• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Not sure if others have seen this but there's a person who seems to be modding the original Tidus/Yuna PS2 models into FF X/X-2 HD. Some of the in progress results are borderline nightmare fuel but they seem to be making progress and post frequent updates. The Tidus/Yuna models/faces are one of the most often criticized parts of an otherwise extremely solid remaster (the only other botched model I can really think of is perhaps Seymour). That said, I also remember reading that a lot of the original animations were broken in the remaster, so even if the models are restored perhaps it might still look a bit uncanny.

They have a patreon here with some images available to view.

Jan 11, 2018
That's not for me then. The PS2 face models always struck me as oddly western looking compared to the CGI and artwork. The newer faces are much improved imo. The only issue is that Yuna's face isn't as expressive in X HD (but somehow is in X-2 HD), and that Tidus's eyes and hair colours are a bit oversaturated, but I can live with that.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Dont know if this is the best place for a post like this but I cant think of anywhere else.

I have one spare ticket to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London at 2pm on the 19th of September.

A friend of mine cancelled on me, so it's just spare right now, looking to sell for the same price I bought it for which is £45, not including all the weird processing fees and whatever, but ill take the hit on that.

If interested, drop me a DM or something and we can arrange what is needed.

Mods, if this isnt the right channel, feel free to move this post.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dont know if this is the best place for a post like this but I cant think of anywhere else.

I have one spare ticket to the Final Fantasy 7 Remake concert at the Royal Albert Hall in London at 2pm on the 19th of September.

A friend of mine cancelled on me, so it's just spare right now, looking to sell for the same price I bought it for which is £45, not including all the weird processing fees and whatever, but ill take the hit on that.

If interested, drop me a DM or something and we can arrange what is needed.

Mods, if this isnt the right channel, feel free to move this post.
oo oo I'll buy it! One stipulation - you'll have to buy me a ticket to London and a place to stay for a bit. That cool?

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I started FFX-2, I accidently completed chapter 1 without realising what that meant (couldn't go back to the airship from the last area and had already saved..)

I know i've missed nearly all the side quests of chapter 1 now, is this gonna snowball into me missing a bunch of stuff later or no big deal?

Kind of annoying, I didn't know when I started that I was supposed to go to each area and look for side quests before doing the mission but I have 6 hours already and don't want to restart..

niall

Oct 30, 2017
I started FFX-2, I accidently completed chapter 1 without realising what that meant (couldn't go back to the airship from the last area and had already saved..)

I know i've missed nearly all the side quests of chapter 1 now, is this gonna snowball into me missing a bunch of stuff later or no big deal?

Kind of annoying, I didn't know when I started that I was supposed to go to each area and look for side quests before doing the mission but I have 6 hours already and don't want to restart..

It's not worth getting too tied up in completing everything in X-2 as it's impossible to not miss things without a guide. There's a new game+ that unlocks after you beat the game, so you can use a guide on a second playthrough.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
It's not worth getting too tied up in completing everything in X-2 as it's impossible to not miss things without a guide. There's a new game+ that unlocks after you beat the game, so you can use a guide on a second playthrough.

Ok, was mainly worried there was a dress or a something good I missed, i'll just have to learn my lesson and get over it lol

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, was mainly worried there was a dress or a something good I missed, i'll just have to learn my lesson and get over it lol
I feel like FFX-2 is literally impossible for someone to 100% blind lol.
There's chances you've missed a certain dressphere Gun Mage, but you have one more chance in chapter 2.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like FFX-2 is literally impossible for someone to 100% blind lol.
There's chances you've missed a certain dressphere Gun Mage, but you have one more chance in chapter 2.

Cool i'll be sure to grab it. The worst part is I was using a guide, but the stupid IGN guide has the mission walkthrough first, then the side quests on the next page 🤦😂

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing FFTA these past few days after being recommend Zero Mission over on gaming side and ignoring people lol, and I'm having an absolute blast with it.

