• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I felt kinda bad as a WHM when I learned I was screwing them over with my Holy spam. How would they even fix that? Not have their free Flood/Edge of Darkness require a pop of their shield?

Listen man... us WHM got a lot on our plate, especially going into a new xpac with fresh dungeons.

They'll be OK with one less thingamajig.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
8 hours until we can activate our funnels.

ClearcutAfraidHuemul-size_restricted.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Now that i'm at home, reading up on the machinest changes and some things I do like, such as tactician recast time is shorter.

But I can't wait to use Scattergun and Chainsaw.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
In the patch notes reading Yoshi-P was apologising again, saying they've done all they can to optimise the servers, and the minimum objective is the survival of the server and hoping it doesn't crash haha I suspect they're nervous as all hell

I wouldn't want to be in yoshi-p's shoes right now, lol.

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Oct 26, 2017
I felt kinda bad as a WHM when I learned I was screwing them over with my Holy spam. How would they even fix that? Not have their free Flood/Edge of Darkness require a pop of their shield?

They fix that by having the DRK players pick a different job. Not even joking as that's what I'm doing for EW. I really have no intention to level DRK currently as it looks pretty bland. The best change is a QOL instead of an actual expansion upgrade (Delirium) and their new signature ability is a fancier looking line AOE that was removed previously (Dark Passenger).

Nah it really doesn't. You want it to have one, that's different than it needing one.

They just need to actually listen to feedback about the problems like they do with damn near any other job.

It will when I obtain the level 81 trait that upgrades my wants to needs.

Don't worry about them listening to feedback. They heard and have changed Carve and Spit and Abyssal Drain to be on the same recast timer which is just what the job needed to draw more people to it.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
He's about to bask in the glory of delivering the greatest entry in a JRPG series ever. Once the anxiety subsides he'll know what he and the team really are... Legends

Need ID on whole fit except for the Nier boots
Ah, shoot, don't have exact names since servers are offline, but it's the ShB PvP healers chestpiece, Scion legs (I think? I believe it's from a set you get as part of the story, it looks like a scholarly white suit), and 2B gloves dyed black. Oh, and no name on the glasses but they're a glam item from the market board.

It's all dyeable IIRC, so I may make a white set for Sage.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
That Carve and Abyssal Drain thing fucks me up. I hope they go back in that immediately. I guess their intention was to have Carve be exclusively used for single target and Abyssal exclusively for AoE? It's a silly restriction.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
It will when I obtain the level 81 trait that upgrades my wants to needs.

Don't worry about them listening to feedback. They heard and have changed Carve and Spit and Abyssal Drain to be on the same recast timer which is just what the job needed to draw more people to it.

Jokes aside, the job will still function in any content, Oblation offers really good CD flexibility. Especially so if it has high tank DPS since that's what truly determines the meta.

But, I get if you don't like the kit, I personally do so I'll stick with DRK and just hope they address the really problematic points (LD, BW, Abyssal).

Ovvv

Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Ah, shoot, don't have exact names since servers are offline, but it's the ShB PvP healers chestpiece, Scion legs (I think? I believe it's from a set you get as part of the story, it looks like a scholarly white suit), and 2B gloves dyed black. Oh, and no name on the glasses but they're a glam item from the market board.

It's all dyeable IIRC, so I may make a white set for Sage.

Good lookin' out. I did all of ShB on my WHM dressed in all black and it felt great, honestly lol. I say don't dye it!

Oct 27, 2017
NY
That Carve and Abyssal Drain thing fucks me up. I hope they go back in that immediately. I guess their intention was to have Carve be exclusively used for single target and Abyssal exclusively for AoE? It's a silly restriction.
the only positive is it's one less button to push in what will certainly be a very busy opener

Hotbug

Dec 3, 2020
Getting a launcher error when I try to sign in on PC

If you get a version check / launcher error on PC try this fix:
go to Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\ open up FFXIV_BOOT.cfg and open it in notepad you will find BootVersionCheckMode 0, change it to 1 and save, then start the launcher and it should work.

Receipt: This fixed the error for me.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick reminder that the last thing you should do before you go to sleep/log in is watch this and cry

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Man the day flew by. I thought it would be a long day but I slept in until about 10 and then played some Phasmophobia for the rest of the day and now I'm so ready for 4am tomorrow morning.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I've already made my bun in the benchmark, but it only gives you a few voice samples, not the combat "grunts."

I don't want to end up with this:

🤣

My greatest fear going into EW. I don't want my hot and sexy bunnyboi to sound like an old man having a shiver when I shoot a gun or something.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
As a DRK main... I'm so happy I can press one less button in my rotation. Abyssal Drain, Salted Earth and Plunge were all bloat. So removing one of those and adding a finisher is great.

Of course it all depends on what the savage raids will be like. But on paper I enjoybthe changes evrn if they're not flashy.

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
So for the saved appearance data from the Benchmark, do we need to do anything with them to see them for the game proper? Or does it already grab it from there?

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad it's downloading now. I really didn't want to have to wait until I woke up tomorrow.

So for the saved appearance data from the Benchmark, do we need to do anything with them to see them for the game proper? Or does it already grab it from there?
It picks them up automatically.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Patch is live.

If anyone has trouble with the version check, use this. It's always worked for me.

Thank you! Been using XIVLauncher for a while so my offcial launcher was out of date and XIVLauncher didn't seem to want to fetch the patch. Best to use official launcher and turn off all TexTools mods at expansion launch until all the add-on stuff has been patched anyway, especially after such a big overhaul of systems.

Gonna miss soooooooooo many of my add-ons, it's the little QoL things that just add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.