• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
[
I'm commish in one league and no one has discussed yet about the season yet.

Also is yahoo not working? Tucker got cheated out on points for his 46 yard kick. Should be at least 4-5 points
That's stunning to me... do you at least have COVID-IR spots or more IR spots? I feel like people sticking their heads in the sand there.
What do you expect them to do, call Goodell?

There is nothing you can do to "deal" with it. By the end of the year, everyone will have one week where they get absolutely fucked because of COVID.
There are things that can be done about it that I've seen discussed on numerous boards (FF Reddit, Footballguys.com, Rotoworld Forums, etc.), it just depends on your leaguemates/commish. I don't believe in "getting fucked" if there's something that can be done about it.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
[
That's stunning to me... do you at least have COVID-IR spots or more IR spots? I feel like people sticking their heads in the sand there.

There are things that can be done about it that I've seen discussed on numerous boards (FF Reddit, Footballguys.com, Rotoworld Forums, etc.), it just depends on your leaguemates/commish. I don't believe in "getting fucked" if there's something that can be done about it.
We have 6 bench spots so we don't need a IR spot. Also they only agree since it's a money league to carry over the pot to next season of season is cancelled

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
6524ca29544a067ee7ada3bc574c7938f1787fea.jpg

I was wondering what happened. Tough luck, feel for the guy.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
My first 4 picks of the draft were Saquon, Ekeler, Godwin, and Dak. Unless Metcalf scores more than 20 points tonight (which might happen) I'll somehow be 4-1. But it is going to be rough sledding ahead. I did pick up Tannehill off of waivers the second Dak went down, so he will be serviceable but it looks like I'll be playing the stream game.

Edit: I lost by 4 points all on the final Seahawks drive 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
In a Super Flex league with Dak so i'm on the hunt after this week's games. Someone put out a message that his Aaron Rodgers, Kyler Murray, and Patrick Mahomes are on the trade block while his skill positions are barren. I have Kamara, J. Taylor, Robinson, and Sanders. WRs include Amari Cooper, Robby Anderson, R Woods, Landry, Parker, Deebo, and Slayton.

Ideally i'd like to get any of those 3 QBs and his Darren Waller for something. Some of the 'better' QBs that are available on the wire include Phillips Rivers, Kyle Allen, and Andy Dalton so i'm gonna need to get something done.

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017
Mclaurin, Jefferson, and Diontae got me a whopping combined 8.4 points. I benched Henry cause I was not hopeful for the game tomorrow and started Robinson who went for 7.5. Rough week but I'm up by 10 with Lutz to go vs the NO defense. Really not feeling good about it.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
In a standard PPR league, had Dak and have been offered Rodgers for Michael Thomas. I'm tempted, but advice?
I'd probably rather have Dalton and Thomas than Rodgers and no Thomas
How are your leagues dealing with the Covid issues?
We have a thread where you can list players that you are starting as "backups" to players that are in Covid game hell. For example, this week, I could have started Joe Flacco or someone and had Josh Allen on my bench, and posted "Flacco backing up Allen", and if the Bills game ended up happing, the commisioner would go in and make the change to the team. This doesn't take into effect injuries or anything though- if Josh Allen catches COVID tomorrow and misses the game, but the game still happens, I would get Flacco removed from my lineup and Allen insterted in and take a zero if I did this.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Need some advice. I have 2nd waiver wire priority, but I'd rather not toss it to a qb to replace Dak. I think most teams in the league have rostered a backup qb already, so I think I should be safe. Who ya'll thinking has the best opportunity?
A. Dalton
R. Fitzpartrick
D. Carr
G. Minshew
K. Cousins
J. Goff

I was leaning toward Fitzpatrick or Carr but he is also on a bye lol. Can't imagine anyone would burn a claim for either, but who knows.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I need some mega help on my Yahoo team. Here's my current roster, and it's a 2-QB league:

Starting QBs: Burrow & Herbert
RBs: Kelley & Cook
WRs: Lamb, K. Allen, Hopkins
TE: Waller
DEF: KC

Backups:

QB: Lock
RB: P. Lindsey and Fournette
WR: AJ Green & Aiyuk
TE: Ebron
DEF: DEN

Dalton is available, and I was going to try to drop Green for either Claypool or Fulgham. I also have DeAndre Swift available at RB to put a claim for. What should I do? I started 2-0 and have now lost 3 in a row unless my Chargers players and Gostowski goes off tonight and tomorrow.

