• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
It's dynamic. Finish an outpost in an area and it'll shift within that specific area. And once you clear a region, they're completely gone.

It's 90/10 because the Project at Eden's Gate just did a hostile takeover of the entire region. This is literally within a few days of the takeover. (If not the next day.)

Good point. Never even noticed that was happening after clearing out the outposts or areas. In fact, in John's region after I had progressed past 70% I felt like their attacks were getting worse but this time by airplane and helicopters. I had to jump over to Faith's region and clear another 2 levels of resistance to get the RAT4 which works like a charm.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Had a character say over the radio to go get two tankers, Hit the Gas quest, and it won't show up in the log, completed or not =x. Maybe the trigger for the quest is just buggy, or the voice overs are. Had Nick talk about John being dead when he wasn't.

Last edited:

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I know we've had the silent protagonist conversation, but I need to rant about how dumb it is some more.

The Nick and Kim delivery scene- it's supposed to be a very emotional moment given that they're effectively making your character part of their family by naming you the godparent of their daughter. It falls short though since your character has no rapport with them and instead you're reduced to reaching out to their daughter like an idiot.

Blank slate character, man/woman with no name works fine. But there has to be a voice involved.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Just finished the game with 23 hours and 34 minutes played. Question about that ending...
What the fuck? I got the "good ending" where everyone dies, Joseph nukes Montana and captures me and plans to torture and force me to be the newest member of his family. That was the good ending? The balls on Ubisoft for that... I have to say, it definitely made me feel like a total moron for investing in the story considering the ending basically makes every single thing I did in the last 23 hours a complete waste. I fucking love this game and it's probably my second favorite in the series (Far Cry 3 will always have my heart) but this ending was just about the last thing I wanted. Really disappointed in that.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know we've had the silent protagonist conversation, but I need to rant about how dumb it is some more.

The Nick and Kim delivery scene- it's supposed to be a very emotional moment given that they're effectively making your character part of their family by naming you the godparent of their daughter. It falls short though since your character has no rapport with them and instead you're reduced to reaching out to their daughter like an idiot.

Blank slate character, man/woman with no name works fine. But there has to be a voice involved.

The main characters in FC games are complete dicks. It makes the story a little more bearable when I dont cringe every time the berk Im playing as talks. This was a great decision.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The main characters in FC games are complete dicks. It makes the story a little more bearable when I dont cringe every time the berk Im playing as talks. This was a great decision.
How was Jack Carver (Crytek version or Ubisoft version) a "complete dick"?
How was Rex Power Colt a "complete dick"?
How was Ajay Ghale a "complete dick"?
How was Takar a "complete dick"?

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
So, what's performance like on both consoles? So tempted and I have a while off work, what are people's honest thoughts?

FunnyJay

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of what I hear about Far Cry 5 sounds inspired by Ghost Recon Wildlands. Different regions with bosses, perform tasks/missions to get the bosses to show up, find the tasks by talking/interrogating people...

So, how similar is Far Cry 5 to its Ubisoft cousin Ghost Recon Wildlands really? Or is it just similar on a superficial level?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's performance like on both consoles? So tempted and I have a while off work, what are people's honest thoughts?
I am playing on PS4 Pro and it looks fucking great. If you have a nice TV you should be good with PS4 Pro tour Xbox One X. DF seems to favor the X (despite screen tearing on the map).

Dragoneye

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The United States of America
I can't fucking believe this, Like I get for gameplay purposes it has to exist but the entire way the cult went "preparing" for the end doesn't make fucking sense. Also why is the bliss just magic?

TheWordyGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I missed why the cultists are called 'Peggies' - probably embarrassing myself by asking the question (because it's probably something obvious), but oh well.

(I once said at a forum that my Acer X34 was a 32 inch monitor - embarrassing)

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, i can't walk 5 minutes without a wolverine or random peggies popping out of nowhere haha. Me and my SO were investigating some prepper stash hidden in a small tunnel sewage and a wolverine followed us, it was spooky.

Is it me or enemies hit super hard, even on Normal.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of what I hear about Far Cry 5 sounds inspired by Ghost Recon Wildlands. Different regions with bosses, perform tasks/missions to get the bosses to show up, find the tasks by talking/interrogating people...

So, how similar is Far Cry 5 to its Ubisoft cousin Ghost Recon Wildlands really? Or is it just similar on a superficial level?

I'd imagine it's pretty similar, AC Origins has the same template as well.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this might be the best coop experience I've had in a long time. God I love full coop campaigns.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

I found Wildlands to be extremely repetitive even by open world standards, and never managed to even clear a region. It's one of the few games I've never finished. Apart from having to kill off the subs first before the: boss, I don't find them much the same.