I just have two questions:
  1. Are non story clan members completely random, or does everyone get Hodges the hume soldier, Cuthbert the bangaa white monk, Mel the viera archer, etc.etc.?
  2. I'm going for Blue Mage for Marche (I kinda wish him and Montblanc would change outfits with classes: probably my only complaint so far lol), and I have Matra Magic now. If I hit someone with let's say 80/80 HP 20/20 MP with it, will they end up with 20/80 HP 80/20 MP, or will it not overfill the stat over its cap and just leave them with 20/80 HP 20/20 MP?

Cool i'll be sure to grab it. The worst part is I was using a guide, but the stupid IGN guide has the mission walkthrough first, then the side quests on the next page 🤦😂
lmao. But yeah, FFX-2 is an absolute nightmare to 100%. I was going through it again for a 100% single run last autumn using my old PS2 strategy guide, and I'll probably have to restart because I have no clue where I was up to and I'm bound to miss something now.

Sep 5, 2021
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin trial survey feedback published

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin trial survey feedback published | RPG Site

The changes made after the survey will include renaming the difficulty levels.

Square Enix and Team Ninja have published results from the feedback survey on the first trial version of Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin. The developer team also put up a list of improvements set to be made based on the feedback. This approach is similar to how Team Ninja previously worked on the Nioh games.

In general, most of the players were mildly satisfied with the demo's gameplay systems. Only the graphical designs received a mixed reception where the balance between good and bad was more even. Most players were also able to reach the boss fight segment of the demo.

The results are currently only available in Japanese, but we have translated the gist of the page and you can read them right below.

Poll Results

For the poll results, the numbers mean Very Good - Good - Neutral - Bad - Very Bad in that order, unless otherwise specified.

• Overall demo: 22% - 49% - 18% - 8% - 3%
  • Character & equipment graphics: 14% - 30% - 24% - 21% - 11%
  • Stage atmosphere & graphics: 15% - 26% - 23% - 23% - 13%
  • Stage structure & gimmicks: 21% - 39% - 26% - 11% - 4%
  • Action in general: 28% - 47% - 16% - 7% - 2%
  • Overall battle system: 32% - 42% - 15% - 8% - 3%
  • Break Gauge: 28% - 41% - 21% - 8% - 3%
  • Growth system: 23% - 46% - 23% - 6% - 2%
  • Treasure Hunting system: 30% - 37% - 22% - 7% - 3%
  • Balance on fighting lesser enemies: 20% - 43% - 22% - 12% - 3%
  • Battle frequency against lesser enemies: 17% - 44% - 25% - 11% - 3%
  • Balance on fighting the boss: 28% - 32% - 16% - 12% - 6% (5% never fought the boss)
  • Sounds: 30% - 34% - 23% - 9% - 4%
  • In-battle information: 19% - 43% - 27% - 9% - 3%
  • Menu information: 14% - 44% - 31% - 9% - 2%
  • Tutorial: 22% - 40% - 26% - 8% - 3%
  • Most satisfying actions: 1. Soul Shield; 2. Soul Burst; 3. Light Bringer
  • Easiest (most fun) weapons: 1. Great Sword; 2. Staff; 3. Lance
  • Easiest (most fun) jobs: 1. Swordsman; 2. Mage; 3. Warrior; 4. Black Mage; 5. Lancer; 6. Dragoon
  • Most wanted in-battle information: 1. Allies; 2. Enemies; 3. Own Character
  • Most wanted menu information: 1. Abilities; 2. Parameters; 3. Equipment; 4. Character Graphics; 5. Equipment Graphics
  • Most wanted tutorials: 1. Light Bringer; 2. Soul Burst; 3. Break