BurtonGuster

Oct 26, 2017
I have 3 players on Bye next week, QB, TE, and K. These are not positions I like to keep backups for so ill need to drop 3 players. I have Lutz and will drop him for another kicker. Is it ever advised to hold 2 kickers during a bye? I don't want to have to drop a 3rd player from my bench.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I have 3 players on Bye next week, QB, TE, and K. These are not positions I like to keep backups for so ill need to drop 3 players. I have Lutz and will drop him for another kicker. Is it ever advised to hold 2 kickers during a bye? I don't want to have to drop a 3rd player from my bench.

Maybe if you have like a huge league where kickers are rare, but otherwise I don't think I would ever hold onto an extra kicker unless you're doing the Taco strategy.

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
I stream my kickers in the league I'm in. Never worth having two at the same time.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
My RB situation (for this week) just got worse I was contemplating starting bell but even if he gets signed somewhere (I doubt it - at least this week) he probably won't know the playbook

Oh well, still better than being on the jets

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
So do we target one of the Jets RBs? I really don't want to go for Gore. Any chance they give that rookie Perine a healthy dose of balls?

I could use someone as Cook might not play week 6. Carson is on bye. Moss (BUF) I don't know how much he will get used next week and then I got Brown (LAR) who I'm happy to drop. Only sure thing I have next week is Hunt.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
So do we target one of the Jets RBs? I really don't want to go for Gore. Any chance they give that rookie Perine a healthy dose of balls?

I could use someone as Cook might not play week 6. Carson is on bye. Moss (BUF) I don't know how much he will get used next week and then I got Brown (LAR) who I'm happy to drop. Only sure thing I have next week is Hunt.

It's Gase. Expect 19 carries for Gore per game and a continued 45 yards/game

PillarEN

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll see if something is said before thursday. If I hear like he might get some work I'll toss a waiver on him

Oct 27, 2017
How much would you give up for McCaffrey at this point?

I think I can get him, because the first pick in my league this year is currently sat at 0-5 and in a hole with his team. I was going to give up Gaskin, Miles Sanders and Will Fuller for him (my other RB's are Jacobs, Edwards-Helaire and Chubb, my WR's are Golloday, Ridley and Shenault).

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
The way the Bill D/ST played last night is not giving me confidence about holding onto them (I thankfully played the Browns D/ST I picked up at the last minute); thinking about taking a risk and going with the Dolphins D/ST this week (and maybe dropping the Bills)

Humidex

Oct 27, 2017
The way the Bill D/ST played last night is not giving me confidence about holding onto them (I thankfully played the Browns D/ST I picked up at the last minute); thinking about taking a risk and going with the Dolphins D/ST this week (and maybe dropping the Bills)
I'd do it. Worth the gamble considering their work in SF last weekend.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
What would be fair value in return for DeAndre Hopkins? I'm solid at my starting WRs, but very weak at RB2 and QB1.

Last edited:

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Was offered Julio Jones and Melvin Gordon

For Mike Evans and Jamison Crowder

Seriously considering it. My other top WRs are Keenan Allen and Terry McLaurin.

Thoughts?

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
Was offered Julio Jones and Melvin Gordon

For Mike Evans and Jamison Crowder

Seriously considering it. My other top WRs are Keenan Allen and Terry McLaurin.

Thoughts?

Was this as the Melvin Gordon news broke? Was charged with DUI last night.

In addition I'm on Crowder's team moving forward. Mike Evan's value goes down as Godwin returns but Crowder has been too consistent to give him up for the ups and downs Julio has had, no? What do your RBs look like?

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Was this as the Melvin Gordon news broke? Was charged with DUI last night.

In addition I'm on Crowder's team moving forward. Mike Evan's value goes down as Godwin returns but Crowder has been too consistent to give him up for the ups and downs Julio has had, no? What do your RBs look like?

No, this was before the news broke.

My other RBs are Josh Jacobs and CEH but CEH has underperformed compared to the expectations so far...

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
How much would you give up for McCaffrey at this point?

I think I can get him, because the first pick in my league this year is currently sat at 0-5 and in a hole with his team. I was going to give up Gaskin, Miles Sanders and Will Fuller for him (my other RB's are Jacobs, Edwards-Helaire and Chubb, my WR's are Golloday, Ridley and Shenault).
That's a good offer

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
McCaffrey is going to put up numbers when healthy, but I'd be a little worried about Davis siphoning off carries. I mean, that would be the smart thing for CAR to do to keep McCaffrey upright.

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
No, this was before the news broke.

My other RBs are Josh Jacobs and CEH but CEH has underperformed compared to the expectations so far...

Without the DUI news I think the trade was decent. Your RB core is solid so Gordon would work for Jacobs' bye this week. Also has the potential upside if CEH continues to only put up 10 pts.

I don't have Julio anywhere this year so I haven't been following his progress much. His 1 healthy game he looked great but then he's been non-existent for Julio owners a quarter of the year.