My theory about the ending:
The Bliss fucked with your head and the nukes were all a bad dream. See, because when you load back in, Joseph is gone, Dutch is alive in his bunker, and everything is right with the world. Anyway, that's what I like to think... the alternative is you're still trapped in the bunker and have completely lost it and are just dreaming you're still running around with all your animal buddies. Seriously, Peaches and Boomer are dead? I can't take it.

Last edited:

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I missed why the cultists are called 'Peggies' - probably embarrassing myself by asking the question (because it's probably something obvious), but oh well.

(I once said at a forum that my Acer X34 was a 32 inch monitor - embarrassing)

I'm not sure it's even ectually explained.

Their cult is called Project Eden's Gate, PEG. "Peggies" is basically Project Eden's Gate'rs.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm a fan of in this game is the buddy system. It's the closest any shooter I've played has come to replicating the feeling of CO-OP in single-player.

Being able to get into the passenger seat of a car and have your 'buddy' drive is pretty cool. I'll have to see if that works for helicopters, but I imagine it doesn't.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
Man watching the new Wild Wild Country documentary on Netflix is really weird when playing this at the same time. Very similar situations.

Anyway, I've just cleared John's area and started Faith's. Love how each area uses different vegetation and stuff. Very nice touch! I've also found it easier to just save up and buy the prestige version of later guns rather than waiting to get the resistance points up so rocking the Milita AKM now which is great.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Just finished the game with 23 hours and 34 minutes played. Question about that ending...
What the fuck? I got the "good ending" where everyone dies, Joseph nukes Montana and captures me and plans to torture and force me to be the newest member of his family. That was the good ending? The balls on Ubisoft for that... I have to say, it definitely made me feel like a total moron for investing in the story considering the ending basically makes every single thing I did in the last 23 hours a complete waste. I fucking love this game and it's probably my second favorite in the series (Far Cry 3 will always have my heart) but this ending was just about the last thing I wanted. Really disappointed in that.
It wasn't Joseph who nuked the country. He was genuinely suprised he was right about the collapse. It was start of the nuclear war. Basically Joseph was right all the time.

I consider "walk away" as the true ending.

hexanaut

Dec 6, 2017
Not sure if it's been posted yet but I found this helpful list on Reddit of missing missions:
Holland Valley: Stuck at 51/52 Missions Completed? Head over to the big "YES" sign and shoot it down. I used a heli, but a RPG can be located in proximity to the sign. Taking a shot at the sign will trigger the mission "No Means No" from Dutch.

Henbane River: Stuck at 41-42/43 Missions Completed? First; check out the Clutch Nixon mission next to Loresca Residence, northwest of the Drubman Marina. Even though this mission is within Whitetail Mountains it actually counts as a Henbane River mission. https://i.imgur.com/jPIoyo0.jpg

Second; remember Guy Marvel up at Grimalkin Radon Mine? The guy filming a movie. Visit him again to start a second mission called "Blood Dragon 3". Complete that one and you should be set! Grimalkin Radon Mine is located straight north from Nolan's Fly Shop.https://i.imgur.com/Q8yCnLr.jpg

Whitetail Mountains: Stuck at 40/41 Missions Completed? Head northwest to Ozhigwan Falls which is located straight west from Wolf's Den. At the bottom of the waterfall there's a crashed car which actually is a "secret" Prepper Stash. And by secret I mean that you can't locate this one by asking a resident of Hope County. I accidentally stumbled upon this one which was pretty cool. I believe the mission's called "Cliffhanger". https://i.imgur.com/E9xPQ6k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/j2nbz5Q.jpg

Right now I'm mopping up the fishing spots and hunting challenges, then I'll probably restart the game with a female character and go for a HUD-less playthrough. I haven't even touched Arcade yet because the main game is so much fun.

1813631-peggy_hill.jpg

All I think of every time I hear the word 'peggies'

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Great video.

It puts into perspective how fucking awesome Far Cry 2 was, so many great immersive systems (weapon jam and breakage, car breakage, ingame map, no save anywhere, fire propagation, dynamic weather and daytime, ingame shopping interface via PCs, malaria, healing system and animations, seeing physical hand picking up items...).