Notable post-feedback improvements

• Stabilize frame rate
  • Adjust overall graphics and lighting
  • Adjust visibility when camera hits the wall
  • Adjust fall damage
  • Adjust MP recovery for Soul Shield & Burst
  • Adjust the Break system
  • Have the PS5 version support Adaptive Trigger
  • Reduce frames for using Potions
  • Improve Ability controls
  • Adjust the cancel timing
  • Maintain casting gauge for Black Magic even when it's interrupted
  • Allow setting Magic drop position when not having a lock-on.
  • Add merits to improving equipment's job affinity
  • Make drop items obtainable just by touching them
  • Make items raise certain job experience when used
  • Adjust lesser enemies' AI and actions
  • Adjust visibility of flying enemies
  • Adjust BGM and sound effects
  • Adjust menu layout and response
  • Add buff/debuff icons and ally status
  • Add item sorting
  • Add customizable option menu
  • Add tutorials for each weapon type
  • Allies' equipment & abilities can be changed
  • Add a new feature to temporarily buff allies
  • Adjust difficulty balance and re-arrange the difficulty levels from Easy-Normal-Hard to Story-Action-Hard

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
I've been playing FFTA these past few days after being recommend Zero Mission over on gaming side and ignoring people lol, and I'm having an absolute blast with it.

I just have two questions:
  1. Are non story clan members completely random, or does everyone get Hodges the hume soldier, Cuthbert the bangaa white monk, Mel the viera archer, etc.etc.?
  2. I'm going for Blue Mage for Marche (I kinda wish him and Montblanc would change outfits with classes: probably my only complaint so far lol), and I have Matra Magic now. If I hit someone with let's say 80/80 HP 20/20 MP with it, will they end up with 20/80 HP 80/20 MP, or will it not overfill the stat over its cap and just leave them with 20/80 HP 20/20 MP?

lmao. But yeah, FFX-2 is an absolute nightmare to 100%. I was going through it again for a 100% single run last autumn using my old PS2 strategy guide, and I'll probably have to restart because I have no clue where I was up to and I'm bound to miss something now.

This is super late and I bet you already figured it out, but clan members that you recruit are completely random in everything except for their race. Each race is tied to a moon, hence if you recruit a party during the Sagemoon, for example, it's 100% going to be a Nu Mou with a random job and name. There are a few exceptions as there are side quests available that unlock specific characters with a preset race, job and name. A cool trick you can manipulate is that if you have less than 7 party members (I believe) you can surrender a random encounter to ensure a recruitment 100% of the time after the battle. Depending on the moon, you can just surrender over and over until you get a specific character with a job you want

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really doubt there's going to some mass exodus here (lol) but figured this is a good time to post a reminder that there's a FF community discord for people interested.

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anyone in LA that really wants to go to the Final Fantasy VII Remake concert?

I was supposed to go but my flight got bodied by an 8 hour delay and literally every other flight was full. And I was 2 away on the standby list for last possible flight that would get me there on time. It's been a very long day at the airport. Im super sleepy.

I don't think I'll be able to sell the ticket before the show so I might as well give it away to someone that would really love to go. Preferably someone who has never gone to one of these concerts before!

ticket is a nice seat right in the center of orchestra center.

Deleted member 511

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in LA that really wants to go to the Final Fantasy VII Remake concert?

I was supposed to go but my flight got bodied by an 8 hour delay and literally every other flight was full. And I was 2 away on the standby list for last possible flight that would get me there on time. It's been a very long day at the airport. Im super sleepy.

I don't think I'll be able to sell the ticket before the show so I might as well give it away to someone that would really love to go. Preferably someone who has never gone to one of these concerts before!

ticket is a nice seat right in the center of orchestra center.
I posted this in the FFera discord so hopefully you get a response. I know Yosh performs at that show so I'm jealous of anyone who gets to go!

demu

AVALANCHE
Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I dreamed that Geoff Keighley officially announced Final Fantasy IX Remake. It was a 2D sprite based game and in the trailer you could see Vivi fighting alongside Puck. When I woke up I immediately checked ResetEra to see if it was real and saw Yoshi-P's FFXVI message instead, which was also nice, I guess.

