great show. God tier animation, top tier comedy and actual genuine development that feels earned. Like what a miracle

Mazzo

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I have similar taste, if you find anything good please, please tell me!

Last time someone recommended Dororo to me, and I found it pretty good.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
HxH
Fate Zero
Psycho Pass
A place further than the universe
Haikyuu
A silent voice
Your name
Sword of the stranger

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Gen:Lock!

6fa62b20-33dc-4cba-aa99-d1d767092072.jpeg

It's waaaaaay better than I expected. Great action, solid characters and definitely hits the mecha fix.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
One Punch Man is lit. One of the best anime to come out in the past few years. If you like action....BRUH Check it out:

tumblr_nx5ehc1EWQ1qa94xto1_500.gif

opm1.gif

PqoavY9.gif

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017
Artsy shit?
I liked Kaiba a bit. Made by the same guy that did Devilman Crybaby.
Shigurui is a strange jidaigeki that's really atmospheric.

Has anybody ever seen Mononoke (not the Miyazaki one)? That looks nice and weird but never saw it past the first episode.

PolishQ

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, NY
Artsy recommendations!
Dennou Coil (somewhat Ghibli-esque series about a near future where augmented reality is commonplace)
Kaiba (same creator as Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong)
From the New World (far future dystopia depicting a society where everyone has potentially devastating psychic abilities and how those are kept in check)
Anything by Kunihiko Ikuhara (Revolutionary Girl Utena, Mawaru Penguindrum, Yurikuma Arashi)

Other stuff!
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 / Star Blazers 2199 (great recent remake of a sci-fi classic)

OP
OP
Lulu

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard some good things about Valvrave🤔

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
Blood Blockade Battlefront
2 seasons, both 12 episodes.

M44R8l0.gif

Will happily co-sign. Really solid show.

Gundam 00 is as good a place as any to start with Gundam imo, especially after awhile away from anime. It's a good middle ground between anime af and a military thriller.

Planet With is REALLY STRONG at only 12 episodes and it's by Satoshi Mizukami (since you mentioned manga and may have read one of his works.

So far as sites go I usually use 9anime (will probably work best for you on mobile) or AnimeTake

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Which streaming service would one subscribe to to watch a lot of these recommendations?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
You finna catch this wave boi

Gundam Thunderbolt has one of my favorite OSTs in (mecha) anime and is flat out beautifully animated.
ThirstyBadCony-size_restricted.gif

Ping Pong has already been said, so I'll recommend Thunderbolt Fantasy. Hold up, you might have heard about it before, yes it's puppet motion, but watch this:
5osm1G4.gif

insta.gif

It currently has 2 seasons and they're both worth your time.

OP
OP
Lulu

Lulu

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so about Gundam. I kinda well versed, Turn A is of my favorite shows. The last I watched was Unicorn, have their been any since 00? Are they UC or stand alones? Are they uh good?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Ok so about Gundam. I kinda well versed, Turn A is of my favorite shows. The last I watched was Unicorn, have their been any since 00? Are they UC or stand alones? Are they uh good?
My ranking would be:
Absolutely Watch-
1.Gundam Build Fighters (not really "Gundam" but very enjoyable fan service)
2. Gundam Thunderbolt (During UC, so it's before 00)

Depends on what you like:
Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans (An enjoyable show, it follows the UC timeline but a long time after)
Gundam Origins- Char's OVA
Gundam Build Fighters Try (Disappointing given its predecessor and brought more anime traits while whittling down on Gunpla)
Gundam Divers (Anime Gundam)

Watch if you hate yourself:
Gundam Age

Tomino:
Gundam Reconguista in G

Telecinision

Aug 22, 2018

You may want to consider subscribing to VRV instead at $9.99/mo, which includes Crunchyroll on the platform (and on the Crunchyroll site as well if you link accounts) as they're both owned and operated by the same parent company. It also includes HIDIVE, which fleshes out available content from previous seasons significantly.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
You may want to consider subscribing to VRV instead at $9.99/mo, which includes Crunchyroll on the platform (and on the Crunchyroll site as well if you link accounts) as they're both owned and operated by the same parent company. It also includes HIDIVE, which fleshes out available content from previous seasons significantly.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll switch as soon as my month runs out!