It sucks so much that later FC games abandoned so many of these things, and that Clint Hocking spent a decade wasting at Valve and Amazon where he never shipped anything. I would love to see his new Far Cry game building on FC2 and fixing its flaws and introducing more RPG elements and systems. God fucking dammit.
Absolutely! Preach it... FC2 had it's flaws but damned if all this stuff you listed was not magnificent

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't Joseph who nuked the country. He was genuinely suprised he was right about the collapse. It was start of the nuclear war. Basically Joseph was right all the time.

I consider "walk away" as the true ending.

The timing is entirely too suspect to not be Joseph's doing in some fashion. You resist and arrest him, the nukes immediately go off. You walk away and they don't? Nah. It doesn't work. Instead, you walk away and have enough time to really hear the song and black out.

Second playthrough and this dude has been a great find and my MVP on some of these missions. If shock and awe and securing an area is your objective, this is your man.
ybrBGf3.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I have to commend this game for creating this surreal and mesmerizing atmosphere I've not felt in a long time (since Red Dead Redemption) in exploring with the world. It really captures a sense of character that I take my time to absorb and really appreciate. It also has the best soundtrack I've heard in this year so far.

As well this is the perfect coincidental justified game I never knew could existed. I love it.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
The timing is entirely too suspect to not be Joseph's doing in some fashion. You resist and arrest him, the nukes immediately go off. You walk away and they don't? Nah. It doesn't work. Instead, you walk away and have enough time to really hear the song and black out.

Second playthrough and this dude has been a great find and my MVP on some of these missions. If shock and awe and securing an area is your objective, this is your man.
ybrBGf3.jpg
Well that seems to play on Joseph really being God's prophet. Once player resists, God send his wrath.

I mean that ending would be far better if those three nukes were from Eden's three bunkers, but Joseph suprised reaction at the very end and his talk about no more politics and corporations seems like it wasn't just Hope County thing.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017

ybrBGf3.jpg
I think the generic guns for hire get random perks though so finding him isn't necessarily what you want, just try to get lucky and find a gfh that gets whichever perks you're looking for. Or am I wrong how the generic gfh NPC's work?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Does anyone else just find this game, I dunno, annoying? I can't find any other word for it. It's like I'm constantly being interrupted or coming across something that irritates me and I can't get comfortable and just play the game.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else just find this game, I dunno, annoying? I can't find any other word for it. It's like I'm constantly being interrupted or coming across something that irritates me and I can't get comfortable and just play the game.
The word I'd use for that is "claustrophobic". It's in an open world but the game is so afraid to let you have a moment to breathe and take in the environment that it has to spawn people and creatures to cause some havoc. It's frustrating.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I think the generic guns for hire get random perks though so finding him isn't necessarily what you want, just try to get lucky and find a gfh that gets whichever perks you're looking for. Or am I wrong how the generic gfh NPC's work?
Nope, you're correct in that they're all random. You just have to hope.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
Really not enjoying this game after four hours or so. The drugged or flamethrower enemies are just massive bullet sponges that take out my dog and then me while I unload round after round with an assault rifle. Not enjoyable.

You need explosives or sustained auto fire to bring down flamers and heavies. Sniping the tanks of the flamer in a group is also a great opener; direct your companions at his friends while you do.

Not sure about druggies though, one or two headshots should be enough and they go down easy imo.

Arrahant

Nov 6, 2017
NL
Absolutely! Preach it... FC2 had it's flaws but damned if all this stuff you listed was not magnificent

Agreed, fc2 impressed me the most as well. Checkpoints respawns were obnoxious, but the game really felt like it took place in a conflict zone.

5 also gives me this feeling somewhat. I kinda like the roads being dangerous and having to cut through the forests.

stan_marsh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Played five hours straight last night.
I rarely do that nowadays. This game just absorbs me.

I think this will be one of my favorite games this year.

I have to commend this game for creating this surreal and mesmerizing atmosphere I've not felt in a long time (since Red Dead Redemption) in exploring with the world. It really captures a sense of character that I take my time to absorb and really appreciate. It also has the best soundtrack I've heard in this year so far.

As well this is the perfect coincidental justified game I never knew could existed. I love it.

This!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Man, i can't walk 5 minutes without a wolverine or random peggies popping out of nowhere haha. Me and my SO were investigating some prepper stash hidden in a small tunnel sewage and a wolverine followed us, it was spooky.

Is it me or enemies hit super hard, even on Normal.
That wolverine seems to be a guarantee for that prepper stash. The one that started with a note on an old school bus, right?

I've done that one in co-op and solo and the wolverine was in there. And I saw a random Twitch stream and the wolverine was in their game too. Lol. I guess it's supposed to be a sort of scare and quick battle as you get treasure.

I agree it feels like enemies hit pretty hard on normal