RB > WR generally but not a fan of this trade. On paper it looks like you win out on value but Julio's hamstring injury and MG's off the field actions means you're taking a gamble with potential upside and the other team is taking a down grade for points now.

Oct 27, 2017
McCaffrey is going to put up numbers when healthy, but I'd be a little worried about Davis siphoning off carries. I mean, that would be the smart thing for CAR to do to keep McCaffrey upright.

Agree on both those concerns. The other thing I'm considering is that right now I have 5 RB's who are starters with their teams with relatively high fantasy floors. This seems like a good year to have that sort of depth.

On the other hand, it's Christian McCaffrey.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Without the DUI news I think the trade was decent. Your RB core is solid so Gordon would work for Jacobs' bye this week. Also has the potential upside if CEH continues to only put up 10 pts.

I don't have Julio anywhere this year so I haven't been following his progress much. His 1 healthy game he looked great but then he's been non-existent for Julio owners a quarter of the year.

RB > WR generally but not a fan of this trade. On paper it looks like you win out on value but Julio's hamstring injury and MG's off the field actions means you're taking a gamble with potential upside and the other team is taking a down grade for points now.

Yeah because RB>WR, I was intrigued by the trade. Now of course all this was before the Gordon getting in trouble news.

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
Thoughts on opponent's Aaron Rodgers and Darren Waller for my Miles Sanders and DeVante Parker? Had Dak in a 2QB league and wanted something more than Andy Dalton.I have Kamara, Robinson, and Taylor for RB in addition to Sanders. WRs include Woods, Cooper, Anderson, Deebo, and Jarvis. I've been streaming TE's mostly swapping between Gesicki and Hurst with me mostly making the wrong choice.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on opponent's Aaron Rodgers and Darren Waller for my Miles Sanders and DeVante Parker? Had Dak in a 2QB league and wanted something more than Andy Dalton.I have Kamara, Robinson, and Taylor for RB in addition to Sanders. WRs include Woods, Cooper, Anderson, Deebo, and Jarvis. I've been streaming TE's mostly swapping between Gesicki and Hurst with me mostly making the wrong choice.

Depends on what other guy has as to whether he'd take it

Oct 25, 2017
A have a guy offering me Ridley, Hockenson, CEH, and M. Hardman in exchange for Aaron Jones, Austin Ekeler, and Tyler Lockett.

I feel like this is a no brainer, but CEH hasn't scored, and sure it's just a matter of time....but that shit doesn't get you wins in fantasy. I'm 4-1, so I have wiggle room. I also have Justin Jackson and Phillip Lindsay to use as well.

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
Depends on what other guy has as to whether he'd take it

I offered the trade Monday evening. He ended up accepting it today. He was 0-4 going into this week and managed to get a win. He was sitting on Mahomes, Murray, and Rodgers at QB. RBs were Fournette, Gordon, White, Jackson, Akers, and Dobbins. I'm much more excited with these 2 than I was after watching that Dallas game Sunday.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
I offered the trade Monday evening. He ended up accepting it today. He was 0-4 going into this week and managed to get a win. He was sitting on Mahomes, Murray, and Rodgers at QB. RBs were Fournette, Gordon, White, Jackson, Akers, and Dobbins. I'm much more excited with these 2 than I was after watching that Dallas game Sunday.

He clearly drafted oddly to have that slate of QBs. Must've been planning to trade him. Surprised he gave up Waller vs shipping off Rodgers for just the RB.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
A have a guy offering me Ridley, Hockenson, CEH, and M. Hardman in exchange for Aaron Jones, Austin Ekeler, and Tyler Lockett.

I feel like this is a no brainer, but CEH hasn't scored, and sure it's just a matter of time....but that shit doesn't get you wins in fantasy. I'm 4-1, so I have wiggle room. I also have Justin Jackson and Phillip Lindsay to use as well.
So basically Jones/Lockett/Ekeler for Ridley/CEH

Think is roster dependent, but I'm not sure I do this. Probably would rather just pair Ekeler and Lockett for an upgrade at WR

Now if you need help at TE it's another story, but Hockenson is not enough to move the needle for me.

Oct 25, 2017
So basically Jones/Lockett/Ekeler for Ridley/CEH

Think is roster dependent, but I'm not sure I do this. Probably would rather just pair Ekeler and Lockett for an upgrade at WR

Now if you need help at TE it's another story, but Hockenson is not enough to move the needle for me.
Yeah, sorry, left out some info. I have Gronk and Dalton Schultz. My TE situation is kinda grim. My weakest position for sure. My other main receivers are K Allen (not sure about his health), Amari Cooper (Dalton? :/ ) and Beasley on my bench.