Still waiting for that FFIX Remake announcement, though. Gosh, I hope it's real.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
How's the difficulty in Lightning Returns? Got no problem picking easy if normal is annoying, but don't want to be completely bored, just looking for a chill time with it

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How's the difficulty in Lightning Returns? Got no problem picking easy if normal is annoying, but don't want to be completely bored, just looking for a chill time with it
It's fine. Just make sure to do all quests to properly level up. Also, absolutely spam the time-stop magic all the time. You need to do that.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My only other tip would be to create separate save files. The last time I played, I kept a separate save that was at the beginning of the new day. That way, if anything went super wrong, I could load up the save and restart the day. I don't remember needing to do that, but making that save had a calming effect on me and my ADD.

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
My only other tip would be to create separate save files. The last time I played, I kept a separate save that was at the beginning of the new day. That way, if anything went super wrong, I could load up the save and restart the day. I don't remember needing to do that, but making that save had a calming effect on me and my ADD.

Ah okay, I didn't know things could go wrong lol. I guess it could be easy to miss sidequests because of the time aspect? all I know about this game going in is that you can pause time and that low poly dog

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ah okay, I didn't know things could go wrong lol. I guess it could be easy to miss sidequests because of the time aspect? all I know about this game going in is that you can pause time and that low poly dog
yeah. Basically, if at any point you feel like you've wasted a bunch of time and that might cause you to miss a bunch of quests, you can reload. And as I mentioned, it might just help you with your mental load, which would make your experience more pleasant.

As I said, you might not even need to ever do that. But should you want to, you'll need that backup save.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
FF6 Question: Assuming the Pixel Remaster doesn't change stats and espers much
What are the best stats to increase for each character?
I know some chara's skills benefit more from Magic while others it is fine to just go with Strength, but I want to try and prioritize some characters' gains as early as possible.
Furthermore, after Magic and Strength, what's the best stat to build up afterwards?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going through FFXIII properly for the first time (I watched my sister play bits of the early chapters back in like 2011), and I'm partway through chapter 2 now, and just to make sure I'm understanding the terms that somehow mystified so many people back at launch:
fal'cie= a god/deity basically
l'cie= people who the fal'cie choose to do a
Focus, and they're branded in some way
Focus= a task a l'cie has to do within a certain time
cie'th= a l'cie who didn't complete their focus before their brand got big, and turned into a weird mindless monster thing

That's basically it, right?

Jan 11, 2018
I'm going through FFXIII properly for the first time (I watched my sister play bits of the early chapters back in like 2011), and I'm partway through chapter 2 now, and just to make sure I'm understanding the terms that somehow mystified so many people back at launch:
fal'cie= a god/deity basically
l'cie= people who the fal'cie choose to do a
Focus, and they're branded in some way
Focus= a task a l'cie has to do within a certain time
cie'th= a l'cie who didn't complete their focus before their brand got big, and turned into a weird mindless monster thing

That's basically it, right?

Yes. There are also two types of fal'Cie - those from Pulse, and those from Cocoon. They are at odds with one another.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. There are also two types of fal'Cie - those from Pulse, and those from Cocoon. They are at odds with one another.
Yeah, I'm at a/the Pulse fal'cie now lol.
But yeah, that was surprisingly not that difficult at all to figure out lmao.

I'm quite enjoying it so far. I know it's very linear for ages, but it just feels like a similar structure to FFX except it doesn't have Tidus thank god, and the battle system is actually engaging and doesn't feel lifted out of a lesser JRPG series. My only complaint so far is how have they managed to make such an awful camera for a game where you're running in one direction most of the time.

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, I'm at a/the Pulse fal'cie now lol.
But yeah, that was surprisingly not that difficult at all to figure out lmao.

I'm quite enjoying it so far. I know it's very linear for ages, but it just feels like a similar structure to FFX except it doesn't have Tidus thank god, and the battle system is actually engaging and doesn't feel lifted out of a lesser JRPG series. My only complaint so far is how have they managed to make such an awful camera for a game where you're running in one direction most of the time.

