• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't doubt that. MS will find a way hopefully.
Unless they can find a faster and more effective method beyond the Heutchy method, the biggest issue will be time and resources and how much it takes to successfully apply it to a game and comprehensively test it to make certain it works at all times and doesn't introduce new bugs or glitches which then have to be troubleshooted and fixed.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Unless they can find a faster and more effective method beyond the Heutchy method, the biggest issue will be time and resources and how much it takes to successfully apply it to a game and comprehensively test it to make certain it works at all times and doesn't introduce new bugs or glitches which then have to be troubleshooted and fixed.
What method did they use for One X enhancements? I know the Heutchy method is used to present the game as designed for the original hardware.

That'd be great. Maybe because EA? Wanna play em all but maybe I'll hold out some hope for a bump?
Yeah, throughout my play-through I wondered how good it would look enhanced, running natively at 4K or thereabouts. Surprisingly the game still holds up, it's actually really good even after all of these years.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Now if only they would do something about every 360 game, so many deserve the enhanced treatment.
I would love this.

When they first detailed BC for Series X, they mentioned this:
With all of the additional power and advancements of the Xbox Series X, the compatibility team now has a veritable playground of new capabilities to innovate and push the limits of game preservation and enhancement. The compatibility team has invented brand new techniques that enable even more titles to run at higher resolutions and image quality while still respecting the artistic intent and vision of the original creators. We are also creating whole new classes of innovations including the ability to double the frame rate of a select set of titles from 30 fps to 60 fps or 60 fps to 120 fps.

Hopefully we'll hear more about their plans soon.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What method did they use for One X enhancements? I know the Heutchy method is used to present the game as designed for the original hardware.
The Heutchy method is the method the BC team applies that tricks the renderer to render the resolution at a multiple higher than it's original resolution and it's applied to all BC OG Xbox games (41) and 39 BC 360 games
I would love this.

Yeah, we have to wait to hear more details because so far the only examples they've shown has been towards Xbox One games.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I would love this.

There you go, that's what I was hoping to see. Thank you for sharing this info.
The Heutchy method is the method the BC team applies that tricks the renderer to render the resolution at a multiple higher than it's original resolution and it's applied to all BC OG Xbox games (41) and 39 BC 360 games
I meant to say Series X and S. Could it be they are using the brand new technique they were alluding to for the new systems?

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Anyone know why the marketplace.xbox.com link is not marking down the Indiana Jones & Emperor's Tomb as Games with Gold? I'd like to redeem it there so I have access to the game on my Xbox 360 as well and that my license to the game is the permanent type.

Wario64 is getting reports that the Xbox Store now gives out the full permanent license. I'll have to test that out when I get home this evening to see if the game becomes accessible on my 360. Will Edit my post to reflect that findings.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1355912430761635840

Indiana Jones & Emperor's Tomb is now marked as Games with Gold on the 360's online store.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Hope everyone checks out Dandara. Wonderful game, takes a little while to get used to the controls but they will click I promise. I just love the atmosphere of the game and the soundtrack is top tier.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know why the marketplace.xbox.com link is not marking down the Indiana Jones & Emperor's Tomb as Games with Gold? I'd like to redeem it there so I have access to the game on my Xbox 360 as well and that my license to the game is the permanent type.

Wario64 is getting reports that the Xbox Store now gives out the full permanent license. I'll have to test that out when I get home this evening to see if the game becomes accessible on my 360. Will Edit my post to reflect that findings. https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1355912430761635840
It's now available through the Marketplace link.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
We simply don't know yet and like I said the only examples the BC team have used are on Xbox One games. I can't wait to hear more details to get a better idea.
Yeah, I hope the BC team was to able to successfully implement the brand new technique they mentioned.
Hope everyone checks out Dandara. Wonderful game, takes a little while to get used to the controls but they will click I promise. I just love the atmosphere of the game and the soundtrack is top tier.
I'll be sure to give it a try, it looks pretty good.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Lost Planet 2 is up

Buy Lost Planet 2 | Xbox

The next installment in the popular action series returns in Lost Planet® 2. Ten years have passed since the first game, and the face of E.D.N. III has changed dramatically. Terraforming efforts have been successful and the ice has begun to melt, giving way to lush tropical jungles and harsh...

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I missed out on the Lost Planet games somehow in that PS3/360 era. Much point in playing solo or nah?