• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Played a couple of hours but had to stop to climb into bed.

I played the show demo at EGX last year but beyond that I've remained blind to everything. Didn't even play the new demo they put out. DAMN is this great. It's nostalgia city. Loved the first two hours.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Well no patch so I guess it's time to start playing it properly, haven't really got far enough to have any opinions other than Jessie's fawning over Cloud is quite annoying

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
I posted aaages ago but is anyone else's sound cutting out when trophies unlock? It went away for a bit but it's back again.

Lastdancer

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man, feels like everyone is playing the game but me! I know some of ya'll are waiting on Physical editions to ship though and I feel for you.

I'm just sitting here twiddling my thumbs for the next 3 hours waiting for my digital copy to unlock.

It is comforting to meet another soul in the FF7 Remake Digital Copy Waiting Room. Just a few more hours to go!

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished chapter 2. Game is really fun but also has some good difficulty to it. Switching between characters is much harder than I thought it would be.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I just started the game and I can't hear the voice acting in cutscenes. The volume is super low and echo-y. Anyone else had a problem with this? It's fine in battles but can't hear anyone talking in cutscenes.

Edit: Nevermind, rebooted the PS4 and the game and it's working now.

Last edited:

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
The free themes are live....it still really annoys me that after all this time we still can't get themes with characters not being blocked by fricken icons!!

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised there doesn't seem to be a day one patch for this given the apparent visual issues early copies saw.

Maybe it'll come next week or something. Won't stop me from playing tonight at least.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This has been my most anticipated game for the last few years, but now that it's almost released it feels like all my excitement vanished (partially due to lower than expected review scores). I'm still trying to decide whether to jump in and buy a digital copy or just play something from my backlog...

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Just heard Sephiroth english VO.

jeeeezzz... glad I finished the game with Japanese VO. Cloud is surprisingly decent tho.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised there doesn't seem to be a day one patch for this given the apparent visual issues early copies saw.

Maybe it'll come next week or something. Won't stop me from playing tonight at least.

The game isn't even out yet in the US? Am I missing something when everyone wants a patch on a game that hasn't even officially released?

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't even out yet in the US? Am I missing something when everyone wants a patch on a game that hasn't even officially released?
Uuhhh the US isn't the only country in the world. Its already been officially released in Japan, Europe etc.

My guess its a pretty hefty patch and they did not have enough time to test it because of the pandemic.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Lmao the Chapter 9 boss on Hard Mode.

Hell House throws out x3 Tonberries at set HP intervals and at enrage mode at ~15%, he throws out x2 Cutter machines.

Still blasted it apart in a few minutes, despite the curve ball. Just have to be aware that you can get one shot very easily now due to Tonberries.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

They haven't officially addressed the textures, right? I just wanna know if it is a glitch or not. I just got to a spot with it and I just can't believe these doors are supposed to look like this. Outside if that, I think the game looks fucking awesome.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be able to get the game until the 20th due to the COVID situation.... :(

My preorder from 2015 is delayed in transit, I wish I got it digitally but can't afford a second copy now

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Been taking my time in Chapter 3 and soaking it all in. I don't see myself ever getting bored of this battle system. Town exploration is already looking more promising than XV and obviously XIII. Hard to believe I was worried when I heard about the new voice actors. Cloud and Tifa's english voices are perfect. Aerith seems good from what little I've heard. Barret does feel rather over the top a lot of the time but that's Barret.

These ghosts/dementors though... I don't know about them. I mean damn, leave Aerith alone she's already got enough drama in her life.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This has been my most anticipated game for the last few years, but now that it's almost released it feels like all my excitement vanished (partially due to lower than expected review scores). I'm still trying to decide whether to jump in and buy a digital copy or just play something from my backlog...

I cannot believe a game getting an 87 on meta critic has some people shook. Like, how does an 87 warrant a shift from "most anticipated game for the last few years" to "...or just play something from my backlog..." !?

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At chapter 9 and I'm really torn on the game, the combat system is a ton of fun and the production values are outstanding.

The writing and dialogue is not good, so much of it just feels like being stylish for the sake of style and no character is seemingly capable of logical thinking in even the most dangerous situations, it's leaning way too heavily into "the power of friendship" trope that I don't really enjoy.

The game can look absolutely spectacular at times and it runs pretty well, but at many other times it can also look super rough, just tons of low resolution textures in obvious places. The voice acting is pretty decent and the music is fantastic.

I have no nostalgia for the original game and I always fell off it multiple times over the years, so this is a good way to enjoy that universe.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing this game and it's my first Final Fantasy game. I've been playing for 2 hours and I'm enjoying it, but I have a few problems. The English voice acting for some characters is really bad, especially Barret en Jessie. The dialogue is also really bad most of the time. I don't know if it's supposed to be a partly a comedy or if it's just the writing which sucks.
The game definitely goes for humour a lot, and super successfully imo.

It hasn't been reported on (as far as I can see) outside of a Famitsu article in Japanese, but SE had an employee test positive for Covid-19 in their main Tokyo building, so I imagine that has thrown a wrench into everything.

www.famitsu.com

スクウェア・エニックス、従業員1名の新型コロナウイルス感染を発表 | ゲーム・エンタメ最新情報のファミ通.com

スクウェア・エニックスは、2020年4月9日、東京本社に勤務する従業員1名に、新型コロナウイルス感染症の陽性反応が確認されたことを発表した。

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I'm looking to find my way back into sewers for the side-quest, spent some time running around then just gave up and went ahead with the story and now I see you had to do that to get back in the sewers lol. Thank you, game!

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I cannot believe a game getting an 87 on meta critic has some people shook. Like, how does an 87 warrant a shift from "most anticipated game for the last few years" to "...or just play something from my backlog..." !?
I'm not shook, just not sure I want to jump in right away or wait a bit to purchase. Especially knowing a large part of the story won't be released for years.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Never played FF7, or finished a FF game for that matter, but I'm 3 hours deep now and I'm really enjoying this.

One thing though, some of the textures are pure ass, the doors in Clouds apartment complex thing especially jumped out at me for looking like something just slapped it with a photoshop fill tool.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Never played FF7, or finished a FF game for that matter, but I'm 3 hours deep now and I'm really enjoying this.

One thing though, some of the textures are pure ass, the doors in Clouds apartment complex thing especially jumped out at me for looking like something just slapped it with a photoshop fill tool.

It has to be a bug. It looks like the typical unreal engine texture pop in... only it never pops in.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017

Lot of people think it's a bug. That's why I'm a little hesitant to play right now and wait to see if we get a Day 1 patch tomorrow.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well that's why I asked if I was missing something lol. Clearly I was confused about how they would patch it worldwide

Best Buy started selling them today in the US. Believe someone here said their GameStop was selling them too, though I'm not sure how widespread that is.

Lot of people think it's a bug. That's why I'm a little hesitant to play right now and wait to see if we get a Day 1 patch tomorrow.

I am still super early in, but it has been pretty minimal so far. Nothing that is going to ruin your experience. You'll just see it and be like "what the fuck is that!?"

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Less than two hours now!

tifa-barret-cloud-ff7-mod.gif