• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
I'm gonna go with something more recent. I haven't finished season 1 but I'm sure that it'll get a second one.

Good way to start things off with an OP1 that's different and catchy.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The English theme was already posted but the original Japanese OP to Pokemon is just as ubiquitous.

And speaking of the 'mons, if you've only ever heard the English Digimon theme... While I personally consider the JP/US themes for Pokemon to be more or less even, Saban's Digimon song ain't NOTHING compared to Butter-Fly.

OP
OP
Stowaway Silfer

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
...I guess I should've just written " First Opening" instead of shortening it. (But man when even a title isn't read before coming...)

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I'll nominate my own choices. :

Absolutely beautiful opening which is a change from the usual Saint Seiya formula but captures the tone of the Hades Arc really well. This counts as its the first opening for the Hades Arc which was technically different from the original anime.

I also like this one a lot:

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
MP100, FMA:B, and Soul Eater's first OPs are hands down the absolute best (and Bleach's OP1 song is super amazing, too, even if I find the animation a bit boring), but those have all already been mentioned. :)
Soooo, even tho these aren't quite as visually stunning as the above, here are a couple other fav shonen OPs of mine not yet listed:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Whoops, misread.

Favorite OP1 would be Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Last edited:

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing as some of my favorites have been talked about let me through another in the mix, this intro makes me miss Jump Ultimate Stars.

Oct 27, 2017
Besides One Piece, Dragon Ball, and Digimon, which have already been mentioned, I also really like Ninku's OP.

While I like Naruto and Gintama's OP1 well enough, I think it's their OP2 that I associate more with the show.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Feels kind of lacking in irony and silliness, probably overly influenced by later parts of the series, but still a pleasure to watch.

Lots of subtle details in the video, comparing the relationships between characters and hinting at things to come. Stylish as hell.