The game came out 8 years later and is still more linear and restricted than FFX. No towns, no NPCs to talk to, no alternative pathways (all of them lead to a chest, then it's back to the main road), no backtracking etc. FFXIII is definitely a big step back, both compared to FFXII and FFX (+ FFX-2). I actually like Tidus a lot. He's certainly better than Snow, Hope and Vanille. But I still also like FFXIII despite its shortcomings. I think the game's positives also stand out more today when open world has become such a tired format. Biggest issue for me is that the game focuses on anime drama in the cutscenes, and all the important plot and lore is tucked away in the datalogs (make sure you read them). The battle system is great once if fully opens up later on in the game.

FFXIII-2 is amazing, btw. It fixes most of the issues a lot of people had with the first game.

Oct 30, 2017
Probably an odd question-but my friends and I are going to be playing FFX for our shitty podcast.
We'd like to divide it into 4 parts-anybody have like a spoiler free suggestion on how to split it up?

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Probably an odd question-but my friends and I are going to be playing FFX for our shitty podcast.
We'd like to divide it into 4 parts-anybody have like a spoiler free suggestion on how to split it up?
I don't, but I always felt like the level requirements for the final dungeon assumed you'd done a decent amount of grinding and some sidequesting, so you should either consider sidequests and the ending as one of the 4 segments, or use the PC version which has boosters, so you can boost through the last few bosses.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
So the only mainline fantasy that Ive never put hands on is 12. Im going to try and do something about that before 16 comes up but i have a question regarding ]Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. Is it worth picking up if I end up jiving with ff12? $40 bucks on amazon doesnt seem too bad.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
So the only mainline fantasy that Ive never put hands on is 12. Im going to try and do something about that before 16 comes up but i have a question regarding Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings. Is it worth picking up if I end up jiving with ff12? $40 bucks on amazon doesnt seem too bad.
It's very different to FFXII in tone. Its a silly Saturday morning cartoon style adventure and it has none of the Ivalice charm because it's set in its own world. Not that it's bad, it's just super different.

I got more of a kick out of seeing the occasional cameo appearance of the characters in FF Tactics A2, and that's also got the benefit of feeling like Ivalice. It's by far the better game so I'd recommend that instead.

Jan 11, 2018
I still think Revenant Wings has its own charm, and it gives Penelo some long overdue time in the spotlight. While I'd argue XIII-2 is still the best direct sequel in terms of gameplay, as far as continuation of the main plot goes it's also followed by a bottom of the barrel conclusion to what could actually have been quite a stellar saga under a better director. So I would argue Revenant Wings is probably the least offensive FF sequel. It's just cute extra fluff that doesn't make you go "look how they massacred my boy" lol.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I loved Revenant Wings. Any extra time I get to spend in Ivalice is well worth it for me, and as others have said, it has its own charms. I remember dropping it a bit far in the game, I think around the battle with either Chaos or some other major boss (a Judge?) but I enjoyed spending more time with the characters overall.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
It's very different to FFXII in tone. Its a silly Saturday morning cartoon style adventure and it has none of the Ivalice charm because it's set in its own world. Not that it's bad, it's just super different.

I got more of a kick out of seeing the occasional cameo appearance of the characters in FF Tactics A2, and that's also got the benefit of feeling like Ivalice. It's by far the better game so I'd recommend that instead.
Sounds good. Thanks for the details and recommendation.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through FF8 remaster on Switch after beating it for the first time over a decade ago. So nostalgic, great OST.

A question for all of you, if you had to fix the junction system how would you change things? It's so abusable lol. Change how cards and items are refined? Fixing drawing in some way?

Jan 11, 2018
Playing through FF8 remaster on Switch after beating it for the first time over a decade ago. So nostalgic, great OST.

A question for all of you, if you had to fix the junction system how would you change things? It's so abusable lol. Change how cards and items are refined? Fixing drawing in some way?

Have fixed levels for enemies seems like the obvious solution to me?

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I would change it to a normal magic system with some kind of MP instead of needing 100 of every spell for at least 3 characters and overhaul the way draw works. For example instead of drawing 1-10 Fire's, you make it more difficult and require multiple turns and maybe add in some criteria that needs to be met, but once you're successful you now have Fire, everyone can equip Fire, everyone can use fire and no have to worry about your stats going down or having to draw/make more.