• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So has all of ERA just turned on FF7 Remake all of a sudden now? Lmao.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade is pretty damn good but it's so slow. It picks up the pace in small chunks but gets so good when things get revealed. The feeling of exploration really is amazing but could be really overwhelming especially if you want to find everything. Also, battles sometimes take forever especially if you fight higher levelled people and there's a lot of it. I kinda got tired of it towards the end but beat it.

Gotta play XB2 after and if you can get over the anime junk, it gets really good especially the latter half of the game with the last chapter being really mind blowing and the game is even better if you played XC1

Also, the music is soooo damn good for both of these games.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Fetch quest is way worst in FF7... That cat side mission is one of the most stupid things ever.

I've only played XBC on the 3DS but uh...that's a really bad point to make against FF7R

Lol at the people who even admit to have not played FF7r and still come up with the padding excuse

It's just ridiculous. It's those people who don't even have a PS4 and no intentions to play FF7R suddenly weigh in because they were fixated with negative threads about FF7R. Absolutely useless opinion.

Nov 8, 2017
I haven't played Xenoblade but FF7R is amazing, a really awesome remake that is basically how to treat a rereleased AAA title.

Nov 1, 2017
Final Fantasy 7R has a lot of padding that bogs it down, so be aware of that. Can't comment on the first Xenobloade game as I never played it yet.

Ximonz

Oct 30, 2017
Taiwan
Despite how many people's recommendation of XCDE OP still say 50/50,
which means that, to my understanding, OP actually wants to play FF7R more.

I honestly think OP should play FF7R first, then play XCDE,
so maybe OP can appreciate how much better game XCDE is.

and after that, play the original FF7.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Definitely Xenoblade 2 first, considering its the better game, and will likely hold its price for a very long while.

FF7remake is going to get price drop in the coming future, so why not play Xenoblade 2 and then pick up the discounted FF7remake by then. Make more sense.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely Xenoblade 2 first, considering its the better game, and will likely hold its price for a very long while.

FF7remake is going to get price drop in the coming future, so why not play Xenoblade 2 and then pick up the discounted FF7remake by then. Make more sense.
The op was asking about XC 1, not 2 I believe.
Which is a good thing because xc2 is a largely mediocre game.

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
God, it seems like the opinions are really split 50/50.
I wish I could try Xeno combat before buying it, because looking at it it doesn't look really interesting and a bad gameplay loop in a 70 hours long game... but at the same time, the world looks gorgeous and amazing and the story intrigues me, and maybe I end up liking the combat.

FFVIIr combat was pretty good in the demo but if its a corridor of doing that for 30-40 hours it could be terrible.

I dont know man, decisions decisions...
Honestly based on this I would play ffvii R if I were you. You know you liked the demo and the whole game is much better than the demo. The combat system keeps getting better. Skip most side quests they are absolutely not necessary (and you don't miss story beats). It has some issues and the ending divides fans but the game is overall wonderful and if you like the battle system in the demo odds are you will love it in the full game.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Xenoblade is a better, more complete game, not in the sense that Remake will be followed up on, but more that I feel that the sum of Xenoblade's parts is more wholly engaging/interesting than the sum of Remake's.

Remake does however have significantly better combat (easily) and spectacle (but it's close).

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The op was asking about XC 1, not 2 I believe.
Which is a good thing because xc2 is a largely mediocre game.

Ops, i made a mistake. Still, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a masterpiece too so picking it up before FF7,is still the better decision. Hundreds of hours of gameplay including sidequests and engaging world and characters.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter what the other game is, get FFVII:R. Few games can compare.

px3pOjX.png

cBZGhcN.png

I don't think you thought that one through.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Lol at the people who even admit to have not played FF7r and still come up with the padding excuse

I played FF7, the padding was unbearable.

The number of times you fall through floors to have to get back up, or a simple task requires activation of a lot of random things that makes no sense just to waste time, and you get stuck in a shitty corridor dungeon is absolutely unacceptable.

OH QUICK A TEAMMATE IS IN DANGER? LET S G- aaand we fell again.

OMG THIS CONFRONTATION IS SO SICK I CANT WAIT TO S- aaaad we fell again.

It got old very very very fast, didn't help like it felt like the whole game is designed like a corridor outside of the little hubs and the amazing honey bee chapter.

The original has such an adventure game feel to it and I feel like this was absolutely mauled in FF7R.

And that's not to say the game doesn't do some amazing things but padding is definitely one of its worst shortcomings imo.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
That depends on what you want, Xenoblade is definitely a bigger and more expansive game with more content... but then again a lot of tathhe content is fairly repetitive. Also there's the combat which is definitely NOT for everyone, so I think FFVIIR is a more sure bet if you nevetr played Xenoblade before.