• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017

New: @FBI now reports in a bulletin "Armed protests are being planned at all 50 state capitols from 16 January through at least 20 January, and at the US Capitol from 17 January through 20 January," @AaronKatersky reports.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Came here to post this...yeeeaaahh. Glad I don't live in a capitol city anymore.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
In for a rude awakening if they try that in DC again thinking they'll run into the same resistance (or lack thereof). That place is locked the fuck down.

ExoExplorer

Jan 3, 2019
New York City
I hope their turn-out is horrible and these capitols are over prepared. Though with some state governments I'd almost expect them to let out a red carpet for these terrorists.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
used to live walking distance to MN capital in St Paul, would have been just great looking out my window and see a mob of armed white pieces of shit marching.

they already announced days ago they were ramping up security with state patrol and DNR officials (guess they do more than just check fishing licenses jk)

data

Oct 25, 2017
"Armed Protests"

Is there a reason they need to be armed for a protest? Just call it as it is. They're blantantly trying to terrorize / are terrorist.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Without Trump to encourage them and advertise these to 80m people (well 50m people and 30m bots) I am guessing most of them with fizzle out. But still best to be cautious and prepared.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Okay, that's cool intel... so what's the remedy? Over here it would most likely lead to emergency ordinances to prohibit people coming near or carrying weapons but I know that clashes with Americans' interpretation of their 1st and 2nd Amendment rights.

Also the term 'armed protests' is just... bizarre.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm considering owning a firearm. The one time im happy to be in the burbs. Stay safe y'all.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Trump supporters are so impressed by no new foreign wars that they decided to start one at home.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Deploy the National Guard in record numbers to every single one of them. Enough of this bullshit.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I hope their turn-out is horrible and these capitols are over prepared. Though with some state governments I'd almost expect them to let out a red carpet for these terrorists.

Yeah, it has the potential to get quite strange in really red states. I could see anything from state legislators giving speeches to the mobs, to state legislators getting lynched by the mob while saying "but wait I'm on your side".

But probably it'll just be people standing around endlessly looping stupid 3-syllable chants. "USA!" "Stop the Steal!" "Lock her up?"

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I think most of them are cowards and won't show. Even during the BLM protests these white nationalist types went out to protect stores but the stores they stood in front of were like blocks away from the protests lol.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I think the recent arrests and things will likely deter the vast majority of those who might have joined in this before the events. That being said, it would be foolhardy to be complacent. All it takes is one successful takedown to spark the fire in them.